Napear would trade Boogie for Blake Griffin (split)

Because Grant is onboard with trading him?

The whole "its a perimeter game now" thing is silly. There's no magic to it. The ball goes in the hoop or it does not. The ball goes in the hoop plenty for Cousins and for us. The issue is on the other side of the court, and its not a Cousins issue.
blake can't get the front court of the other team in foul trouble consistently tho

What, about Napear?

Grant Napear is a tool. I originally wrote out a much longer and more ornate sentence than that, but tool will suffice. Had I the money, and who knows maybe one day I will, I would purchase KFBK, do a welcome the new owner interview with Grant, and humiliate him as I fired his ass, on air. Then I'd take some congratulatory callers.
damn... lol

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
What, about Napear?

Grant Napear is a tool. I originally wrote out a much longer and more ornate sentence than that, but tool will suffice. Had I the money, and who knows maybe one day I will, I would purchase KFBK, do a welcome the new owner interview with Grant, and humiliate him as I fired his ass, on air. Then I'd take some congratulatory callers.
I like this idea so much, I almost don't have the heart to tell him that he got the station wrong.

Almost.

If Grant's says it, it must be true... :rolleyes:

There are multiple ways to win a basketball game, in the end, defense wins championships most of the time. That's true in most all sports, and basketball is no exception, even today. Last time I checked, Cuz has the ability to score the ball well and can be a good defender in the right system, and that's not going to change barring injury.

Grant was a big time mouth piece for the Maloofs. He'd turn on a guy, bad mouth him on the radio for a couple weeks then magically that player was shipped out.

http://www.nba.com/kings/blog/boogie-shares-love-sacramento

This is the reason I get upset when everyone thinks shipping out cousins will solve all of our problems. He actually loves the city and wants to stay here. Everyone knows it's almost impossible to get free agents to come here, so when we get an Allstar that wants to be here, we look at what other teams have and want that. Casspi is having a great year and jumped at the opportunity to come back and we are ready to ship him to Miami or whatever. Rudy just re-signed with us and didn't bolt for a larger market? Get him out of here. Now a days you seem to never have a Reggie miller, Hakeem or David Robinson. It's screw building chemistry or staying loyal to the player being loyal, we need a change. Change the coach, trade a player, sign free agents or all of the above. Maybe we never get over 30 wins a year because evey year it's half a new team learning to play with each other or for a new coach with a new system. Can we have a core just play 2 full seasons together and learn all of each others tendencies and strengths/weakness and see where it goes?

Why does Grant still have a job with the Kings?

Really, after how he defended the Magoofs when they were trying to move the Kings and the way he rips the Kings players he doesn't like is just pathetic.

From a PR standpoint, I have never seen a team employ a commentator that repeatedly attacks their players in public.

Really, Vivek, you need to fire Grant, he is really bad for your business!
I wonder if they can have him removed from KHTK. They could easily fire him off the broadcast team, but I wonder if they have that power over the radio side of things.

Now while I may be one of those that would be interested in trading DMC, why the hell would we trade him for Blake? DMC is light years better then him, and Blake has a reputation with him as well. He had some weird beef with VDN, he and CP3+DJ didn't get along for awhile, and now the equipment manager. And all of these problems arose on a winning team. Can't imagine the trouble he'd get into here. And if Bobby Jackson is going to get heat from Karl's agent. There should be some directed at Grant as well, if Karl's fighting for his job and trying to work it out with this team's best offensive threat, the last Karl needs is a play by play guy advocating picking Blake up at the airport.

Who cares what Grant thinks. What does he know
Id be right there with you if Grant wasn't the TV voice of the kings and didn't have a 3 hour show on the kings flagship. The guy has too much sway and shoots his mouth off way too much to be the voice of the kings. Give the job to Gary Gerould.

That man has more class than grant could ever wish to have.

Again, as I have challenged before, what is this magical "perimeter game right now" supposed to be?

As best as I can tell there are basically two halves to basketball. There is offense. There is defense. Offensively we are the 3rd highest scoring team in the league, and about the 9th or 10th most efficient offense in the league. Better than many a perimeter team. Defensively we suck.

So if we were built around a perimeter guy...what exactly would magically happen? Our DEFENSE would improve? Is that what James Harden or Dame Lillard does for you? Or is every perimeter team automatically now equated with the Warriors, so we'd score 115?
I was simply repeating what Stephen Curry said about being a perimeter game until a big man comes along and changes that. But because it is a perimeter game is why we suck so bad. Not on the offensive side but the defensive

Id be right there with you if Grant wasn't the TV voice of the kings and didn't have a 3 hour show on the kings flagship. The guy has too much sway and shoots his mouth off way too much to be the voice of the kings. Give the job to Gary Gerould.

That man has more class than grant could ever wish to have.
All I want for Christmas is for Gary and Doug to be the voice of the Kings.

No way do I want Blake Griffin even for Curry. I'm a Grant listener when in my car. Dm't agree with Napar on trading Cuz. Good articles in today's Bee - Jones on Cuz's good nature and Voison on Vlade's need for more experienced help in th FO - lie a GM.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No way do I want Blake Griffin even for Curry. I'm a Grant listener when in my car. Dm't agree with Napar on trading Cuz. Good articles in today's Bee - Jones on Cuz's good nature and Voison on Vlade's need for more experienced help in th FO - lie a GM.
I posted both of them in new threads. :)

It's kind of pathetic that Grant hates Demarcus so bad that he'd trade him for a guy who punched a team employee. Blake doesn't have a better attitude than DMC and he's not a better player. We need to get DMC more help, not trade him. The only reason Grant is saying this is out of personal dislike.

Somewhat related, rumors are that the Clips proposed BG for Jokic, Gallo, Barton, and Faried.

Clippers were extremely stretching.
Hey atleast we know if DMC does demand out we can atleast trade him for blake. Which wouldn't be a bad trade getting a top 10 player in return. But he'd have to change his flopping