• Dukeswh

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Dime Dropper

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
So, a local sandcrab is mad that you ate his girlfriend for dinner last week, and he and his friends have made off with nearly your entire CD collection in revenge. You can see them playing frisbee with them over on the neighboring island on the other side of the shark infested water. But you are not completely bereft. You managed to scoop up 5, and only 5, artists' CDs before the crabs swarmed the rest. Who's 5 would you rather be stuck with?:

dukeswh
1) Metallica
2) Aerosmith
3) Ozzy Ozbourne
4) Jimi Hendrix
5) Billy Joel

vs.

Dime Dropper
1) Johnny Cash
2) Bob Dylan
3) Foo Fighters
4) Marvin Gaye
5) The Kinks

Note: This will be a quick 1 day poll so that we can get the second round up this weekend.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Dime for Johnny, Marvin and the Davies boys.

Though his #1 overall is conspicuously absent...

I voted for Dime, but it could not be any closer. The bottom 4 of each list somewhat cancelled out using my own logic based on personal likes and dislikes, so it came down to Johnny Cash vs. Metallica. It hurt to lose both of them during the first 2 rounds, but Metallica was replaceable for me. Cash was not. Advantage Cash

Since Coldplay have become mainstream, many don't appreciate them (their earlier stuff was much better). Only giving myself the best possible chance. :)
The point I started doubting them as a band came when they released album twice and just gave it a different name.

The point I started doubting them as a band came when they released album twice and just gave it a different name.
Haha I didn't know that, but it reminded me of Simple Plan's song Untitled...with it's alternate title, How Could This Happen To Me. That might be the lamest thing I ever heard

Haha I didn't know that, but it reminded me of Simple Plan's song Untitled...with it's alternate title, How Could This Happen To Me. That might be the lamest thing I ever heard
It's not what actually happened. It's rather that Parachutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head are basically the same album, imo.

It's not what actually happened. It's rather that Parachutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head are basically the same album, imo.
Have to respectfully disagree (then again I would). They have an authentic sound so if you only listen casually, some will sound similar. A Rush Of Blood To The Head is my favourite album of theirs. So many great songs on it.