MLB Thread - 2023

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Good things happening! Matos rocks. Shmitt’s plate approach is terrible though. Don’t know how sustainable his success is with as wild and free as he swings.

Good things happening! Matos rocks. Shmitt’s plate approach is terrible though. Don’t know how sustainable his success is with as wild and free as he swings.
Yeah, we're super injured right now, but once guys start to come back, we should probably send him back down to get more seasoning with hitting. Dude has 1 BB in 129 PA. 1. Not an outrageous K rate at 21.8%, but you just can't be a major league hitter with a sub 1% BB rate lol.

The good news is that the defense is as advertised. He can be a serious weapon with his versatility to play 3 positions. So even if he doesn't end up being a starter long-term, he'll be a perfect bench piece regardless.

I've been impressed with Winn's first few outings. Throws a real easy 97, stays in control, looks like a very repeatable motion. Maybe he's your bridge guy until Harrison gets here and keep rampings up his PC.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
That AB from Joc was unforgivable. I can only assume he was facing a lefty in such a situation because of rampant swapping around earlier in the game … smh

At this point, it might set the record for most expensive sports contract of all time.
What's truly is insane is that still might be undervalued. He's essentially 3 players tied into one.

Cy Young caliber pitcher
MVP caliber hitter
Allows your team to carry an extra roster spot because of his two-way status.

If I were an owner, I wouldn't blink about paying whatever it took to get him. He's the most marketable player in baseball right now in addition to being the most impactful towards wins.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
What's truly is insane is that still might be undervalued. He's essentially 3 players tied into one.

Cy Young caliber pitcher
MVP caliber hitter
Allows your team to carry an extra roster spot because of his two-way status.

If I were an owner, I wouldn't blink about paying whatever it took to get him. He's the most marketable player in baseball right now in addition to being the most impactful towards wins.
I’m going to be so pissed when the Giants are inevitably in the conversation but end up losing out to the Dodgers for him. :(