Looking ahead to the 2023 Draft

He was .378 from three this year. That seems workable to me. Always looked like a good enough shooter when I watched him. I'm not sure why he falls into your "just can't shoot" category.
Look at his FT%. Many poor FT shooters that have one year where their 3pt% pops in college wind up being AAAA players that can't shoot well enough to stay in the big show. Davion Mitchell had a very similar shooting progression himself at Baylor. He would more than likely be struggling to stay in the league if he didn't have an elite defensive skillset.

It's not a foregone conclusion that Colby can't shoot but it's a big enough red flag for me to take a harder look at other players that have the same shooting red flags with bigger upside potential if that's all that's available when it's time to pick.

Watching the Maxwell Lewis video above, he looks great. Then again, a lot of these videos when cut and spliced can make guys look great. Still, there are some things showing through. How is his defense?
He is a very good on ball defender, but tends to lose focus at times when his man doesn't have the ball. I am sure Brown would spend a lot of time working on his team defense.

measurements are in!

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro?SeasonYear=2023-24&dir=D&sort=HEIGHT_WO_SHOES

Kobe Bufkin 6'4 and a quarter barefoot! Thats an excellent measurement for him.

Will Kalkbrenner be listed at 7'2"? Will Edey be listed at 7'4?

Emoni Bates still 179lbs, thats not good. That is perhaps an explaination as why he's so low on mocks.

To me, 6'11.5" wingspan for GG Jackson is a good measurement.

Adem Bona, Taylor Hendricks, Emoni Bates, GG Jackson and Trayce Jackson Davis --- All the same height, 6'8.25" without sho

Did Leonard Miller grow 3/4's of an inch since the last combine? Seems like it, from 6'8.5 without shoes to 6'9.25 this year. Excellent measurements across the board for him. Its strange he's only 212 lbs he looks heavier.

For the Kings purposes I was hoping Sidy Cissoko was a bit taller than 6'5.5 barefoot tbh.

Jamie Jacquez and Jalen Wilson 8'3.5 standing reach is definitely shorter than you'd hope to see.

Djurisic 6'7" flat barefoot, I was thinking he was a bit taller tbh. Vukcevic with great measurements across the board he'll be listed at 7'.

Gradey Dick isnt a legit 6'8 afterall. Dillon Mitchell sure isnt 6'9 afterall. Azoulis Tubelis isnt 6'11 afterall. Adem Bona isnt 6'10.

Very good measurements for Jalen Hood-Schifino, 6'10 and some change on the wingspan is great teams will like that.

Not the best measurment for Kobe Brown at 6'6.5 barefoot was hoping for the Kings purposes he'd be a bit taller, though its far from some dealbreaker.

Very good measurements for Max Lewis far as im concerned, 7-foot wingspan and 207lbs especially is encouraging. He'll be listed at 6'7.

Solid measurements for Kris Murray for sure.

Good measurements for Drew Timme, he appears to have grown a little and gained an inch on his standing reach and 12lbs since last years combine.

Good measurements for Mouhamed Gueye, with a 7'3.5" wingspan and 9'2.5 standing reach 212lbs.

Good measurements for Rayan Rupert and Jordan Walsh, they are essentially the same size right now with the biggest discrepancy being Walsh has 11lbs on him.

Last edited:
Max Lewis at 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan. That'll bode well for him to potentially be a 3/4 flex at the NBA level

Pod just a shade under 6'4 with a 6'5.5 wingspan. Not that we were ever expecting to flex down to the 3, but those measurements pretty clearly lock him in to defend the 1/2 only. Weighed in at 203.8 though, so he's got some mass to him. Makes sense for how he mixes it up on the glass, not afraid of contact.

This Max Lewis guy looks like a stud

Granted he has one of the worst ball handling skills I've ever seen but beyond that it looks like he's going to be a stud.

Just saw him via a highlight video

Looks like he could be studly 2 years from now with improved ball handling

Also, I just watched this video to see some of Leonard Miller and I came out absolutely horrified at how Queta looked.

Just straight up terrible

Don't see how this guy gets any minutes at all, just looked really bad.

Also, I just watched this video to see some of Leonard Miller and I came out absolutely horrified at how Queta looked.

Just straight up terrible

Don't see how this guy gets any minutes at all, just looked really bad.
Huh?

Queta was one of the best players in the G-League this year. Making a judgement off a 2:48 cut up highlight clip to make the other guy look good isn't an indicator of anything.

Huh?

Queta was one of the best players in the G-League this year. Making a judgement off a 2:48 cut up highlight clip to make the other guy look good isn't an indicator of anything.
Um no.

I know what my eyes saw and wasn't even focusing on Queta.

But then I couldn't help but focus on him because he looked awful

If a dude doesn't really know how to play basketball I don't need an in depth video to understand that

I know the issues that can come with using a highlight video to make a judgment on a player but this was pretty obvious to me

But I respect your opinion, no issue with that

NBA height measurement have chanted overtime. There used to be an emphasis on height with shoes, giving most guys an extra 1.5-1.75" boost. However, as of the last couple years, the NBA as a collective decided to favor barefoot measurements instead. Most of the listed heights for players on ESPN and team websites are in barefoot. Switching back to the combine, I'm fine rounding their heights from 0.5-1.25" in shoes. I think that's a good middle line.

Good measurements:
  • Maxwell Lewis is a legitimate 6'7 in shoes with a 7'0 wingspan at 207lbs. Great measurements for him and he was able to put on more weight too. Projects well as a future wing/SF in the league.
  • Cason Wallace had solid measurements as a combo-guard. 6'3-6'4 195lbs with a 6'8.5 wingspan. He backs up his defensive potential.
  • Keyontae Johnson at just 6'4 w/o shoes is a big surprise, but he makes it up with his 7'0 wingspan and 238lb frame.
  • Black and the Thompson twins have good measurements. Legit 6'7 in shoes for those guys
  • Kris Murray is 6'8-6'9 with a near 7'0 wingspan. Great measurements for him, and I think it gives us an idea of Keegan's size.
  • Hendricks and GG Jackson are almost identical, also great to see them actually be at their predicted lengths
  • Leonard Miller... dark horse for top 15. His size is incredible. 6'10 w/shoes at 212.8lbs with a 7'2 wingspan. That old saying of "you cant teach size" applies here.

Disappointing measurements:
  • Sidy was listed at 6'8 by League Ignite... I knew it was too good to be true. 6'5.5" barefoot 223lbs and a 6'9.75" wingspan. Shorter than I was hoping for.. I also thought his wingspan was at 7'0. Kinda disappointed by this one.
  • Podziemski has a disappointing wingspan of only 6'5.5" at 6'4-6'5 in shoes.
  • Mind-blown that Jordan Hawkins and Kobe Bufkin are the same size. Bad for Hawkins, but good for Bufkin.
    • Hawkins as a top 10 pick might not be popular anymore. He's 6'5 SG at 186lbs with just a 6'6.75" wingspan. He was slated as a guy who could play wing, but he's really small.
  • Isaiah Wong is 6'3-6'4 at only 178.5lbs and a 6'6.75 wingspan. Would like to see him put on more weight.
  • How did Kansas get away with listing Jalen Wilson at 6'8? Never thought he was anything more than a 2nd round prospect. Just 6'5.5" barefoot at 230lbs with a 6'8 wingspan.
  • Whitmore has a small wingspan for such a freak athlete.

NBA height measurement have chanted overtime. There used to be an emphasis on height with shoes, giving most guys an extra 1.5-1.75" boost. However, as of the last couple years, the NBA as a collective decided to favor barefoot measurements instead. Most of the listed heights for players on ESPN and team websites are in barefoot. Switching back to the combine, I'm fine rounding their heights from 0.5-1.25" in shoes. I think that's a good middle line.

Good measurements:
  • Maxwell Lewis is a legitimate 6'7 in shoes with a 7'0 wingspan at 207lbs. Great measurements for him and he was able to put on more weight too. Projects well as a future wing/SF in the league.
  • Cason Wallace had solid measurements as a combo-guard. 6'3-6'4 195lbs with a 6'8.5 wingspan. He backs up his defensive potential.
  • Keyontae Johnson at just 6'4 w/o shoes is a big surprise, but he makes it up with his 7'0 wingspan and 238lb frame.
  • Black and the Thompson twins have good measurements. Legit 6'7 in shoes for those guys
  • Kris Murray is 6'8-6'9 with a near 7'0 wingspan. Great measurements for him, and I think it gives us an idea of Keegan's size.
  • Hendricks and GG Jackson are almost identical, also great to see them actually be at their predicted lengths
  • Leonard Miller... dark horse for top 15. His size is incredible. 6'10 w/shoes at 212.8lbs with a 7'2 wingspan. That old saying of "you cant teach size" applies here.

Disappointing measurements:
  • Sidy was listed at 6'8 by League Ignite... I knew it was too good to be true. 6'5.5" barefoot 223lbs and a 6'9.75" wingspan. Shorter than I was hoping for.. I also thought his wingspan was at 7'0. Kinda disappointed by this one.
  • Podziemski has a disappointing wingspan of only 6'5.5" at 6'4-6'5 in shoes.
  • Mind-blown that Jordan Hawkins and Kobe Bufkin are the same size. Bad for Hawkins, but good for Bufkin.
    • Hawkins as a top 10 pick might not be popular anymore. He's 6'5 SG at 186lbs with just a 6'6.75" wingspan. He was slated as a guy who could play wing, but he's really small.
  • Isaiah Wong is 6'3-6'4 at only 178.5lbs and a 6'6.75 wingspan. Would like to see him put on more weight.
  • How did Kansas get away with listing Jalen Wilson at 6'8? Never thought he was anything more than a 2nd round prospect. Just 6'5.5" barefoot at 230lbs with a 6'8 wingspan.
  • Whitmore has a small wingspan for such a freak athlete.
Yeah that Cason Wallace wingspan screaaaammms upside. He already backs up his defensive prowess on tape and now has a legit frame to be a difference maker at the NBA level. He'll be able to switch onto wings without getting fully picked on.

Huh?

Yeah. In that same game versus Miller Queta had 24 points, 3 blocks, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 4 rebounds (to be fair, Chima had 16). What about the second game where Queta had 18 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block in 24 min. What about the third game where Queta had 12 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 3 blocks again in 24 min.

People see what they want to see. Dude was runner up for the G League MVP for a reason.

Yeah. In that same game versus Miller Queta had 24 points, 3 blocks, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 4 rebounds (to be fair, Chima had 16). What about the second game where Queta had 18 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block in 24 min. What about the third game where Queta had 12 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 3 blocks again in 24 min.

People see what they want to see. Dude was runner up for the G League MVP for a reason.
I have no personal vendetta against Queta wtf, I'm a Kings fan and want to see the Kings succeed otherwise why would I be here

I said what I saw and if you disagree or don't like that, that's fine this is a forum and people are allowed to disagree but to say that people see what they want to see suggests that I'm wanting to see something which is a pretty stupid thing to say considering I'm a Kings fan and want the team to do well

Queta's biggest problem was not always playing aggressively. When he was a proactive rebounder, he dominated the boards. There were too many times when he was a passive rebounder. However, he had far fewer games where he was passive this season.

Are all the guys getting measurements already declared for the draft (can't pull out)? Lol Vukcevic was literally let go for measurements while Partizan has a finals series the coach legit hated him with a passion.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Are all the guys getting measurements already declared for the draft (can't pull out)? Lol Vukcevic was literally let go for measurements while Partizan has a finals series the coach legit hated him with a passion.
Yeah, Vukcevic going to all of the NBA Draft prep events while his team is in the middle of the playoffs is certainly a look.

At the same time, some GM could fall in love with the idea of a legit seven footer with a plus wingspan and a shooting stroke like this and draft him wayyyyyy above slot so I'm not sure he didn't make the right decision.

Yeah, Vukcevic going to all of the NBA Draft prep events while his team is in the middle of the playoffs is certainly a look.

At the same time, some GM could fall in love with the idea of a legit seven footer with a plus wingspan and a shooting stroke like this and draft him wayyyyyy above slot so I'm not sure he didn't make the right decision.
He 100% made the right choice he will at worst shine in the G-League and gets reps the coach he's playing for is arguably the GOAT in Euro basketball but the man is a borderline psychopath. when it comes to winning and will not tolerate anyone not ready to play. at any moment Vukcevic is like a Kings Bjelly crossed with a Kings Skal.

HOLY CRAP, Croation Porzingis (Zvonimir Ivisic) after barely getting playing time during the regular season just blitzed #1 Seed Partizan in game 1 (best of 3) with 22points (6/7 ad 3/6 from 3) 14boards in the most shocking upset in ABA history. He had the clutch game winning dunk and free throw. Potential wise he's nuts he's way better than any of the recent Croation Prospects (Saric was insanely hyped as was Hezonja, Roko to). He's got zero hype but the talent is all there
Hes #14 you can't miss him.
7'2 shot blocker and 3pt shooter and decent athlete.

HOLY CRAP, Croation Porzingis (Zvonimir Ivisic) after barely getting playing time during the regular season just blitzed #1 Seed Partizan in game 1 (best of 3) with 22points (6/7 ad 3/6 from 3) 14boards in the most shocking upset in ABA history. He had the clutch game winning dunk and free throw. Potential wise he's nuts he's way better than any of the recent Croation Prospects (Saric was insanely hyped as was Hezonja, Roko to). He's got zero hype but the talent is all there
Hes #14 you can't miss him.
7'2 shot blocker and 3pt shooter and decent athlete.
Will be interesting to see what kind of interest he can generate. I'd think his frame and not looking too ready are whats gonna hold back his chances of being selected.

If Ryan Kalkbrenner is only projected in the 50's and Colin Castleton is 80 on ESPN's best available list, that paints a picture that its gonna be rough for this player to get drafted. Nice to see he had an explosion in the playoffs though.

Leonard Miller deciding to scrimmage again this year after his showing in the scrimmage at the last combine pretty much tanked his draft stock so bad that it made him decide to go to the G-League for a season is a bold gamble, especially as the highest ranked prospect of these participants.
Leonard Miller is vastly improved from last year so I dont think its all that bold tbh.

Olivier Maxence-Prosper is absolutely one of the big winners from the combine btw..

6'6.75" without shoes. Over a 40" vertical. over 7'1" wingspan. 3rd fastest shuttle time. 4th fastest lane agility.

Lets take this player at 57! He's built for NBA basketball. Turns 21 in July.

Last edited:
IDK, sometimes I see hottakes from the combine measurements and cringe hard. Cuz Emoni Bates hits a bunch of 3's in workouts and measures a 6'9" wingspan at 6'9", thats considered a good combine for him? and what about him weighing in at 179lbs?

Seems more a matter of the combine they had at Memphis set the bar very low for him to me.

Last edited:
I kinda feel like Taylor Hendricks chances of going top5 have increased, not that its much of a concern to me, I'm focused on the selections near the kings.

I suspected Jarace Walker wasnt 6'8 all along. He's just one of those guys, he's an early bloomer not one of these dudes still growing vociferously. He was 6'4" many, many years ago, and has grown about 2" since --- makes sense.. the people shocked by his height are all very woefully late to the party. 248lbs, he's been carved from granite!

Not really great measurements from Cam Whitmore either and GG Jackson measured well, strange times.

All I know is when were talking these combo forward types ---- I'll take Oliver Maxence-Prosper at 54.

Last edited: