[Game] Kings @ Warriors - 2/15/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Warriors do this to a ton of teams. I always see them close at halftime and then going into the 3rd quarter they're up by 20. It just happened in a 5 minute span instead of over the course of a quarter.

Having Ty Lawson would have helped a lot because Collison would have been pulled after a couple of the turnovers. We still would have been beaten but Lawson could have helped stop the bleeding there.

Any word on Malachi?

I would say their shooting ability during those hot streaks is from a different universe. They are so good in fact that they have literally turned shots that would normally be considered "bad basketball", which would normally get players benched, into completely acceptable and even promoted shot attempts, which is why I think their play style is bad for basketball in general. I'm not going to look down on any individual player for not being able to shut down Klay or Curry because there is almost no one who can.

My point is that I personally don't think of them as players with shooting ability from another universe. Those incredible made pull-up deep 3's that I think you're talking about are really only a few shots out of a whole game. (And Curry was 2-for-8 from beyond the arc. But Klay was 7-12) I think it was awesome when the Kings defeated them last game...I think it is encouraging that this game we were up 50-47 at halftime. And I look forward to when the Kings can defeat them next time. I didn't blame anyone either, but looking at the positives and what the Kings did well to outplay them overall 6 quarters out of the last 8, and winning 1 game of the last 2.

Last edited:
Oops. You did it again.

When we are healthy, the Dubs are head and shoulders better than us. We're banged up AND the Dubs were mad coming out of halftime.
Um no I didn't actually. I'm guessing you still didn't read carefully like I suggested. I said single handedly. If you enjoy taking other people's comments out of context fine, just don't continue to belabor the point. Do you have any other actual contributions to the conversation or just want to point out details of other posts? I'd rather keep it about the Kings.

This game felt a lot like Warrios vs Grizzlies in 2014/15. A lesser version of this Grizzlies, but from the same mold. We worked hard, we slowed it down, we clinged to their heels and didn't let go in the first half. I was proud of our guys at halftime.
But then the Warriors got exactly what they wanted. Our offensive efficiency plummented and we commited too many live ball turnovers. IT became one of those Warriors runs and we didn't have enough firepower to recover.
Calling one or two players out for it, isn't very helpful. The team as a whole couldn't run the offense. The screens weren't on point, multiple catchable passes were fumbled, the Warriors blitzing our guards led to out of control plays, even good looks weren't falling. And in a transition situation there is not one basketball team on this beautiful planet, that can slow down the Warriors.
Missing Lawson and Temple really hurt us. Both guys usually handle pressure decently and Lawsons ability to break down Curry 1vs1 at will and to find teammates would have helped tremendously. Our bench was completely helpless with Barnes running the "point", struggling to get anything goind offensively. The Warriors made Cousins a passer and we shot under 30% from 3.
Games like this just happen versus the best team in the NBA. The first half still looked very encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.