[Game] Kings @ Warriors, 11/1/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so completely over Draymond swinging away at Domas and no foul being called..
It’s ridiculous what Draymond gets away with, especially against Domas and the KINGS lately.

We get it … Draymond at one time was an A+ defender and is still pretty darn good at times. But his reputation allows him far too much leeway.

Sad thing is, other teams get away with murder against Domas too. It’s like having Shaq on our team except w/o the physical dominance he brought to the table. Domas surely isn’t Shaq in his prime, but he does get hammered like Shaq used to every single game with a lot of the contact going uncalled.

Brown need to trust Colby Jones and Duarte more on the defensive end rather than Mitchell. The problem with Mitchell is he is short and taller guy can just shoot over him like Klay did with the game winner.
or put in our only true 3 which is Kessler. I was surprised he wasn’t in the game.

Davion as good as he is can’t guard 6’ 6” guys who can shoot because they just shoot over him. We can blame Brown but Monte has had 3 years to get that guy and hasn’t. Roster construction is part of the teams problem.

or put in our only true 3 which is Kessler. I was surprised he wasn’t in the game.

Davion as good as he is can’t guard 6’ 6” guys who can shoot because they just shoot over him. We can blame Brown but Monte has had 3 years to get that guy and hasn’t. Roster construction is part of the teams problem.
I do wonder if Kess could have helped us on that last defensive possession... alas... we'll get em next time.

He definitely could have,...but the odds of them inserting a player into that situation who has not played at all, is probably next to none.
I thought he put Kessler in against LA? I can't remember if it was the last play of the game or last play of the half.

Either way I thought the defense was pretty solid on that last play. Klay just hit a tough shot. Just glad it wasn't Curry again.

I thought he put Kessler in against LA? I can't remember if it was the last play of the game or last play of the half.

Either way I thought the defense was pretty solid on that last play. Klay just hit a tough shot. Just glad it wasn't Curry again.
Some things could have happened a little better on the last play, but I certainly can't complain about the defensive effort last night. Night and day better than last year.

Yeah, not sure what else any other defender could have done. Klay hit a step back mid range contested jumper. In terms of shot quality, that's about as poor as you could hope for from gsw perspective

It’s ridiculous what Draymond gets away with, especially against Domas and the KINGS lately.

We get it … Draymond at one time was an A+ defender and is still pretty darn good at times. But his reputation allows him far too much leeway.

Sad thing is, other teams get away with murder against Domas too. It’s like having Shaq on our team except w/o the physical dominance he brought to the table. Domas surely isn’t Shaq in his prime, but he does get hammered like Shaq used to every single game with a lot of the contact going uncalled.
He needs to follow Fox and sign a deal with a big NBA partner so they start giving him the money treatment

Sabonis missing 50% of his free-throw didn't help. A couple of them are crucial. However, Barnes and Huerter made their free-throw when it matter. However, Barnes missing 3s didn't help. It seems like Barnes could never overcome big shot in crunch time. He's probably still haunted by the game winner from last year's Playoffs.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
They're not going to get passed the Warriors with any help from the officials. It's just not going to happen. Have to take care of your own business, like hitting the free throw chances that you have and not allowing a short defender to end up on Thompson for a game winner
The Mitchell on Klay matchup didn't go unnoticed. Free throws are a non-factor for me. There's nothing much you can do about it. Try more? Nope. If anything it will worsen free throws. Practice more? They do practice and it's questionable whether any more practice would do any good. It is what it is.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

That guy that can guard 6'6" guys may already be on the bench and not being utilized. I can't help it if I have a little Thursday morning quarterbacking on this one.

Sabonis missing 50% of his free-throw didn't help. A couple of them are crucial. However, Barnes and Huerter made their free-throw when it matter.
What an odd odd argument for you to make. Did Domas miss some free throws? Yes. And do we generally need to do better at free throws as a team? Yes. But were his misses clutch free throws that turned the game around? No. In fact, the last two free throws Domas missed were at the 9 minute mark, with us trailing by two points. We got a stop (Domas the board) and then Monk hit two free throws to tie it up. So really no harm no foul.

To claim otherwise is to basically make the foolish Grant Napear argument that every missed free throw should just be added to our final score as though the game would have unfolded the exact same way if he had made them. It doesn't work that way. The game would have unfolded differently because the different score would have led to different in game decisions and realities. Missed free throws early in the game only really hurt if they are compounded in a way that changes momentum. That didn't happen here since we got the stop and got the points back the next possession.

Missed free throws late in games, on the other hand, are critical, and can have a profound impact on the final score since there is so little time to recover from them. You are correct to positively note that Barnes and Huerter hit huge free throws. Huerter hit two free throws at the 3:11 mark to bring us to down 1. Barnes hit 2 at the 2:53 mark to give us a 1 point lead. Just massive free throws. But that bum Domas, whose free throws were apparently our undoing, gets no credit for hitting two at the 1:12 mark to give us a 3 point lead. Massive free throws as well.

Finally, since the NBA likes to use the 5:00 minute mark to define clutch time, Domas was 3-3 FG, 2-2 FT, (8 points and 1 assist) in the last 5 minutes. Perfect shooting and directly responsible for 10 of our 16 points. He also made the pass that set up the two Huerter free throws, and had a hockey assist on the Monk layup that was assisted by Keegan.

Only if we also go further in the post season than them. Otheriwse it will just be like, "oh cute Sac won the inseason tournament, how many championships do you guys have?"

Yeah, not sure what else any other defender could have done. Klay hit a step back mid range contested jumper. In terms of shot quality, that's about as poor as you could hope for from gsw perspective
Someone with a much higher reach could make the attempt more challenging. Pretty basic stuff

Yeah, I didn't view it as a tough shot. He went into rhythm from 17-18 feet over Mitchell, who has no chance of reaching his release point. That's a high percentage shot for one of the best shooters in history

Sabonis missing 50% of his free-throw didn't help. A couple of them are crucial. However, Barnes and Huerter made their free-throw when it matter. However, Barnes missing 3s didn't help. It seems like Barnes could never overcome big shot in crunch time. He's probably still haunted by the game winner from last year's Playoffs.
Barnes was 4-7 from 3 last night and scored 14 pts on 8 shots. What are you talking about????

I swear, people don't watch the games or look at the box score

Status
Not open for further replies.