[Game] Kings vs Suns 7:30PM PDT/10:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game discussion! What does winning or losing this game mean for their playoff status?
As of Friday afternoon, the Kings, Warriors, and Lakers are tied with the exact same record, 45-35. A win tonight and Sunday would assure them of the eighth spot. Then they would only have to win one of two play-in games to advance to the playoffs. But, if they win the first game, they would then be seventh seed and probably face Minnesota or Oklahoma City, a much better option than playing the defending champions in the first round.

All hands on deck! That means you, Mitchell, Lyles, Vezenkov, and Len! Play your hearts out. Take care of the damn ball and do not leave Devin Booker open.

Game discussion! What does winning or losing this game mean for their playoff status?
To simply put it...

Winning means we most likely will remain in 8th, and still have a shot at making it out of the play-in.
Losing means we have a chance of dropping all the way down to 10th, and still have a shot (as little of a shot as it may be) at making it out of the play-in.

To summarize, regardless of outcome, we still have a shot at making it out of the play-in...:p:p:p

One of the Suns fan sites has words that could easily apply to Sacramento:

"No matter the outcome, there should be zero surprises and no gripes. 80 games into the year the Valley/Sacramento has shown who they are: a good team that has improved as the season goes on, but not a great team and one that cannot be trusted when it needs to be clutch."

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...suns-outcome-tonight-against-sacramento-kings

If we win (likely 8th seed), we have a chance to make the playoffs.

If we lose (likely #9 or 10 seed), we are pretty much cooked, because ain't no way NBA refs would allow the Kings to beat the Lakers and the Warriors to make the playoffs.
You're right, the NBA refs would not.
But we could (simply by playing well).
And we will...:p:p:p:p
LET'S EFFING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
#LightTheBeam
#LightTheBean

1-4 in last 5??? Sad thing is that Mike Brown never had a chance to read Russian poetry. One godlike dude once wrote: "One born to crawl will never fly". Though nature has many examples how a bug turns into a Dragon Butterfly, able to fly across the oceans or Cicadas, asleep for 13 or 17 years can turn a sunny day into complete darkness just by their numbers, only to disappear for another cycle of life.
Mike Brown knows how to teach best talent to play best bbal. How to make an upgrade for a great talent. Butt...... one thing he never mastered so far - how to play a winning game.

1-4 in last 5??? Sad thing is that Mike Brown never had a chance to read Russian poetry. One godlike dude once wrote: "One born to crawl will never fly". Though nature has many examples how a bug turns into a Dragon Butterfly, able to fly across the oceans or Cicadas, asleep for 13 or 17 years can turn a sunny day into complete darkness just by their numbers, only to disappear for another cycle of life.
Mike Brown knows how to teach best talent to play best bbal. How to make an upgrade for a great talent. Butt...... one thing he never mastered so far - how to play a winning game.
We'll see, but this certainly looks like the ball being in Monte's court here. The Kings have literally changed identities based on available talent, kudos to Brown for that. The Kings have gone from worst on defense to best in a stretch and those changes were due to injury. Huerter and Monk go out, Keon and Davion step in. Is it any surprise they improved defensively? haha. To me, this is all about not handling business in the past 3 months. This schedule at the end was every bit as brutal as everyone thought it would be months ago. Throw on Monk being out and it hurts bad. No coach is making up a talent disparity, and right now, the Kings have one with or without the injuries. However, they do have enough talent to shock a team with depth. Doesn't usually win rings though unfortunately.

We’ve matched up really well with Phoenix. 2-2, with one loss being a historical chokejob if a 20+ point lead in the fourth, and the others being a close road game we controlled and led a lot of the way. Sabonis and Fox both play well against Phoenix. Please win this one, we’re due for a big win for once.
Positivity?! Thought you would have chalked this up as a loss already

We'll see, but this certainly looks like the ball being in Monte's court here. The Kings have literally changed identities based on available talent, kudos to Brown for that. The Kings have gone from worst on defense to best in a stretch and those changes were due to injury. Huerter and Monk go out, Keon and Davion step in. Is it any surprise they improved defensively? haha. To me, this is all about not handling business in the past 3 months. This schedule at the end was every bit as brutal as everyone thought it would be months ago. Throw on Monk being out and it hurts bad. No coach is making up a talent disparity, and right now, the Kings have one with or without the injuries. However, they do have enough talent to shock a team with depth. Doesn't usually win rings though unfortunately.
I wandered, why some extremely talented players (like Ray Allen) declined offers to sign with the Cavs during LBJ and Brown's era. We get a just a small glimpse and a small insight into NBA's inside workings. Yet, even LBJ and Brown had a red carpet rolled for them to the NBA Championship, they never made it.
Years ago I followed world sports with the unhealthy obsession. I still remember Cavs drafting LBJ as the Crown Prince. Now it's an ancient history.
Last season I was impressed very much (it's not easy to impress me) with Kings transformation. Huerter was balling really well and the rest. Fox and Domas were All-Stars. This season - I'm disappointed with everyone and everything. Even Domas sometimes looks out of place. HB at PF - disappearance act. Vezenkov still not integrated and some other very questionable choices.
Domas is reaching his prime, Fox already there. Extremely dangerous and explosive combo. Keegan B- so far. Monk, B+. Head coach - verdict yet to be made, but jury is leaning to..............................
Sorry, I almost forgot. Age, what can I say ;) I LOVE Keon Ellis.

Fans have been pointing to this game now since January. Now it's finally here. I am not particularly nervous after going 4-6 over the past ten games. Not like last night, at least.

Just get it done. Defend like it’s your last and put pressure on the rim. Don’t let them shoot well from 3. I don’t want to lose to old man Gordon or Ted Cruz. If we are going to lose this game it better be because Durant is an all time great.
We’re gonna need the same aggression from Sabonis and Fox when we last played them in Arizona. If they do nothing else tonight, please for the love of God don’t give Grayson Allen and their other role players that open 3 in the corner or anywhere else. My heart can’t take it tonight

2 games in 3 nights and the kings are on a back to back. Fully expecting a loss. On the bright side if the suns win it will keep the Pelicans on their tip toes, so the Pelicans won't be resting their guys vs the warriors and lakers. Might bold well for at least keeping the 8th seed.

I wandered, why some extremely talented players (like Ray Allen) declined offers to sign with the Cavs during LBJ and Brown's era. We get a just a small glimpse and a small insight into NBA's inside workings. Yet, even LBJ and Brown had a red carpet rolled for them to the NBA Championship, they never made it.
Not every good player is willing to go to a team that is ran by another player (James). Leonard wanted to no part of it, neither did Ray Allen and others

Status
Not open for further replies.