[Game] Kings vs. Suns, 12/27/20 6PM PST, 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sloppy and impatient in the second quarter. Need balance and more Whiteside. Difference between this and last night is that Booker and Paul had strong first halves in game 1...they were pretty quiet in this first half so that can be trouble, but the Kings bench was outplayed by theirs tonight,

Suns are shooting better tonight - better offense. Kings are gonna have to step their shooting up some.
Yeah, we won last game largely with defense. We weren't shooting that well and it seems like we are better tonight. But you're right, we need to keep a good stroke to beat them this game.

I'm starting to get the substitution thing I think. And I'll preface this, yes, the defensive energy is nice to see but the issue is that it's way too much energy and effort instead of execution. I think he's running guys short stints so they can maximize energy. Sorry, that's not at all grasping the modern game. The players when expected to play the kind of stints you NEED your main talent to are getting too tired on offense. This is an offensive game right now and a talent based game plain and simple.

I'm starting to get the substitution thing I think. And I'll preface this, yes, the defensive energy is nice to see but the issue is that it's way too much energy and effort instead of execution. I think he's running guys short stints so they can maximize energy. Sorry, that's not at all grasping the modern game. The players when expected to play the kind of stints you NEED your main talent to are getting too tired on offense. This is an offensive game right now and a talent based game plain and simple.
There might be some merit to this. Since our motto defensively is to be disruptive. You need to spend A LOT of energy to maintain the level of disruption.

There might be some merit to this. Since our motto defensively is to be disruptive. You need to spend A LOT of energy to maintain the level of disruption.
Yeah, which again, is great to see but is it sustainable? And if it means you split minutes between role players like Glen Robinson 3 and Cory Joseph with your stars will it even matter once you start trying to compete with the upper echelon teams? All in all, it's a positive so far. They are talking, they are hustling, and even big with Holmes and Bagley together they are taking advantage of easily the most athletic front court the Kings have had in forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.