[Game] Kings vs San Antonio Spurs, 3/7/2024, 7:00p PT/10:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's time for the Kings to relax, kick back, and jack, jack, jack away. After all, they deserve it. They won against the freaking Lakers and tonight is a back-to-back. Take 'er easy. They need the rest. Vivek should get them all recliners for their bench seating. No need to stress about defense and all that effort stuff. Wemby isn't playing so it's basically a JV high school team they'll be facing. Piece of cake.

Three games in four nights is never easy. Kings coming out of a 3-fer-4 2 of 3 ain’t bad.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Ok. So I just did something I don’t often do anymore and that’s watch “Inside the NBA”. This might be the 3rd or 4th time I’ve watched a short portion of it this season.

I already knew it was BAD (which is why I mostly avoid it) but it’s still hard for me to believe just how BAD it really is. I mean, these guys get paid megabucks to know absolutely nothing about what’s actually going on in the league. It’s clear as day that Shaq, Kenny and Chuck don’t bother doing any research whatsoever and often don’t even know the names of many players nor which teams they play for.

Tonight, Barkley was railing on the KINGS for having the worst defense in the league and that’s why he’d take Dallas over them in a potential play-in matchup.

Does TNT have any interns capable of fact-checking these guys and furnishing them with accurate data? Because not only are the KINGS not the worst defense in the league, many sources I’ve seen have them around the middle of the pack or worse case in the low 20’s. And even more hilarious than that — the Mavericks defense is rated worse!

What bothers me about Barkley, Shaq, and Kenny is that when they push these false or misleading narratives — there are lots of casual fans watching and listening. Is it that damned hard to pay just a little bit of attention or at least have an intern fact check your dumb @$$?

We get it. The KINGS are not a postseason front runner nor considered a legit threat to advanced very far. But citing defense as the reason they won’t beat a statistically worse defensive team is just dreadful analysis. It’s unbecoming of what shows like that are supposed to be about.

These clowns should be imprisoned for stealing their paychecks. And if basketball analysis isn’t what they are there for — then stop having them talk about the games and the players! Have them narrate and comment on tiktok videos or something similarly unfunny.
having Jamal Crawford and Candace Parker on there from time to time is a good alternative. Most of us know what we get from the big three, its for entertainment a bit of a shouting match between Charles and Shaq and its funny to watch. Charles is big time now, he even managed to get a CNN show so these media networks are milking that cash cow.

AWESOME finish.

AND, having now scanned these pages, I think it's almost as awesome that no one mentioned the 4 or 5 steps Domas took at the end of his game-winning steal and dunk. If a play like that had gone the other way, I'm pretty sure it would have been, um, noted.

Oh, well - GO, KINGS!

AWESOME finish.

AND, having now scanned these pages, I think it's almost as awesome that no one mentioned the 4 or 5 steps Domas took at the end of his game-winning steal and dunk. If a play like that had gone the other way, I'm pretty sure it would have been, um, noted.

Oh, well - GO, KINGS!
I could be wrong but I don’t think that was a travel because his dribble was still live. You have 2 steps after you pick your dribble up.

AWESOME finish.

Oh, well - GO, KINGS!
It wasn't a travel.....

Looking back at this, and man ... this was Arco Arena coded. I think the Spurs were genuinely shaken and panicked after Malik hit that three and the noise level of that crowd.
wild. Grew up going to all sorts of games at arco 1 and 2…loudest by far I’ve ever heard it was 1994 against Seattle. They were down about 13 most of the game then Closed on like 33-1 run and walt Williams capped it with a 360. Put them at 9-7 which was like 82-0 to us back then. Thought I was going to pass out that game due to the sheer delirium at arco that night

wild. Grew up going to all sorts of games at arco 1 and 2…loudest by far I’ve ever heard it was 1994 against Seattle. They were down about 13 most of the game then Closed on like 33-1 run and walt Williams capped it with a 360. Put them at 9-7 which was like 82-0 to us back then. Thought I was going to pass out that game due to the sheer delirium at arco that night
I really wish i could have experienced playoff games from that era. WOW

Most people who watch them don't really care about the facts. They listen because they are entertained by them always clowning around. Charles is a huge draw. Even when he says things that aren't true, he's extremely compelling and entertaining.
I get what you’re saying here. But as I said at the end of my last post, stop talking about basketball and clown around about other topics then. They just need to give up the ruse and admit they aren’t in it for real basketball analysis. It’s just the “Inside the NBA” comedy hour (or half hour) after the game.

The problem with feigning interest and knowledge about the game is that they are misleading casual viewers that don’t know any better. And that is partly why all-star voting and other narratives go the way they go. Newbies and casual fans believe these HOF’ers (and Kenny) know what they’re talking about.

was a blast. Remember my mom taking us to tower the following season for newly released SRO tix when they made the playoffs against SEA ….stood up against the wall next to the skyline lounge for game 3 lol. WCF was pretty wild as well.

Sabonis on boos - I don't agree with it, I don't understand it, we're here fighting for our city

Honestly anyone complaining about Kings not lighting it up for the home crowd can start and end there. This is an electric team and the people who go to games to constantly boo don't deserve it (especially on a night like tonight)
Looked like those boo's might have woke your team up Domas.

My theory this season has been that the play-in has made Kings fans crazy. Not too long ago, we wanted just 41 wins; just an 8th seed. Suddenly we want to be a 6th seed and have about 50 wins. So fans overreact to every bad loss and every player who has a slump. Personally, I'm enjoying the season. I don't have a desire to boo any of our guys. I think we can be a particularly dangerous underdog in the Playoffs and I can wait while the team develops and gets its pieces together. So long as it's before Wembanyama takes over the league.

I'm not judging. I'm just not tripping.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
In case it makes anyone feel any better the (Steph-less) Warriors are getting absolutely boatraced by the Wemby-less Spurs and Vassell is out tonight too

It's wild to me how national talking heads will be dismissed as terrible just for saying the same things that half the people on this message board say every day.
Wild in what way? All of those people are wrong.

Over the past 6 games (including tonight), the Spurs beat OKC and Indiana by double-digits and played both the KINGS and T-Wolves close (within double-digits) and are currently beating the Warriors (as I type this) by 17 entering Q4 (w/o Wemby and Vassell).

Not one of the uneducated "national talking heads" nor the half of the board here at KF can justify their position wrt the KINGS struggling to beat San Antonio on a back-to-back as a bad or terrible win. Not with the way the Spurs have been performing lately and the competition they've been doing it against. 4 of their past 6 have also been on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.