[Game] Kings Vs Miami Heat, 2/26/2024, 7:00p PT/10:00p ET (NBATV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We welcome those pesky Heat tonight. Hopefully, our boys are pumped and motivated after taking down them Clippers last night.

I expect some major beans to be lit inside of the G1C tonight...

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I would prefer we play their full strength squad but whatever, just win boys. Shut up the haters and let's make a move on the Clippers. I'm not convinced they can hold onto a 4 game lead for 4th.

Gotta take care of business. I think Miami is going to play very well so Kings can’t come out dragging ass.
I agree with this assessment, but can also see a scenario where we come out firing on all cylinders, blowing them out at the end of the day.

And, because we're the Kings, I can also see them coming out firing on all cylinders, blowing us out at the end of the day.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Does anyone here live in Miami? And if so, would you be willing to go to the game (I bet people are unloading tickets cheap given the injury report) and hurl some obscenities at Fox for the first 5-10 minutes of the game so we can get "pissed off De'Aaron Fox" for the whole game?

EDIT: Oh wait, the game is in Sacramento. Okay so does anyone here own a D. Wade jersey...?

Gotta take care of business. I think Miami is going to play very well so Kings can’t come out dragging ass.
Think if we've learned anything this season (not just the Kings but everyone), that there just simply aren't any easy wins. Even the "scrubs" in the league are ridiculously talented now and more than capable of putting up huge games.

If the Kings come out and play as they should, there should be no problems with winning this game. If they dog it like they have vs a few bottom feeders this season, it's going to stay competitive and we might just give back the great LAC win last night.

Think if we've learned anything this season (not just the Kings but everyone), that there just simply aren't any easy wins. Even the "scrubs" in the league are ridiculously talented now and more than capable of putting up huge games.

If the Kings come out and play as they should, there should be no problems with winning this game. If they dog it like they have vs a few bottom feeders this season, it's going to stay competitive and we might just give back the great LAC win last night.
Truth.

The Kings can't let this luck with teams coming in undermanned go to waste. Keep it going. Yeah, it would be nice to be beating teams at full strength to know where the bar is but take it and run!

Last edited:
IDK. Teams have no problems taking the W when we're not at full strength. It is what it is in the NBA - you can only play the team in front of you on any given night.
Injury is mostly luck anyway. We were incredibly fortunate last season during the regular season and our best 2 players ended up with broken fingers and Domas with black eye/bruised sternum in the playoffs.

But "lack" of injuries should also be an advantage for us. We're not heavily invested in super old players, so we should have guys out less than teams like the Suns/Lakers/Warriors/LAC etc. Those teams know the risk by having all their eggs in 32+ year old guys.

The Kings were able to take advantage of Paul George's absence last night. There is no reason they cannot take advantage of a team fielding only eleven players. Just make sure Caleb Martin does not go off for 41 or something.

C'mon, you guys.

Yes, the Kings have lost some games to shorthanded teams. 26 games left to play. Playing at home. Healthy. And in a precarious position - currently #5, but as close to the #4 Clips as they are to the #10 Warriors (4 games).

They absolutely cannot afford to muck around tonight, even on the second of a B2B. And I don't expect them to.

Remember guys.. we loss to the pistons, blazers, and hornets this season, not only that but they were missing signicant pieces in their rotation too. The Kings are also on a back to back and you can count on the the heat to play hard. This could potentially be a trap game.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Late seeing this, but:

This might be a joke I'm missing... But it was most definitely Beth Mowins and not Pasch

And Bob Meyers was awful. He should go back to being a GM and drafting busts
No joke. I was speaking from ignorance: I was actually listening to G-Man.

I was basing my statement on Pasch/Meyers having been their typical D-Team assignment this season. I definitely was not trying to disrespect Beth Mowins. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.