Kings vs Jazz Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent an hour on this and Timed out. I could not be more frustrated:mad:

The good news comes in bundles around here:
1. Cal Expo approved an arena plan :D:D
2. King's blow out a mighty opponent with such basketball beasts as Baron Davis, Zach Randolph and Marcus Camby. What the heck is wrong with the Clippers?:confused:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The Kings have wrested a mighty semi-streak of their own, they have just won their 3rd of the last 20 games. Sucktastic.

The Jazz, on the other hand, have won 9 of their last 10 games, 6 in a row leading into this one tonight. They have the Association's third best home record and are playing inspired.

Larry Miller (the Jazz owner) died recently and was considered a classy and upstanding citizen. As well he made a franichise very successful in a risky small market. By all accounts, a model NBA owner.

Take from all of that what you will. Just take advantage of the fact that you are going to be watching damn good basketball if you are watching a Jazz game.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Award Time (hope I get this right)

Mikki - Kenny Thomas (he will play 10 minutes and not log a statistical anything)
JHA - Carlos Boozer (for being a good sport and showing up tonight)
TDM - Okur (he will melt our faces with his shooting prowess)
Lw-Vc - Calvin Booth (66 million dollars an hour, don't you wish?)
Ra&1 - The only flashy player on the floor is really Williams and he doesn't suck, so... nobody.
SAR - Probably will be our young Jackson tonight, he will be sore.
AND MY OWN PERSONAL ADDITION
Cassell/ Greene - Greene, when will this kid get any PT?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Predictions:
Kings 89 Jazz 103
Martin 28 pts
Okur 33 pts
Hawes 11 Rbds
Boozer 11 Rbds
Jackson 5 Asst
Williams 13 Asst ------------ Therein lies the benefit of having a real point guard

Lottery: better hold on the #1
PLAYOFFS?!?, Playoffs?!: not this season, not even desirable.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Doctor's advice:
Just tune in to watch Williams and the young guns play, don't get too upset by the results, whatever they may be.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I just spent an hour on this and Timed out. I could not be more frustrated:mad:
Am I the only person who saves long posts before trying to post them? Hell, I learned the "timeout" lesson the hard way eight years ago...

Larry Miller (the Jazz owner) died recently and was considered a classy and upstanding citizen.
I am generally disinclined to speak ill of the dead, but let's just say that not everybody remembers Larry H. Miller as "classy."

Well, I do not support his actions in that specific incidence and he did express regret over pulling the movie, however: people are allowed to believe what they want to believe. Doesn't make him unclassy on the whole. Not to me anyway.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Welcome to the world of "ACK! Why didn't I write that in NotePad?!?!?!?"

:p

As far as what's wrong with the Clippers, first and foremost is one name consistent no matter how many different players they assemble: Donald Sterling.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
For those not keeping track, we will be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs with a loss tonight. We have 13 wins and 22 games to play, which means a maximum of 35 wins. Five Western Conference teams already have 36 wins or more, and Utah, New Orleans, and Dallas are all at 35.

In order to make the playoffs, we need a few difficult scenarios to come through:
1. We must win out.
2. Either Utah, New Orleans, or Dallas must lose out. Since all three teams play each other, only one of them can actually accomplish this.
3. Phoenix can win no more than two games. They play Utah twice, Dallas twice, and New Orleans once, so #3 in combination with #2 is even harder.

If all of these scenarios play out, we will end in either a three-way (or possibly two-way) tie for 8th.

If we assume that every game is a coin flip, that Utah, New Orleans, and Dallas are equally likely to lose out, and take as negligible the chance that another team like Golden State will manage 36 wins, the odds here come out to 1 in about 38 quintillion!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
With all this presumption of loss, be very careful. They might just pull out a second win. This kind of thing, IMHO, is like challenging "worst" and nothing good ever comes of that...

Sacramento 99 Utah 109

Martin- 38 pts 6 Rebs 7 Ast
Thompson 15 pts 10 Rebs
Hawes 20 pts 9 Rebs
Garcia 15 Point 3-3 3pt land

Well hope everyone is happy we will definately lose this on YAY Lotter Balls ( note sarcasm):confused:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sacramento 99 Utah 109

Martin- 38 pts 6 Rebs 7 Ast
Thompson 15 pts 10 Rebs
Hawes 20 pts 9 Rebs
Garcia 15 Point 3-3 3pt land

Well hope everyone is happy we will definately lose this on YAY Lotter Balls ( note sarcasm):confused:
sorry but you just don't get it. We aren't happy our team is going to lose. We are, however, accepting the fact that we truly suck and will most likely lose. We are happy that, if we're going to lose, we are at least losing for the greater win... please note the absence of sarcasm.

Yes, tradition states that this thread starter must be a cynic. Piksi-ism if you will.

Also I believe made a faux pas. There is a prediction thread elsewhere on the board (general NBA I believe). My fault. Perhaps the mods would like all of those number flingers to state their predictions there?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There is a prediction game running in the Fantasy and Games forum, but it's pretty structured. If people want to toss in some random predictions here, I have no problem with it. But I'm not going to be coming back and tallying the results as I do in the ongoing prediction game.

:)

On a side note the wizards are starting to make a run maybe we caan win this game and keep you lottery people happy in the process

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
Pretty entertaining so far! Mccants is definitely not the assist kind of guy... a couple plays stood out to me where JT was wide open around the basket but wasn't passed the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.