[Game] Kings vs. Chicago Bulls, 3/4/2024, 7:00p PT/10:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is becoming increasingly annoying and worrying. Yes, such games will happen during the season; yes, sometimes our guys will have subpar games, and other guys will get hot. I get it. But, this is happening far too frequently to us this season.

We need some vocal leader who can hold the team accountable. Ideally, it should be one of Fox/Domas, but not sure if either has the personality. Per Brown's interview, both are more the silent type. Not sure who else can fill that role. Keegan is too young, and is again the silent type. Barnes and Kevin too inconsistent to demand accountability. Perhaps Monk. Else, we need to sign someone to fill that role.
I've thought this for a while. This team has absolutely no dog in it. Fox looks defeated and uninterested half the time and Sabonis is far less fiery this season than he was last season. There is no one on this team that can rally the troops.

the arena energy was crap tonight. Some of the games have been like that this year. A bit of a snooze fest out there ( at least it felt that way from my couch)
Probably because the Kings jacked up prices on everyone this year. There’s a reason why there’s always a bunch of tickets left for the games minutes before starting… they did this to themselves

The fundamental logic here that I don't understand is how playing a guy who you believe is actively making your team worse more minutes during the most important stretch of the season is going to help build trade value for that player beyond whatever value he currently has. In order to believe that showcasing him now, post trade-deadline, adds value you also have to believe that he's a good enough player that other GMs will see what he's doing for us and be motivated to give up assets to acquire him -- not two weeks from now or a month from now in a desperate bid to shore up a weak spot mid-season but 3 months from now while having all the time needed to pour over tape and stats and make the best decision possible. If all of that is true, how could he possibly be a net negative on the court? That defies common sense.
Because neither guy is playing that many crucial minutes anyway and are role players? For the same reason that Brown doesn't play Len all the time? I mean, Brown will take guys in and out of the rotation for no real reason compared to results sometimes. He did it last year too but in the playoffs things kind of went one way. Whether that's for showcasing or not who knows, and perhaps you can do both. Clearly by the teams ratings someone is taking out the better option here. So... we also don't know where they are considering acceptable in terms of end result. Obviously getting into the playoffs is the goal but they have a bit of a cushion because it would be very unlikely they fall out of at least the play in right now. This is barely even heading into the home stretch and with so many teams bunched up right now Brown can afford to play around a little.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I actually don't mind the idea of the Kings getting 7 or 8 if they can get in and meet one of the Wolves or Thunder in the first round. The Kings have matched up well with them so far. I'm not sure I like the Kings against the Clippers or the Suns. I think those two teams could turn it into a grindy series. Oh, the Pelicans are also looking like the biggest nightmare matchup out of them all.
I think this is the Kings best option if they have any chance of moving past the first round. Must avoid Pelicans and Clipps at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.