[Game] Kings v. Lakers - Saturday, Feb. 1 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know what else Harry Giles can do to earn more minutes. Efficient, Distributes, Rebounds, Great Teammate. SMH!!
If you looked at the defense in this one though he was getting exploited. This is the problems having a young, still physically underdeveloped big amidst a bunch of veteran role players trying to win. They are basically expecting him to do those same things and as a result he's consistently the most apparent out of place cog.

I agree he made errors defensively; however, he didn't getting exposed any more than other bigs on the team. With that being said, when the Kings run the offense through him in the high post the ball movement and player movement increases dramatically.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I agree he made errors defensively; however, he didn't getting exposed any more than other bigs on the team. With that being said, when the Kings run the offense through him in the high post the ball movement and player movement increases dramatically.
Seriously. His mistakes allowed two dunks. That’s 4 points. What about all the wide open threes everyone else on the roster allowed? It’s completely nonsensical. Baffling.

Any chance that Fox is a modern Larry Hughes?
I think he can be a John Wall type. A few All Star games. Possibly Next year. Playoffs? Not so sure with the Kings. A good player. But, Not a real difference maker. Fox's basketball DNA is very inconsistent. He looked great against the Clips and was a total dud tonite. 7 turnovers?! I see Shai-Gilgeous, Morant, and even Colin Sexton looks like he will surpass Fox by next season.

I think he can be a John Wall type. A few All Star games. Possibly Next year. Playoffs? Not so sure with the Kings. A good player. But, Not a real difference maker. Fox's basketball DNA is very inconsistent. He looked great against the Clips and was a total dud tonite. 7 turnovers?! I see Shai-Gilgeous, Morant, and even Colin Sexton looks like he will surpass Fox by next season.
SGA and Morant have passed him Sexton won’t and if he is half the play Wall was we should be happy

SGA and Morant have passed him Sexton won’t and if he is half the play Wall was we should be happy
Actually, Sexton is only in his second year. He's already putting up the same numbers as Fox is this year. Remember, Sexton is younger and been in the league one year less. Cleveland is hideously bad. Fox has no excuse for being a complete baller. Kings have a lot more talent than the Cavs.

Actually, Sexton is only in his second year. He's already putting up the same numbers as Fox is this year. Remember, Sexton is younger and been in the league one year less. Cleveland is hideously bad. Fox has no excuse for being a complete baller. Kings have a lot more talent than the Cavs.
The same numbers with 2.5 assists?

I think Giles has a unique and intriguing skill set that can prove valuable in the right system. Nonetheless, I tend to see Harry as more of a complimentary player - one who facilitates, rather than a guy who is an offensive focal point. I think H.G. can evolve into a solid rotational player, but I don’t expect he is destined to be an NBA standout.

If you looked at the defense in this one though he was getting exploited. This is the problems having a young, still physically underdeveloped big amidst a bunch of veteran role players trying to win. They are basically expecting him to do those same things and as a result he's consistently the most apparent out of place cog.
I think Giles has a unique and intriguing skill set that can prove valuable in the right system. Nonetheless, I tend to see Harry as more of a complimentary player - one who facilitates, rather than a guy who is an offensive focal point. I think H.G. can evolve into a solid rotational player, but I don’t expect he is destined to be an NBA standout.

This game alone should have Kings fans furious about how we've handled Giles. The fact he has the talent to go do what he just did and we lost all of our team control of him for literally no reason is mind-boggling.

So bittersweet watching him play well at all this season. It'll just make it that much tougher when he walks out the door. Be curious how Vlade and Co escape that one if he has a strong end to the year here.

This game alone should have Kings fans furious about how we've handled Giles. The fact he has the talent to go do what he just did and we lost all of our team control of him for literally no reason is mind-boggling.

So bittersweet watching him play well at all this season. It'll just make it that much tougher when he walks out the door. Be curious how Vlade and Co escape that one if he has a strong end to the year here.
He needs to play PF, he's to weak to play C and he's not despite trying to be a physical player (WCS is a far more physical player than him). I agree our handling of him has become idiotic we have forced him to play out of position due to Bagley/Bjelica which makes no sense right now that the season is basically over.

What better chance than with Bagley injured to try Giles at PF. At this point if the team does something that is intelligent and beneficial to the organization it's a miracle, every single time it's the complete opposite.

Barnes escapes negative press for the most part because of his personality and because he plays for the Kings. He is a quiet guy who causes no waves and does many great things off the court and in the community. If he were outspoken and playing the way he's played then there would be more attention on him at least locally. The Kings have been called "NBA Siberia" and "Basketball Hell" so I am not surprised Barnes is invisible nationally. Usually, the only time a Kings player is noticed nationally is if it is for something negative. As for Giles, it is sad watching how he has been misused. For his sake, I hope he finds a team that gives him a real opportunity to show what he can do.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Barnes escapes negative press for the most part because of his personality and because he plays for the Kings. He is a quiet guy who causes no waves and does many great things off the court and in the community. If he were outspoken and playing the way he's played then there would be more attention on him at least locally. The Kings have been called "NBA Siberia" and "Basketball Hell" so I am not surprised Barnes is invisible nationally. Usually, the only time a Kings player is noticed nationally is if it is for something negative. As for Giles, it is sad watching how he has been misused. For his sake, I hope he finds a team that gives him a real opportunity to show what he can do.
I don't think the small market stuff matters as much as it used to. You can watch anybody play whenever you want now. If the Kings had a watchable product then people would be watching them. The brief period of time where they were an elite team is why we have so many international fans in the first place. If they're irrelevant (and sadly, they are) its due to mismanagement. And as recently as last season this was an exciting team that other fans were starting to pay attention to. The attitude around the team right now is the problem. His are demoralized and going through the motions. That's a failure of leadership.

Pathetic, lame, embarrassing.... 80 points in the first half? Come on...
81 actually, so we can at least spin it and say that it was a tribute to Kobe's highest scoring game, or something.
Not a very inspiring defensive effort.

It was clear that the Lakers would come out focused and strong, I just had hoped that the Clippers win would have carried over for our guys
I liked what I saw from Mika.

Oh well, on to next game.

He needs to play PF, he's to weak to play C and he's not despite trying to be a physical player (WCS is a far more physical player than him). I agree our handling of him has become idiotic we have forced him to play out of position due to Bagley/Bjelica which makes no sense right now that the season is basically over.

What better chance than with Bagley injured to try Giles at PF. At this point if the team does something that is intelligent and beneficial to the organization it's a miracle, every single time it's the complete opposite.
Again, the issue here is we really dont know what Giles getting 15 MPG as the back-up C looks like. Like Bagley, outside of the stretch later in the year last year, he's never gotten the opportunity to be a consistent rotational player. Most of his games have been really fragmented.

I remember a time when I loathed the end of a season. Even when the team wasn’t all that good. Because it seems like forever til the new season begins again.

But I’m so done with this current season and can’t wait for it to end so I can foolishly hope for things to change for the better during the off-season. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Funny, didn't see you in the other game thread when fox dominated. Was looking for this same hard-hitting analysis.

Wonder why
do we not complain about how he looks like a star one game and has games like this the next, it’s unacceptable in his third year hold him to a higher standard if you think he’s our future star. We’d have been closer in the game in the first half if we started yogi over him that’s how bad he was

Status
Not open for further replies.