Kings trade Tyrese and Buddy for Sabonis and Holiday and Lamb

Well, at least I won't have to read any more "Waaaah! Waaaaaaaah! Monte's not going to make any moves!" posts this deadline season.
This is as textbook a "panic" move as there can be. A move for the sake of making a move.

I can't believe McNair stood pat all this time to then make this move last minute.

He'd have been much better off drastically overpaying for Ben Simmons if Tyrese was eventually going to be included in any future deal to be made.

Lol you didn’t really just compare Boban and Sabonis did you?
I’m pushing back against the “skilled” argument - its an empty word that doesn’t mean much when you’re talking bigs. Boban and Sabonis yes are both “skilled” and able to score - that’s the comparison. My point is just because a guy is skilled it doesn’t mean he’s an amazing basketball player. Of course Sabonis is more versatile than Boban ..,

But that’s not what people are saying. They’re saying “skilled” which is an empty term.

i love how you conveniently just ignored the whole point of my post by the way. Creating an effective frontcourt around Sabonis is very difficult considering he’s not a good defender or paint protector.

No they didn’t. I keep on hearing people say Sabonis is an “all star” and “skilled”, in actuality yes he’s skilled but so is Boban. I’m basketball terms a shooting guard with plsymdking abilities (Haliburton) is way more valuable than a post scoring big who doesn’t shoot & can’t defend the paint.

Can someone please create a lineup with Sabonis & Fox that can defend well enough to contend ? And create an offensive scheme that’s above average? You can even pick guys from other teams. I just don’t see it
Fox
Klay thompson
Mikal Bridges
D. Green
Sabonis

I liked your post but I think its clear Buddy was a net negative we've been shopping him for a year and the Lakers deal would have been striking gold but somehow the NBA's prize organization had their eye on an even worse deal.
Buddy has value in a 3pt shooting league. He just does. Despite how much fans here dislike him.

No chance Tyrese should have been traded in a deal like this. But once he was, adding in Buddy just makes it infinitely worse.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
color me happy! I hope fans give Monte a chance to do more before the deadline and during the off-season and i hope Sabonis enjoys playing here.
If it was 1999 it would feel like a Chris Webber type move but the league has changed a lot since then. Building around a top 5 big man (if he even is that) just isn't the golden ticket that it used to be.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Buddy has value in a 3pt shooting league. He just does. Despite how much fans here dislike him.

No chance Tyrese should have been traded in a deal like this. But once he was, adding in Buddy just makes it infinitely worse.
I want to believe that I do but you have the house on the market for a year at "a fair price" the reality is maybe the house sucks?

I can't believe someone didn't snatch him up last year but maybe his defensive liabilities are just too much. Everyone wants a 3&D guy. Well there's no D there.

I get it. You're mad. I am too. Gut punch.

But let's not compare a 2-time 25 year old star with incredible impact stats and C-Webb level passing/creation to Boban. Please.
I’m not. I’m pointing out that being “skilled” is not evidence of actually contributing to winning basketball. Boban is an example. That’s not comparing the 2 other than saying both have “skills”.

Jesus, my post was not hard to understand at all.

I think this is all on Vivek. He probably didn't like Hali's shooting form and was upset that Hali didn't want to play 4 on 5 to get easy "cherry picks" on the other end. You know, Vivek successfully tried this out in a 6th grade girl's game and it worked!

Don’t get me wrong, I really like Sabonis, it’s just frustrating how this went down and how Fox is apparently perceived around the league now
The Kings can’t focus on perception right now. Fox was getting it together after a rough start before getting hurt and we just got the best player in the trade. It’s not as it Sabonis is 35 years old and resembling Zach Randolph. I wouldn’t wanna trade Haliburton either, but it’s interesting that a lot of people on social media are suddenly acting as if we traded a future superstar when these same people were just saying our roster sucks and we don’t have anyone with much value.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Seeing this image might be the final straw for me as a hardcore fan of 37 years now.

I can't take anymore ineptitude.

There's no chance this org is trying to win. At this point, it just has to be on purpose. There's just no way this many different GM's and FO personnel can be this incompetent.

I refuse to believe it.
we literally just traded for an all-star. You would almost have to make the argument that trying to win is the issue here.

well we probably win more games this season if Fox comes back but what does this cost us over the next 10 years? Hali-Mitchell was showing a lot of potential as the backcourt of the future if we moved on from Fox and got a good pick this year that helps us find a wing or a big and sets us up for the future. Instead we have 2 years to try to make whatever this is work. And now Davion makes even less sense on this roster
Hali and Mitchell as a starting backcourt? Idk. I’d still be concerned about Mitchell’s size

It COULD be worse...they could have sent Hali to the Knicks for Randle, at which point I would have deleted my account here and never tuned into another game again.

Fox
Klay thompson
Mikal Bridges
D. Green
Sabonis
Thanks for the effort. That’s better but still got 2 bigs that can’t shoot. Yes you can say Golden State starts Looney but they also have elite shooting from 1-3 to cover. Even in this desired lineup there’s 3 guys that can’t shoot threes.