Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

“So will that compel them (even more) to make moves in these next couple hours before the 3 p.m. ET deadline? Only if the price is right. And don't expect any high-profile moves.

While the Kings are known to have interest in a number of players who remain available, from Brooklyn's Dorian Finney-Smith and Royce O'Neale, to the Wizards' Delon Wright (a former King) and Miami's Caleb Martin, those aren't the kinds of players to likely inspire them to give up too much of the draft stock they would need for a bigger move down the line. But those kinds of players, team sources tell The Athletic, are still in play. As McNair made clear in our interview last summer, the Kings' ability to upgrade in a major way if this current group wasn't getting the job done is a major part of their plan.

And to set the record straight on a related front, I'm told the Kings don't see Washington's Kyle Kuzma as that sort of player.

Team sources say there have been no talks on the Kuzma front for months, and that the Kings have no interest in losing any of the rotation players who would need to be sent out to match his salary ($25 million this season before declining to over the course of the next three years). Even beyond Kuzma, all signs point to the Kings keeping their current core (and then some) intact while trying to add to it without losing any of their main rotation players.” Amick Athletic

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
All those potential Kings trade targets from the East (Gafford, PJ Washington, Royce O'Neale) end up in the West in other play off contenders.
To be fair, I’m not sure trading their one last draft asset, Grant Williams, and Seth Curry for PJ and Gafford really makes the Mavs all that better than they were before.

I will say this.... I'm not getting good vibes that Malik is back here next year. If he has value around the league, I would seriously consider moving him (and I love Malik).

I know there is a lot of love for PJ here but he's not much different than Trey Lyles. Def not worth that price, plus he would just add to our inability to hit FTs. He's a frustrating player to watch tbh
he’s more of a theoretical player. On paper he fits the part but to me he always falls a bit short. I guess the one angle on the positive side, maybe he blossoms outside Charlotte given their track record. (Not that it would be good for the kings)

Listening to Ham over the last couple of days, he has been saying the Kings will have more trade flexibility with picks this summer. He also said the price will come down on some of these players, which could be why we might not see any action at the deadline

Listening to Ham over the last couple of days, he has been saying the Kings will have more trade flexibility with picks this summer. He also said the price will come down on some of these players, which could be why we might not see any action at the deadline
Will he though? I mean, even if the pick conveys he still can't really trade a 2025 pick unless it's on draft night right?

I'm expecting that. I get it, long term vision, don't get emotional in the wake of a terrible loss last night, but would be very disappointing to get nothing new to shake things up.
It’s the front office’s job though to make incremental moves that get you closer to both the short and long term goals. It shouldn’t be either/or. For teams like Mavs, they want to make a deep run now. They’re getting size which will only help them against teams like Nuggets and Twolves so I see what they’re doing.

We’re kind of in this odd place where Monte knows we can’t go deep with our lineup as it stands and any possible move won’t really meaningfully move the needle for the long term. I really thought Siakam was the only immediate way to make a big splash, so now we have to be patient and see if Keegan can build up to be a consistent all star caliber player. We really are banking on him making a huge leap in year 3. Like we need him to mirror Scottie Barnes’ trajectory

Last edited: