Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

Guys what is the difference between our Kessler and this Thybulle guy ...
As far as read the second one is just as poor shooter as Kessler , even maybe a little bit more , and from what i have seen in his limiated minutes Edwards is pretty good defender ...
I mean we obviously have the Thybulle type guy in our rotation and he is not getting much , why should we taka another deep reserve ...

Last edited:
Guys what is the difference between our Kessler and this Thybule guy ...
As far as read the second one is just as poor shooter as Kessler , even maybe a little bit more , and from what i have seen in his limiated minutes Edwards is pretty good defender ...
I mean we obviously have the Thybule type guy in our rotation and he is not getting much , why should we taka another deep reserve ...
Thybull made all defensive second team twice there not the same

It is almost funny to see what is going on in the last ''few'' days of this trade period ...
Almost all the names we discussed here are not connected with trades to Lakersa and GS at one place or another ...
Yahoo ''sends'' now Brogdon to Lakers :)
While in the morning i was reading somewhere how good will be Grant and Warriors and etc ...
It look like Kuzma will be the one only we have intrest in at the end , or at least according to the romours at least

A site called HoopRumors makes it sound like the Wizards could be interested in moving Daniel Gafford. I can’t figure why, he’s young and puts up nice numbers, although his 3 appears nonexistent, but if any truth there I like him.
Not sure about fit with Sabonis as he’s listed a center, but when I watched him play he seemed agile and looked like a PF. Anyways, worth a look.

Last edited:
The fact that we're interested in Capela makes me think we're entertaing the thought of Sabonis playing the 4 because Capela is a starter not a bench big. Miami Heat got creative with their defensive zone schemes and went to the Finals with non-traditional lineups, and Minnesota is doing well with KAT and Gobert.

The fact that we're interested in Capela makes me think we're entertaing the thought of Sabonis playing the 4 because Capela is a starter not a bench big. Miami Heat got creative with their defensive zone schemes and went to the Finals with non-traditional lineups, and Minnesota is doing well with KAT and Gobert.
KAT is a generational shooter Sabonis that’s the only reason they work

A site called HoopRumors makes it sound like the Wizards could be interested in moving Daniel Gafford. I can’t figure why, he’s young and puts up nice numbers, although his 3 appears nonexistent, but if any truth there I like him.
Not sure about fit with Sabonis as he’s listed a center, but when I watched him play he seemed agile and looked like a PF. Anyways, worth a look.
Bad fit with Domas, but Gafford rules. He'd be a dynamite backup C

Going back to Vucevic, he attempted 214 shots between 15-29 ft compared to 63 shots for Sabonis. Avg 45.5% between 15-19ft, 38.2% 20-24ft, and 24.8% from 25-29ft. While the numbers aren't eye popping, he is a threat to shoot the ball which still gives space for Sabonis to work down low.

Also, Vucevic has a 7'4.5" wingspan compared to Sabonis's 6'10.5" so that would be helpful as well.

Last edited:
I doubt so ...
None of them looks like capable of playing as F
Domas is good at PF. He played it in Indiana. However it takes a certain style of center to play alongside him atleast until Domas becomes a regular perimeter shooter like a Vucevic. He would need to shoot near his current percentage on a few more attempts per game for that to happen.

Myles Turner was actually a really good center to put next to Sabonis. They worked well in Indiana.

Wendell Carter Jr would be pretty intriguing as well.

Vuc could probably work offensively but it’s not really what we want defensively since i would want some level of rim protection and switchable athleticism in order to move Domas back to the 4. Though I doubt it could be too much worse than what it is with HB who can’t seem to guard anybody anymore.

I’d still rather get somebody about HB’s size with more ability defensively and off the glass.

Domas is good at PF. He played it in Indiana. However it takes a certain style of center to play alongside him atleast until Domas becomes a regular perimeter shooter like a Vucevic. He would need to shoot near his current percentage on a few more attempts per game for that to happen.

Myles Turner was actually a really good center to put next to Sabonis. They worked well in Indiana.

Vuc could probably work offensively but it’s not really what we want defensively since i would want some level of rim protection and switchable athleticism in order to move Domas back to the 4. Though I doubt it could be too much worse than what it is with HB who can’t seem to guard anybody anymore.

I’d still rather get somebody about HB’s size with more ability defensively and off the glass.
It’s tough because the guys that size that are plus defenders and that are attainable are offensive liabilities, and the ones that aren’t are rare and extremely valuable around the league.

If Sabonis plays center than blowup the FO and coaching staff. How do we see the guy get better after leaving Turner to then put him back in that position. Bad enough we traded Hali but atleast we got an all sad then turnaround and make that all star play a position he clearly can’t is madness

KAT is a generational shooter Sabonis that’s the only reason they work
And once the playoffs begin we have to see how it works. I'm particularly interested to see if the Wolves match up with the Clippers. The last time Paul George matched up with Gobert at the C spot Gobert was basically unplayable on defense. Snyder didn't agree and home the Jazz went.

Going back to Vucevic, he attempted 214 shots between 15-29 ft compared to 63 shots for Sabonis. Avg 45.5% between 15-19ft, 38.2% 20-24ft, and 24.8% from 25-29ft. While the numbers aren't eye popping, he is a threat to shoot the ball which still gives space for Sabonis to work down low.

Also, Vucevic has a 7'4.5" wingspan compared to Sabonis's 6'10.5" so that would be helpful as well.
I liked the idea in the summer time as an option for why not talent reasons when he was a free agent target but with the way things are going it's too dangerous. If it doesn't work you've thrown away the ability to course correct before wasting the 2nd half of a season. Once the deadline hits you really want to make pretty decisively impactful moves and in the modern game 2 bigs is a gamble even if they should work offensively. The main thing about them would be the ability to slow the game down a little and pound teams but without a preseason to prep for it Brown would in no way gets it's full effectiveness.

This thread is telling in that people are putting out lots of targets to acquire but not proposing any trades. Our assets are such doo-doo I can only really imagine shipping Barnes to a tanking team that wants a culture guy but what are we even getting back in that scenario.

We can also take the protection off the Atlanta pick in order to move future 1sts but that seems reckless now that we've fallen to 8th. Especially when mid-first picks appear to be this FO's specialty.

We uhh... did. His name is Keegan Murray?

Problem is, our reliable vet wing turned into puddy over the off-season. So we need another one
Yeah we need more wings. Wish we could hit 1 or 2 in the 2nd round. Also seems Indiana is shopping Toppin, he is one of the guys benfited from Hali, but the size could help.