Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

I can't see Monte offering Keegan. I'd say the Warriors have the best package to offer around Kuminga/Moody, but if we can land him with some sort of combination of Heurter/Barnes/Mitchell and a 2nd that would be huge. I think we've got a good shot to resign him too, that all star collusion from last year may come true.

I can't see Monte offering Keegan. I'd say the Warriors have the best package to offer around Kuminga/Moody, but if we can land him with some sort of combination of Heurter/Barnes/Mitchell and a 2nd that would be huge. I think we've got a good shot to resign him too, that all star collusion from last year may come true.
I'm not sure the Warriors offer that package.

I'm wondering if the thought process around the league is "You're not getting X for a rental", therefore the Hawks pull out, the Pacers pull out, etc.

If that is all it takes which I highly doubt, I'd be thrilled. Huerter and barnes are overpaid anyways, and their production dont match their contracts, so even if siakam walks during freeangency we'll have money to play with this summer.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Please please no Keegan or Monk involved for Siakam
I think Monte has been clear that Keegan is not on the table.

If such a deal were to happen, it would have to take the basic shape that has been floated here for a while - something like Barnes + Huerter and/or Mitchell + pick(s). Obviously some other pieces could end up thrown in for salary matching or maybe as alternate sweetener (like, as fans we can't rule out throwing in Colby instead of a future pick, or something) but that would almost have to be the basic structure.

I hope they don’t trade for Siakam. Even if I’m over HB, Huerter and Davion I still don’t want to blow our only package for Siakam.

You make that move, then that’s it. You better have a contender with him assuming you can re-sign him. Which isn’t a given.

I don’t think Siakam makes the Kings a contender and it might take a lot of pains to integrate an offensive player of his style to a team of the Kings style.

Not really what you want to hear in regards to a potential rental. That his contractual time here might not be sufficient to see if he can actually be a fit. Not just from the perspective of the Kings, but from the perspective of Siakam.

I’m honestly not feeling any of the all star caliber players available. Yes, the Kings need another scorer of Siakam or LaVine’s caliber but there’s more to it than that.

I would rather the Kings try to upgrade at PF(Rebounding and defense) and SG(offensive consistency and defense) with more role style players for now that can fit offensively or atleast match HB’s and Huerter’s combined 21-25 points while bringing what they lack. Those players are out there and they are much cheaper than Pascal Siakam.

I want to see how good the Kings can be with proper balance before we go blowing our wad on desperation moves like they are a team with a closing window. Like Phoenix did. The Kings do have time.

If they absolutely feel they have to go for a second or third scorer then Kyle Kuzma would probably be the best fit….not that I necessarily want him either.

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
Is Sasha now available to be traded? I’m assuming he’s past the date he can be traded. To me, he’s got to be a desirable trade piece for teams…..also think that Davion has some value……..Huerter would be a change of scenery guy but HB is at the point where a team trading a star player wouldn’t be looking for an HB.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Is Sasha now available to be traded? I’m assuming he’s past the date he can be traded. To me, he’s got to be a desirable trade piece for teams…..also think that Davion has some value……..Huerter would be a change of scenery guy but HB is at the point where a team trading a star player wouldn’t be looking for an HB.
Yeah, players signed in the offseason are eligible to be traded starting Dec. 15th.

I'm sure that our Bulgarian friends are hoping that there's a chance that Sasha's lack of playing time wasn't because we didn't want him, but rather to showcase our other players for trades, so that we could open up some PT for him after we ship some other guys off. (Yeah, that's probably not true)

I hope they don’t trade for Siakam. Even if I’m over HB, Huerter and Davion I still don’t want to blow our only package for Siakam.

You make that move, then that’s it. You better have a contender with him assuming you can re-sign him. Which isn’t a given.

I don’t think Siakam makes the Kings a contender and it might take a lot of pains to integrate an offensive player of his style to a team of the Kings style.

Not really what you want to hear in regards to a potential rental. That his contractual time here might not be sufficient to see if he can actually be a fit. Not just from the perspective of the Kings, but from the perspective of Siakam.

I’m honestly not feeling any of the all star caliber players available. Yes, the Kings need another scorer of Siakam or LaVine’s caliber but there’s more to it than that.

I would rather the Kings try to upgrade at PF(Rebounding and defense) and SG(offensive consistency and defense) with more role style players for now that can fit offensively or atleast match HB’s and Huerter’s combined 21-25 points while bringing what they lack. Those players are out there and they are much cheaper than Pascal Siakam.

I want to see how good the Kings can be with proper balance before we go blowing our wad on desperation moves like they are a team with a closing window. Like Phoenix did. The Kings do have time.

If they absolutely feel they have to go for a second or third scorer then Kyle Kuzma would probably be the best fit….not that I necessarily want him either.
We have no young assets to offer so even for Kuzma who will have a market HB/Huerter and a pick will be gone

Alex Caruso and Dorian Finney-Smith top my wishlist over any of the high volume offensive guys mentioned.
Both would fit in some ways but the real question is where would they push the Kings? The Kings right now are about a 48-50 win clip again. Those two players are the types you fill around the edges once you're done. If the Kings were sitting at a better win clip and higher in the West I think that's where Monte would be looking but he's clearly looking for talent overall.

We were screwed if he didnt re-sign. If i heard ham right, we basically would have been able to sign monk and really no one else if he walked due to all the cap holds

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
We were screwed if he didnt re-sign. If i heard ham right, we basically would have been able to sign monk and really no one else if he walked due to all the cap holds
That is one very obvious danger in trading for Siakam. There's no real in-between on that trade, either it works spectacularly well, or it blows up entirely and dooms the team for a decade. Big risk.

That is one very obvious danger in trading for Siakam. There's no real in-between on that trade, either it works spectacularly well, or it blows up entirely and dooms the team for a decade. Big risk.
Danger for sure but the payoff would possibly be years of actual favorite status. Obviously they wouldn't budge on Keegan or wanted too many picks but the downside if no Keegan is you lose Huerter and Barnes, which would actually indeed suck, but probably not enough to send the Kings down the standings very far at this point considering their play and role decreases.

Good, we dodged a bullet as far as I’m concerned.
Why?

Hard to imagine a deal that would've made sense given that Siakam is expiring - maybe some combination of Davion / Huerter / Barnes / picks but nothing the Raptors would really need

My guess is Toronto wanted Keegan which is why Shams reversed course in 2 hours to say talks were dead
That fool is asking for Keegan and picks

Why?

That fool is asking for Keegan and picks
After he got a fraction of what he supposedly wanted for OG it's on him at some point to settle or not. I personally thought the deal for OG was not bad, but not exactly a rebuild friendly one. This is the lesson as to why you need to start making moves before your contracts start falling off the books. The Pistons did the same thing with Grant and got basically nothing. If the Pistons would have just moved him after that first year they would have gotten a nice package for sure.

What about Randle? He is a great passer, can shoot the 3pt shot, and he can also rebound the ball with the best of them. I know he's getting older, but I would love to test if a player like Randle would work with what we have or just be too many mouths to feed.

I understood OG but I had re-signing reservations but I just don't get how Siakam isn't like seeing a Porsche down the street for sale at a good price and saying "oh wow, I don't really need that but I want it!"

It's not an obvious fit and if we send out multiple rotation players (two of which currently start) and picks - even assuming he re-signs - is that the move that makes the Kings awesome?

Am I crazy to think we need to be patient?
Nope! A change to our starting lineup might hurt us more than help us depending on how long the new player takes to play with our style. How about trading for a lesser known bench player that wouldn't fudge up our lineups?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I posted a clip of some of Peja's work previously and yes, Peja could easily handle the rock. Same with every player on that list. That said, the game is different now when it comes to the bar set. Look at the top scorers and two things stand out, passing/playmaking.
Year 2 Peja could? I've seen Keegan make some moves that Peja never made in 14 years in the NBA. I just don't get why so many people are tripping over themselves to define what Keegan can't do when he's done nothing but elevate his game month to month since he came into the league. It took Kawhi Leonard 4 seasons to average what Keegan Murray is averaging now in less than half that amount of time. Why is "wait and see" such a difficult concept to understand?

Year 2 Peja could? I've seen Keegan make some moves that Peja never made in 14 years in the NBA. I just don't get why so many people are tripping over themselves to define what Keegan can't do when he's done nothing but elevate his game month to month since he came into the league. It took Kawhi Leonard 4 seasons to average what Keegan Murray is averaging now in less than half that amount of time. Why is "wait and see" such a difficult concept to understand?
Yes. Greece Peja could. Keegan could certainly improve but right now I think them turning him into more of a 3 and D shooter/system guy is working perfectly. The conversation was specifically about handles and how it relates to scoring so indeed more in relation to being a 1st option if you will. Keegan can certainly be a 20 per game guy in the role he's in as a lead facilitator? Results still to come.

I wonder if the Warriors would consider trading to a divisional rival? I think Kuminga runs into a similar problem here of not getting the minutes he wants, but Moody could compete for the starting SG position. The timeline gets younger, but I’d take both of them for Huerter and Barnes.

Wiggins scares me. He fits the Warriors’ timeline too and if they decide to trade him, something must not be clicking for him right now.
Not sure what to make of Wiggins. When he first got traded to the Warriors, he was a super "buy" low guy that was incredibly overpaid and not impactful. And then he just turned himself into one of the most valuable wings in basketball for like a 3 year stretch during that Warriors run to the finals. But now, in the first year of his new contract, he's been downright awful and just one of the worst players getting big minutes in the league.

So can he find that form under Brown again? Maybe a change of scenery will boost him back up? Because the Wiggins before this season and when he got traded to GS is exactly what we need and want from that slot.

They don't have much in the way of picks (their only available FRP is 2028, everything else is Stepiened). But they have intriguing young talent (Kuminga, Podz, TJD, Moody) that may not be as intriguing as Keegan, but from an organizational standpoint would appear to be far, far, far more available than Keegan. There would have to be salary filler (CP3 or Wiggins, presumably, unless somehow Draymond would be acceptable on both sides of that barter), but the upside on a Siakam return from the Kings is solid-but-not-star NBA players and some picks that could end up being in the 20s. At least Kuminga and Podz have serious buzz for wide open futures and the W's pick in 2028 could be gold at this point. I think the Warriors would be well in the driver's seat in front of the Kings.
to me Kuminga is the only one thst would intrigue me. And even then I’ve found him underwhelming to date. Guess we shall see

Siakam would be amazing. He is a real baller, especially in the playoffs. He also has the length that is needed in the PF next to Sabonis.

I would not give them Murray though. Barnes + Huerter + whatever picks are available.

Then get Quentin Grimes from the Knicks to cover the loss of Huerter. He is a good shooter and defender. He's behind DiVincenzo in their pecking order, so the starting spot here could tempt him into pushing for a move.

Sasha for Grimes?

G: Fox.................... Mitchell
G: Grimes.............. Monk
F: Murray................ Duarte
F: Siakam.............. Lyles
C: Sabonis............. McGee / Len

This is a starting 5 that could go head-to-head offensively with anyone in the league... but will have a defensive advantage over the teams who are currently favorites for the title: Nuggets, Celtics, Clippers, Bucks, Suns.

Do it, Monte!

Last edited:
I’m curious what could have happened in a two hour window to turn from potential trade partner to talks are off? The Kings have likely had the same package available for the last month. There is just no way they were trading Keegan for a soon to be 30 year old Siakam even if he was signed for a couple more years.

I’m curious what could have happened in a two hour window to turn from potential trade partner to talks are off? The Kings have likely had the same package available for the last month. There is just no way they were trading Keegan for a soon to be 30 year old Siakam even if he was signed for a couple more years.
I wonder if this means the Kings decided that a trade with the Raptors wasn't feasible and as a result, decided to pivot to another player?