[Game] Kings @ Suns, Wednesday, October 23rd - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suns look much better with a competent point guard running the show. They look better defensively as well. They got to do something about Devin Booker though. Helluva talent but he’s seems to have zero understanding of team play lol.

Halftime report:
-Fox woke up in the 2nd quarter but made a few dumb mistakes
-Buddy is playing really well
-Bagley tried way too hard but is settling down
-Kings as a team seem disjointed. Lots of dribbling and waiting. Very obvious that the plays are new and not instinctive yet
-I still dislike Oubre very much. Glad he’s not a King.
-Barnes playing well for the most part and Dedmon has been quite disappointing. Stone hands? Can’t seem to hang on to anything
-CoJo playing really well along with Holmes. Like them both very much. I want Holmes to start. He’s strongest where we are weakest (rebounding and intensity).
-Walton has been going pretty deep into the bench and probably is experimenting a little bit with certain players and lineups
-We should be up by more than 5

The Kings are going to have to get something out of Marvin in the 2nd half. I'd like to see them get him some one on one touches in the post and load up the weak side.

That' not what's as concerning as much as the concrete feet....a step behind everything. Not good.
He doesn't have great feet or hands for sure. He's gotten this far as a decent spot shooter and help defender. Putting him at the top and running cutters off of him isn't fair to anyone. Him, the fans, or the team, haha.

Have to say I'll take the licks now learning how to compete in the halfcourt than running ourselves into the ground and losing legs late in the year
Agreed. Kings were worthless on back
to backs last year and always fizzled when there was a cluster in the schedule.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Bagley looks like he isn’t sure where to be. Bogi was the same way. Almost like the game plan was to play backyard ball in first half then play the right way in the 2nd half

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Kings are going to have to get something out of Marvin in the 2nd half. I'd like to see them get him some one on one touches in the post and load up the weak side.
First game jitters/excitement. Hopefully, he can settle down for the 2nd half. He was just getting buckets off of offensive rebounds for the most part.

Suns look much better with a competent point guard running the show. They look better defensively as well. They got to do something about Devin Booker though. Helluva talent but he’s seems to have zero understanding of team play lol.
Booker is lost out there with Rubio running the point. He needs the ball to be most effective. Hield 10/10 times. Booker pissed Hield off early and Hield responded.

First game jitters/excitement. Hopefully, he can settle down for the 2nd half. He was just getting buckets off of offensive rebounds for the most part.
Yeah he needs to let the game come to him a but better. But you can see Luke's offense working really well for him. He will have his opportunities. They might come later in the season but Bagley is gonna ball out

Why is Dedmon diving on every pick and roll? He needs to pop out. He should be positioned in the same way Bjelica is. He's not a great screener either so running a slip is probably better.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Why is Dedmon diving on every pick and roll? He needs to pop out. He should be positioned in the same way Bjelica is. He's not a great screener either so running a slip is probably better.
Yeah, he should be slipping out to the arc for a three but they have him rolling like he's Holmes or something.

Somebody's gotta be right!
Excluding the first 6-8 minutes... shaking off nerves and rust... there's a maturity and defensive court awareness I rarely saw last year.

Let's do a little mental test: try to patch in WCS into this team on the defensive end... notice how odd that feels?

The difference is subtle yet profound. We'll improve by ten or so ranking spots in the important defensive metrics this year. Check in with me at the ASB.

Status
Not open for further replies.