Kings & Rudy Gay reach agreement on 3 year contract extension!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I want to know why Fay took less money you know he believes in us but damn what a bargain. He would have got 15+ the way he is playing and if we don't make a big money move this year we will have 8+ in cap space this year.
Read my note above.

#1 It rehabs his reputation with that hideous contract that will be ending.
#2 He realizes that the contract he signed may very well leave enough money for us to develop an NBA champ. I said "MAY."
#3 He's a good guy.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I need some convincing. I like Rudy Gay but he honestly kills our team when he tries to go iso and takes those awful shots. He chucks a lot. Do you think this problem will ever be fixed?
I think the problem is more with those who attempt to define Rudy Gay by a few forced shots per game and act like that outweighs all the good he brings to the table.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
The Sacramento Kings, yes our Sacramento Kings, not only have the best Center in the league locked into a contract, but now have a guy who is putting up best SF in the league type of numbers right now. Let that marinate for a minute. it's crazy.

think of where we were 2 years ago.
NO!!!! I will not. :)

I want to twist this a bit. Gay's contract is not a steal. The other contracts were absurd.
It actually is a steal if you look at the market, maybe not a home run out of the park steal, but in the current market Rudy would easily get someone to pay him $15 million imo.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I want to know why Fay took less money you know he believes in us but damn what a bargain. He would have got 15+ the way he is playing and if we don't make a big money move this year we will have 8+ in cap space this year.
So we can get a PF and backup center, round out the roster to be a legit playoff team.

Maybe.

I btw think part of doing this so early is that Rudy sees us as having a real shot at making the playoffs and didn't want his contract status hanging over our heads during what could be a likely run at the 7th or 8th seed.

Wow, that's a great deal. And Rudy has found a good fit with the Kings and Cousins.

15 or 16 would've still been a decent deal, but this is just a nice feather in PDA's cap by trading for and then locking him up.

In a way, we "paid him forward" by trading for him in the first place, knowing that he would probably opt in to this years $19 mil. So if you add that 19 to this new contract and average it out. He actually is getting basically "market value"

With things quickly turning around in Sactown, next order of business is to go out and impress the nation with our next 2 games being on NBATV and then TNT

This is a great deal, and it shows Rudy really wants to be here and he believes in this franchise. I also think he understands Sacramento is the right place for him. He came here and he immediately got a better reputation. He also knows DMC is a beast, and they are a great combo who can lead this team.

I'm really excited about this, now we can really build a true contender.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Multiple reports from reliable sources have come out on Twitter that Rudy Gay has signed a 3 year/$40 million extension with the Sacramento Kings.

Yahoo article

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

EDIT: The Tweet allegedly from Pete D'Allesandro that merely said :) is not a validated account. Pete's Twitter account is @pdoro

:)

Last edited: