Kings reportedly involved in Brad Beal trade talks but not deep enough in to matter

Destroy the West next season if Beal and Booker work probably. Please, no Suns.
Yeah, no.

PHX couldn’t beat Denver this season with a legit low post player/defender. Why on earth do you believe they’d beat Denver next year w/o one? (They’d likely have to trade Ayton to make any sort of deal)

Who is going to defend Jokić?

He might average 30/20/20 against that small lineup.

Yeah, no.

PHX couldn’t beat Denver this season with a legit low post player/defender. Why on earth do you believe they’d beat Denver next year w/o one? (They’d likely have to trade Ayton to make any sort of deal)

Who is going to defend Jokić?

He might average 30/20/20 against that small lineup.
They way to beat Denver is the way the Warriors did. Running Jokic ragged in a multioptonal pick and roll. OK, lets gets some perspective here and you'll see why the idea that the Suns adding Durant at the deadline last year being a blah move for a team like Sacramento is akin to denial and why them adding ANY star talent could be a quick nip for the pretenders. Last year the Suns went from out of contention, to in, and to the 2nd round with around 8 games of experience with Durant and Booker. In those games they went 8-0 with Durant in the lineup post trade and were the only team to even win 2 games against Denver. I consider that worrisome and I'd imagine every team in the West does as well. Adding a player like Beal to that hopefully would blow up in their face but it if doesn't it's trouble for those teams fighting in the 1-15 range lol. As long as they don't get injured or miss Paul too much. Then if that deal goes down that likely means CP3 ends up in LA with Bron which is more BS to fight through. The short term results are in, the Lakers and Suns deadline deals worked for them and they were still playing while the Kings were at home watching. There's no arguing, it's what happened and depending on what teams like that do likely depends on where you set your own bar. I have a feeling Monte isn't going to undersell it and is apparently trying to improve to meet that challenge like any good GM would in his position.

They way to beat Denver is the way the Warriors did. Running Jokic ragged in a multioptonal pick and roll. OK, lets gets some perspective here and you'll see why the idea that the Suns adding Durant at the deadline last year being a blah move for a team like Sacramento is akin to denial and why them adding ANY star talent could be a quick nip for the pretenders. Last year the Suns went from out of contention, to in, and to the 2nd round with around 8 games of experience with Durant and Booker. In those games they went 8-0 with Durant in the lineup post trade and were the only team to even win 2 games against Denver. I consider that worrisome and I'd imagine every team in the West does as well. Adding a player like Beal to that hopefully would blow up in their face but it if doesn't it's trouble for those teams fighting in the 1-15 range lol. As long as they don't get injured or miss Paul too much. Then if that deal goes down that likely means CP3 ends up in LA with Bron which is more BS to fight through. The short term results are in, the Lakers and Suns deadline deals worked for them and they were still playing while the Kings were at home watching. There's no arguing, it's what happened and depending on what teams like that do likely depends on where you set your own bar. I have a feeling Monte isn't going to undersell it and is apparently trying to improve to meet that challenge like any good GM would in his position.
By having Denver play a starting lineup of Jeff Green, Will Barton, Monte Morris, AG, Jokic and bringing in Jamychal Green and Campazzo off the bench?

I’m curious how Washington plans to rebuild. KP is almost guaranteed to opt in. If they don’t resign Kuz they lose him for nothing unless sign and tradeZ. If they get Ayton back in the Beal deal the trio of KP, Kuz and Ayton isn’t enough to bottom out or compete. Interested to see what they do

I did expect Beal to go for a smaller than anticipated package talent wise but this is basically a gift.

Wizards just wanted out of the Beal contract apparently. This frees them from it after this coming season.

Kuzma likely gone now too and KP to be traded. Wizards finally rebuilding.

As for the Suns. Slightly scarier than I thought they would be after Beal trade, since I was sure a trade would involve Ayton..

but the team still doesn’t make any sense to me and I don’t believe it will ultimately be a successful super team. It’s like the Brooklyn Nets(Harden, Kyrie, KD) again + Ayton and less complimentary shooters

just got to hope Beal’s recent inactivity was due to intentionally not putting a full seasons work for a losing team but Durant’s part time availability are basically part and parcel at this point.

I don’t see it and they are basically in salary prison for

1687123361878.gif

I think the Kings dodged a bullet with this happening. Beal is a great player but that contract and not be able to trade him without his approval is to big of a risk at any age especially his.
But maybe worth the risk of all it takes is a player you were gonna waive, a backup guard, pick swaps and second rounders.

What does Washington do with KP now? If he opts in he is a trade asset but will he just opt out so he can sign in a place of his choosing? If he stays they will just trad him at the deadline and they probably won’t get much for him considering matching salary would be at least somewhat difficult and he would be expiring. What about Kuzma? Probably best bet is sign and trade.

What does Washington do with KP now? If he opts in he is a trade asset but will he just opt out so he can sign in a place of his choosing? If he stays they will just trad him at the deadline and they probably won’t get much for him considering matching salary would be at least somewhat difficult and he would be expiring. What about Kuzma? Probably best bet is sign and trade.
I almost don't expect them to do anything. Are they going to fully rebuild? Watch them not. Honestly the best thing for the Kings is maybe the Wiz try and keep Paul if he's the main get and go for it haha. Doubtful though because they can save all that money if they can still waive him.

Phoenix got better. Beal > CP3+Shammet. I thought it would be Ayton+Shammet but this is great for Phoenix. Beal, Booker, Craig, KD, Ayton.
Agreed. Getting Beal w/o having to include Ayton is the key.

Losing Ayton wouldn’t have make them better than the DEN team to whom they just lost. But adding Beal to Ayton, KD and Booker does make them better. How much better? We shall see.

Their bench and defense are still lacking, IMO.

PHX might actually be the only team where taking Beal makes any sort of sense. They're already all on on a 2-3 year window with KD and pretty much already decided they're going to punt the next 5 years after that regardless. So that Beal money doesn't really affect them in the same way other teams trying to build a longterm winner would

Agreed. Getting Beal w/o having to include Ayton is the key.

Losing Ayton wouldn’t have make them better than the DEN team to whom they just lost. But adding Beal to Ayton, KD and Booker does make them better. How much better? We shall see.

Their bench and defense are still lacking, IMO.
The next question is what can they turn Ayton into? There's already talk that is where the depth will come from. I still think the Pacers should get in on that. Turner/7/filler. Then the Suns could maybe flip that 7 pick for depth.

The next question is what can they turn Ayton into? There's already talk that is where the depth will come from. I still think the Pacers should get in on that. Turner/7/filler. Then the Suns could maybe flip that 7 pick for depth.
I don’t think Ayton has that kind of value. There really aren’t that many teams that need an upgrade at center and he has baggage on top of it. The two teams that make the most sense to me are the Nets (if they could get him for say Dinwiddie, Claxton and maybe a pick) or how about Orlando for Cole Anthony and WCJ and maybe a protected pick. Chicago might be interested but they don’t have the pieces. Maybe Poole and Looney?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
that no trade clause really came back to bite the Wiz. At this point waving Paul and then getting rid of Porzingis would be the wise move here and go into full Spurs tank mode but I question what direction that franchise wants to head in

that no trade clause really came back to bite the Wiz. At this point waving Paul and then getting rid of Porzingis would be the wise move here and go into full Spurs tank mode but I question what direction that franchise wants to head in
Hopefully they want to hold onto Kuz and save the Kings from themselves haha. They need to have some talent left on their roster and Kuz could continue to showcase over time if he's not paid stupid money. KP is another story. If he opts in maybe hold onto him and see if a trade comes up by the deadline. They have to have something of value moving on besides Davis and the little bit of youth they do have. They should gamble on being able to trade Kuz or KP and actually get something, or see Kuz as a nice piece in case a buildable asset comes available in FA at some point.

PHX might actually be the only team where taking Beal makes any sort of sense. They're already all on on a 2-3 year window with KD and pretty much already decided they're going to punt the next 5 years after that regardless. So that Beal money doesn't really affect them in the same way other teams trying to build a longterm winner would
Milwaukee as well they have no way of adding talent and needed a reliable scorer

Why are any of you shocked? The fact the Wiz were able to get off that contract without attaching any sort of picks or future value is a miracle in itself. It's honestly one of the worst contracts in NBA history when you factor in that no trade clause and just the sheer amount still owed.
This! Because of KP and Bertans previously I have seen quite a few Wizards games. Beal is injury prone and a selfish player. His end game stuff most of the times leaves me wondering - really he is a star? He is overrated by the mainstream media. Combine all of that pluss 50 millions per next four seasons. Wizards are happy to do this deal.

Kings dodged a bullet.