Kings Playoff Standings Watch!!!

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
We just need to go 8-5 the rest of the way to get to 50 wins. That would be a phenomenal benchmark to hit coming off of 16 seasons where the Kings couldn't even win 40. Holding on to the #2 seed might take a little more but regardless this has already been above and beyond what anyone could expect for year 1 with Mike Brown. The sky is the limit for this team.

We just need to go 8-5 the rest of the way to get to 50 wins. That would be a phenomenal benchmark to hit coming off of 16 seasons where the Kings couldn't even win 40. Holding on to the #2 seed might take a little more but regardless this has already been above and beyond what anyone could expect for year 1 with Mike Brown. The sky is the limit for this team.
At the beginning of the season, I said I will be happy if we make the playoffs via playins.

Now, it's like playing with the house money, though of course, I want more :)

Yes at this point it's just keeping the whole team together....the cohesiveness and chemistry is the harder part completed. Now they need to resign or extend, give a raise to most players, especially Sabonis, he deserves a 5 year max deal.

We all know Kessler has earned a spot in Browns rotation over TD. Solely based off his defense too. Crazy how that works....
Kessler basically took on Huerter's minutes in the 2nd half. TD "got the start", but didn't come back in after his first rotation. And we saw a lot of "big ball" with 3 of Kessler/Keegan/Barnes/Lyles on the floor for a good chunk of the 2nd half.

Kessler basically took on Huerter's minutes in the 2nd half. TD "got the start", but didn't come back in after his first rotation. And we saw a lot of "big ball" with 3 of Kessler/Keegan/Barnes/Lyles on the floor for a good chunk of the 2nd half.
You can begin to think of this as 1998,/1999 again ....where the Kings can keep a core together, and bring in guys to see if they work hard enough.
I guarantee you Edwards is working close to 100% the majority of time out there per eye test. He knows the effort he has to put out must be his best. That trade for Edwards did an outsize amount for the team for depth and defense - they hit a 'double' for just a bit of money.. Already Brown loves Edwards - he's played both Edwards and Mitchell as his defensive gems. with different personnel.

This season has already been a success beyond what most of us imagined. I feel like we’re just playing with house money at this point. Light the Beam!
Agreed. I thought we might have an outside shot to make the play in, but to be 2 seed this late in the season? Absolutely phenomenal. Hats off to the players, staff, fans, etc for sticking together and making it happen.

And we ain't done yet!

lmao the Spurs should be ashamed. This kind of blatant taking can not be rewarded - although that's how they got Duncan in the first place. Pathetic

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
lmao the Spurs should be ashamed. This kind of blatant taking can not be rewarded - although that's how they got Duncan in the first place. Pathetic
Celtics had the worst record in the league and also had Dallas's pick with the 4th worst record in the league. They wound up with the 3 and 6 picks (Chauncey, promptly traded halfway into the season and Ron Mercer - forgettable).

We all know Kessler has earned a spot in Browns rotation over TD. Solely based off his defense too. Crazy how that works....
Kessler clogs up the other team's offense and signal jams their decision making as well. Completely disrupts their flow just by being out there with his massive wingspan - arms ALWAYS out. Stops happen on possessions where he doesn't even neccessarily shut down his man, but it's still due to his presence. Also - what he's doing is contagious.

Freaking Spurs.. I hope the ping pong balls do not land on their name...

I am glad though that we're not arguing about who we are going to draft with our lottery pick. Playoff talk is much more fun than talking about lottery picks.
I can't believe Spurs squander the lead. They're pathetic down the stretch...turning over the ball. They literally give that game away. I guess they realize they had to come back down to Earth like the pathetic team they were after taking a huge lead lol.

10-3 for the rest of the year. That would put us at 52-30. VERY doable. Remember.... We are the best road team in the west and 4th best in the league (only a half game out of the top road team in the entire NBA.) Now if we could get some of that home court confidence we would by far be the best team in the league.

One thing pissed me off when I was reading an article about top 6 playoff teams which could win the title, first of all, they had the freaking Lakers on that list, second, they had the Clippers on that list, and third, they said Sacramento doesn't have the defense to compete for a championship, yet they had the Clippers on the same list saying they could win it all. The Laker thing is what pissed me off most though. I can see Golden State on the list because they are defending champions, but come on, the LAKERS AND CLIPPERS ahead of the Kings. No way. Lakers suck, and Clippers defense allowed us to score 176 flipping points on them.

Attachments

Haha so I will put my post after See-hanks just for the fun of it.

anyone else check the standings everyday looking at the magic number to make the play-offs? Counting games to see how close they are to clinching and whom you believe they are fairly certain they can beat.

some times I wonder will I wake up and we are really 12 not 2….. lol

anyone else check the standings everyday looking at the magic number to make the play-offs? Counting games to see how close they are to clinching and whom you believe they are fairly certain they can beat.

I think most of us are checking all the scores multiple times every evening, and seeing the magic number move. Lot more fun than praying for ping pong balls.

From our perspective, Portland should also be officially out pretty soon. It's currently 2 down, 7 to go (for top-6). Will be sweet, as we keep pulling away and get into the zone where teams can't catch us even mathematically.

I had posted this in another thread (I think?) but it would feel kind of weird to win the Championship this year. At least for me, because I was ready to get gradually better, but can you imagine if we won it all the first time being back in the playoffs for 16 years?? I think it would take a lot of us off guard here, including me! Almost like a dream (as sactowndog had said).

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

There's a post for that, every day. In this thread.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings Playoff Tracker

Note that teams are listed in order of the Kings' magic number, which is affected by tiebreakers, so the order may be slightly different than the order in the actual standings. Eliminated teams will be removed from the tracker after one day.

Please note that the best conference win% tiebreaker may be pre-empted by division standings, because division winners get the second tiebreaker over non-division winners.

Today's games (7):
Hawks def. GSW
Bulls def. MIN
Rockets def. NOP
MEM def. LOLSpurs
Celtics def. POR
DAL def. LAL

Magic Number To Eliminate (TB=TieBreaker):
DEN (47-23) 18, 12 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
SAC (42-27) --, 13 games remaining
MEM (42-27) 14, 13 games remaining, TB 2-2 (Kings get TB unless Grizz win division and Kings don't)
PHX (38-32) 9, 12 games remaining, TB=Suns
LAC (37-33) 7, 12 games remaining, TB=Kings
GSW (36-35) 6, 11 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
--- Playoffs ---
DAL (36-35) 6, 11 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
MIN (35-36) 5, 11 games remaining, TB=T'Wolves
UTA (33-36) 5, 13 games remaining, TB 2-0, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
NOP (33-37) 4, 12 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
--- Play-In Games ---
OKC (34-36) 4, 12 games remaining, TB=Kings
LAL (34-37) 3, 11 games remaining, TB=Kings
POR (31-39) 2, 12 games remaining, TB=Blazers

Tomorrow's games (7):
DEN at Knicks, 10 AM (!!!)
Magic at LAC, Noon
MIN at Raptors, 4 PM
SAC at Wizards, 5 PM
GSW at MEM, 5 PM
Celtics at UTA, 6 PM

Last edited: