[Game] Kings @ Pelicans, 11/20/2023 5:00pm Pacific 8:00pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for asking. What were the injuries? Len Keon had ankle injuries. Murray sounds like lower back? Lyles had the calf injury. What about Duarte and Sasha? What kind of dumb luck can have all these happen at the same time? Even fox and kev are not 100%

When what was working stops working, you have to have a countermove. Sabonis' countermove is...?
I don’t agree with the suggestion that it stopped working in the sense that it was taken away or stopped, so there was no call for a “countermove”. Kings merely abandoned any attempt to run their offense or go to the hoop when they fell behind double digits and just settled for jacking up threes.

I want Domas to shoot more too but in a game like this, for the first thought when the game turns into a blowout to be..”wow, this could’ve been going way different if Domas was more of a perimeter threat” when at that point he was one of two guys that was having any hint of a good game at all was pretty silly.

they couldnt stop one Zion move and Ingram, or anybody, and they played a lazy offensive game and checked out in the second quarter:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I don’t agree with the suggestion that it stopped working in the sense that it was taken away or stopped, so there was no call for a “countermove”. Kings merely abandoned any attempt to run their offense or go to the hoop when they fell behind double digits and just settled for jacking up threes.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you don't think that what the Pelicans were doing had anything to do with the Kings "merely abandoning any attempt to run their offense," I don't imagine that anything I have to say is going to change your mind. Like, they just stopped, independent of anything that the defense was doing? Okay, you got it.

Sorry for asking. What were the injuries? Len Keon had ankle injuries. Murray sounds like lower back? Lyles had the calf injury. What about Duarte and Sasha? What kind of dumb luck can have all these happen at the same time? Even fox and kev are not 100%
hand injuries for both Duarte and Sasha

I want Domas to shoot more too but in a game like this, for the first thought when the game turns into a blowout to be..”wow, this could’ve been going way different if Domas was more of a perimeter threat” when at that point he was one of two guys that was having any hint of a good game at all was pretty silly.

they couldnt stop one Zion move and Ingram, or anybody, and they played a lazy offensive game and checked out in the second quarter:
part of the problem was Valen was dropping taking away the lane. Domas couldn’t do to him what he did to Chet which was to drive into him and push him under the basket.

It’s one game but we shall see what happens next game assuming we have enough players to field a team.

part of the problem was Valen was dropping taking away the lane. Domas couldn’t do to him what he did to Chet which was to drive into him and push him under the basket.

It’s one game but we shall see what happens next game assuming we have enough players to field a team.
He literally did that all first quarter. What? He was like 8-6-4 in the first quarter

Javale fouled that shooter for the 4 point play in the early 2nd and the team fell off a cliff after that. Domas not taking jumpers tonight was probably the 27th reason we lost and you still decide to harp on this like it's no tomorrow for absolutely no reason.

Does anyone know how many total games players missed due to injury last year? I’m sure it was posted in one of the 1000 articles on the subject this summer

I’ll just chalk it up to their first back to back of the season. I normally don’t want to hear it in regards to back to backs but Kings went pretty deep into the season before playing a back to back.

Coming back from the early 12 point hole was about all the adversity they had the energy to fight through.

They had a lot of confidence near the end of the first, but the Hawkins 4 point play at the end of the 1st was a big body blow.

They hung in there for a few minutes in the second, but once the Pelicans got that one possession where 3 straight fouls were called you could see the team deflate never to return.

No energy. No pump fakes at the hoop or in shots. Thats why they kept getting blocked and swiped. They just looked tired

I certainly expect better next game but can’t say I expect a win since it looks like we can be out half our rotation.

Fox normally struggles in these third game in four nights or back to backs. Just his style of play. Hopefully he continues to get his touch from three because through the long season there will be nights where his legs are gassed. He missed a couple point blank layups as well.

Thankfully, there are rest days between all of the games that matter that we expect the Kings to be in.

Domas was gassed too. When he’s gassed he makes pointless fouls and turns it over. Excellent first quarter but he picked up a cheap third foul that took him out of the game quickly in the second and the wheels fell off completely there.

Barnes and Monk kept it interesting in the second for a minute but then they weren’t.

Huerter was ice cold

Keegan didn’t do much before leaving:

Davion certainly didn’t make do with his chance to snatch his job back in Keon’s a sense. Even his garbage time sucked.

Javale was OK. He was atleast working hard out there.

Kessler is a good defender but man, dude just can’t shoot.

Garbage time presented nothing of interest.

As mentioned, Slawson basically looks like a basketball player and that’s itS I don’t see anything he does particularly well at this level or semi-pro level as he wasn’t impressive in summer league either.

Didn’t see much from Petrusev.

Colby played ok

He literally did that all first quarter. What? He was like 8-6-4 in the first quarter

Javale fouled that shooter for the 4 point play in the early 2nd and the team fell off a cliff after that. Domas not taking jumpers tonight was probably the 27th reason we lost and you still decide to harp on this like it's no tomorrow for absolutely no reason.
I think it causes the ability to finish at the rim that much harder. In my opinion it’s all interrelated. But again not a fair game to even form hypothesis so we shall see what happens next game. (Assuming we can field a team)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you don't think that what the Pelicans were doing had anything to do with the Kings "merely abandoning any attempt to run their offense," I don't imagine that anything I have to say is going to change your mind. Like, they just stopped, independent of anything that the defense was doing? Okay, you got it.
The Pelicans were scoring every time they touched the ball. The Kings ran out of patience and energy. I’m sure you watch enough basketball to know some nights teams will seemingly all of a sudden stop moving the ball, moving off the ball, and start taking bad shots early in the shot clock when they are tired and fallen behind big without it being the result of some defensive triumph.

I didn’t see what you seemingly saw. The moment that Domas was stopped cold from being Domas by Jonas or any type of help scheme. It simply didn’t happen like that. I watched the game as well and thought the Domas strays I saw in the thread were random. He was the least of the Kings problems in this game. Like “why isn’t he jacking up 10 quick threes to get us back in this game?”

They got behind as a result of their own struggling defense and cold shooting on good shots. Then they opted to take quick shots. Happens all the time.

Pelicans had a run. A simple run of them making shots and the Kings missing mostly open shots. Kings unlike they have in recent games and to start off tonight’s game instead opted to try to get it all back at once by quick shooting a bunch of threes. The hallmark of a tired team. It only got worse, but the further and faster a team falls behind ..the less likely they’ll go back to running their normal sets. Kings checked out.

it’s not like the Kings were holding the ball for 20 seconds trying to figure out how to get back in their offense but the stifling size of Jonas baffled them.

Sometimes it’s just too much to too little offensively.

Kings shot nearly double the amount of threes New Orleans shot, and still made less threes. Just one of those nights

It's not the loss that bother me....it's how they guard Zion. Why would you have Barnes guarding him...he's undersized and a horrible one on one defender. And why would you constantly letting him drive to his left side? He's a left hander. I would use Keegan on him since he's bigger and Duarte or Barnes guard Ingram.

I think it causes the ability to finish at the rim that much harder. In my opinion it’s all interrelated. But again not a fair game to even form hypothesis so we shall see what happens next game. (Assuming we can field a team)
They didnt even try to get to the rim. It was all chucking up 3's.

That's my point........We need to expect a potential upcoming losing streak with all of these injuries. It's not being negative, it's just being realistic.
Damn….just started flipping back a few pages on this thread. One bad loss on a back to back after a six game winning streak and some of you guys are already in a dark place. Long season man, it will be ok.

DIdn't watch the 2nd half as I suspected an egg was going to be laid, and save myself the grief. Kings were playing well for a quarter from mid 1st to mid 2nd, but they started rushing their offense, and forgetting their ball movement. I like Duarte's defense but sometimes he doesn't make the better pass. I think the Kings started getting impatient after a couple misses in the row. It was something like 47-47 and the Pelicans pounced on their offensive breakdown. Blowout losses are not fun to watch. - basically what the kings did to the Mavericks later in the game, the Pelicans did to the Kings.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That was a tired team….dont really care about how other teams can play on back to backs or excuse making. They were just tired and injuries are mounting. On to the next one. That’s all.
Yeah, by midway through the third quarter Mike Brown was playing Domas and Javale together because we were literally all out of forwards to use to give Kessler and HB a breather so it's hard to not say this game was a lost cause caused by tired legs and an unfortunate cascade of injuries all happening within 24 hours of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.