[Game] Kings @ OKC Thunder- 4/9/2024 - 5:00PM PDT/8:00PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is gonna be a tough one. It just might end up being brutal to watch. So, to all of my fellow Kings fans who bravely sit through whatever (potential) brutality ensues later tonight, I commend you. I also hope that you don't have to sit through brutality, but rather something nice and something that somewhat resembles what a playoff team looks like (or should look like).

With that being said...

For our dear friend, @SLAB, may we light the beans...:p:p:p

For the rest of us...

Just Beam, Baby!!! :p:p:p

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Last edited:
That should be Lyles mate , anything else will be a joke ….
OKC are without Shay Alexander and so far are 1/3 missing him , so the devil might now be that dark …
Full motivation and crucial win …
4/4 till the rest of the season and we are at 6th spot
GO KINGSSSS
Shay is confirmed out?

If Keegan is no go - it's not the end of the world. Fox and Domas with the rest can play against anybody anytime. Lately Ellis, Lyles, Mitchell, Len played like pros should do. Sasha can shoot for sure, he is just not comfortable yet.
If Shay plays today (seems like) - that would be his first real game coming from the quad injury. I competed myself and make quad work 100% in a real competition takes a good week at least.
No need to look for the weaknesses in Thunder. Against NYK and Celtics Domas looked average, while against Nets he did anything he wanted (even stupid turnovers ;) ) We need to play hard and smart, focus should be on defense cause we can score points in many ways.
Last game on the road of the season - let's show our thunder!

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
That should be Lyles mate , anything else will be a joke ….
OKC are without Shay Alexander and so far are 1/3 missing him , so the devil might now be that dark …
Full motivation and crucial win …
4/4 till the rest of the season and we are at 6th spot
GO KINGSSSS
If Keegan is no go - it's not the end of the world. Fox and Domas with the rest can play against anybody anytime. Lately Ellis, Lyles, Mitchell, Len played like pros should do. Sasha can shoot for sure, he is just not comfortable yet.
If Shay plays today (seems like) - that would be his first real game coming from the quad injury. I competed myself and make quad work 100% in a real competition takes a good week at least.
No need to look for the weaknesses in Thunder. Against NYK and Celtics Domas looked average, while against Nets he did anything he wanted (even stupid turnovers ;) ) We need to play hard and smart, focus should be on defense cause we can score points in many ways.
Last game on the road of the season - let's show our thunder!
Not that it really matters, but his name is Shai not Shay. The guy is in the running for MVP this year so we should probably pay him the respect of spelling his name right. Or just shorten it to SGA so we don't need to look up the spelling (like with Giannis). :)

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
For your sake (and sanity), I sure as heck hope he does! :):):)
Out of curiosity, does he attend a fairly new school?
They have been around since the mid 60s, only a few years younger than my alma mater.

But OSAA (the Oregon version of CIF) has not had boy's volleyball as an official sport. It was listed as an "emerging activity" in October of this current school year after 32 schools fielded teams in Spring 2023. It's unknown how many will field teams this year or if he will earn a letter for participating, but it won't become officially sanctioned until 50 schools field a team.

Not that it really matters, but his name is Shai not Shay. The guy is in the running for MVP this year so we should probably pay him the respect of spelling his name right. Or just shorten it to SGA so we don't need to look up the spelling (like with Giannis). :)
Thank's for correcting :) I just looked up at some posts above. SGA is much easier for me. English is a 5th, nahhh, a little more down the road, language that I had to suffer to learn to communicate with. I posted prior that I'm I hard core Lithuanian ex-ultra. Languages that I had to put first in my head don't require spelling. I came to USA and oh boy, did I had to sweat it. I have no problems with the last names like Marčiulionis, Jasikevičius, Macijauskas, Ilgauskas, Valančiūnas, Praškevičius (spent 1 season in the 90's with the Wolves) or some other nationalities from my neighborhood. My sisters married name contained 17 letters and we conjugate our nouns - meaning it has 14 different endings. Anyway, it used to take for me like 5-10 minutes to order for her flight tickets, spelling her last name to airlines customer service workers. Poor me, poor them :) English is a pretty young language. Origins of words are from Latin, French, German, native, Greek and all over the world. USA is a melting pot - sometimes I feel like my brain is about to melt too. I have to switch from one language to another to third, come back, while working. Shai - now it's branded in my head forever :)
I just hope that Shai will be awarded less than 10 trips to the free throw line today ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.