[Game] Kings @ Nets - 11/27/16 - 3PT/6ET

Gotta get over .500 first. But yeah, if we make the playoffs, Cousins will be Top 5 in voting, for sure.

That's still looking like a hella big 'if" at this stage, though. Whole lotta more season to get through.
This road trip will be pivotal. If we can mow down these sub-par east coast teams we not only get over .500, but we get a huge confidence boost, and momentum. We already have a few big scalps in our pile. Just need consistency and beating who you should. We SHOULD be over .500.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Good to see them get a win, second half the Nets were very generous with turning the ball over so many times. They also didn't have consistent outside shooting, which helped the Kings get the win. Let's see if they are as fortunate versus the Wizards; Beal & Porter can hurt you from deep.

Good to see them get a win, second half the Nets were very generous with turning the ball over so many times. They also didn't have consistent outside shooting, which helped the Kings get the win. Let's see if they are as fortunate versus the Wizards; Beal & Porter can hurt you from deep.
Funny how turnovers happen and shots don't fall when defensive intensity is picked up...:rolleyes:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
This road trip will be pivotal. If we can mow down these sub-par east coast teams we not only get over .500, but we get a huge confidence boost, and momentum. We already have a few big scalps in our pile. Just need consistency and beating who you should. We SHOULD be over .500.
That's what I meant.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
The Kings have to play the "super team" knicks and celtics who have horford and crowder back

The Kings have to play the "super team" knicks and celtics who have horford and crowder back
Couple challenges for sure. I'm not expecting perfection, but if we can come home 4-2 or even 5-1 that would be huge. Let's beat the mighty Mavs and embarrass Cuban even more. Personally, I'd love that, if you know what I mean. (I actually like Cuban, just love beating him, especially at this time in our country's history ;))

If we come home 6-0, which is ENTIRELY do-able, we start generating serious buzz, that plus Cuz's beheading of every opposing frontcourt will make for good press.

Last edited:
Funny how defense is all of a sudden looking better when you don't have to guard more than two players from a team with outside shooting abilities.
This post doesn't pertain to your original comment, so I'm not sure why you posted it in a reply to me. We played the same team in the 1st half as we did in the 2nd half, no?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This post doesn't pertain to your original comment, so I'm not sure why you posted it in a reply to me. We played the same team in the 1st half as we did in the 2nd half, no?
The point is...the Nets defense is as atrocious as the Kings'...the Kings happened to be making a good percentage of their 3 point field goals in this game, which is rare. This won't be sustainable for more than a game or two IMO.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Cousins is now at 40.8% on over 4 three point attempts per game. That's crazy for a big that never even utilized that shot until last season.
Never will like him being out there, but that's just the day and age we live in. Bigs are expanding their range and their game and in return we get a paper tissue soft league.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
The most surprising thing about this is that the Kings managed to keep a good player long enough for this to happen
Boogie is interesting. I don't know why he has stayed here. He says that if the team doesn't win, it's his fault. To a certain extent that is true. A true star can carry a team and doesn't need to go to a team that is stacked. Maybe he doesn't like change. Maybe this and maybe that. When he says he will stay, I believe him especially when it seems obvious to me that the team is trying to suit him.