Kings-Mavericks discussion thread for Feb. 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Regardless of everything else, the one thing I'm noticing is the body language of the players. They look rejuvenated and more energetic than I've seen in a long time. I think the clown explosion was good for the rest of them for a couple of reasons. They know where they stand with the organization and, if rumors of some locker room conflicts were true, they're now in an atmosphere with a lot less drama.

That was always a key point with THE TEAM. The swagger, as Mateen Cleaves called it at the Webber ceremony, was evident because the guys really liked each other. I think we're seeing something like that rise from the ashes...

I really like the player Garcia is turning into. He seems to be very poised and has a veteran like demeanor on the court. He may not be an all star, but he's a leader.

Whats is everyone obsession with Donte Green hes got charactor?? is that it they gy comes in make few big dnks in blow outs and mayb hit 1-12 3pt shots am i missing something

Regardless of everything else, the one thing I'm noticing is the body language of the players. They look rejuvenated and more energetic than I've seen in a long time. I think the clown explosion was good for the rest of them for a couple of reasons. They know where they stand with the organization and, if rumors of some locker room conflicts were true, they're now in an atmosphere with a lot less drama.

That was always a key point with THE TEAM. The swagger, as Mateen Cleaves called it at the Webber ceremony, was evident because the guys really liked each other. I think we're seeing something like that rise from the ashes...
I hope so.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
ACK! Am I the only one who threw up in my mouth just a little when Grant and Jerry had to talk about Nick Van Exel??? BLECH!!!

Whats is everyone obsession with Donte Green hes got charactor?? is that it they gy comes in make few big dnks in blow outs and mayb hit 1-12 3pt shots am i missing something
Because he's a rookie, can score the ball, showed last night and tonight he can play defense and has been pretty much benched all season when we're supposed to be letting rooks get play time

DONTE!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think the Kings are going to miss Salmons more than they think...
I think whatever positives he brought, the negatives were simply too many to overcome. He didn't pass the ball well, he clogged the paint and he disrupted the flow of the offense to the point where our shooter (either Martin or Garcia) was left out on the wing totally unguarded while Salmons tried to go 1-on-4 inside.

I respected Salmons and was glad for him when he resurrected his game. but I do not think the Kings - especially going forward - are going to miss him to any appreciable degree for the simple reason he didn't fit with what I perceive to be the direction we're going to be heading.

First of all, I can barely make out what you are trying to say. But once I got passed that, I want to see Donte play because he has a lot of potential that I hope turns into something some day. Potential results in nothing unless he has game time to work on it. He played well in college and I believe he even scored 40+ points in the summer league prior to this season. He shows a lot of promise.

No what Kenny Natt is doing is trying to win each and every game he can and thats why Donte doesnt see the floor too often he had to play last night. Do i hate donte no but everyone acts like he adamn god sent when hes really no he average at best

No what Kenny Natt is doing is trying to win each and every game he can and thats why Donte doesnt see the floor too often he had to play last night. Do i hate donte no but everyone acts like he adamn god sent when hes really no he average at best
Please work on your grammar. You are hurting my eyes and head.

I think whatever positives he brought, the negatives were simply too many to overcome. He didn't pass the ball well, he clogged the paint and he disrupted the flow of the offense to the point where our shooter (either Martin or Garcia) was left out on the wing totally unguarded while Salmons tried to go 1-on-4 inside.

I respected Salmons and was glad for him when he resurrected his game. but I do not think the Kings - especially going forward - are going to miss him to any appreciable degree for the simple reason he didn't fit with what I perceive to be the direction we're going to be heading.
Didn't pass the ball well? I understand he was a ball hog at times, but there were many games when he was our best passer on the team. Yes, I was frustrated when he did the 1-on-4 plays, but it's disappointing that we've given up two of our best defenders in two years.

I think he's going to open some eyes when he plays for the Bulls. He was not just simply a player putting up good stats on a bad team. He was really the complete package...at least for what his contract was. Obviously, if he could have been less "Artest" like, he could have been VERY good.

Status
Not open for further replies.