[Game] Kings @ Mavericks, 11/19/2023 4:30pm Pacific 7:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, love the way the Kings slammed the door on the Mavs. Sabonas was amazing finishing with his off hand multiple times on strong moves to the basket. Fox raining 3s.

Have to give Coach Brown and his team credit for getting back on track quickly after the Houston debacle x2. Put that in the rear view mirror
great game. Anyone have Sabonis’s shot chart from tonight?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Ya'll are trippin. Davion is a beast.
It's not his defense as much as his ineffective offense.
First of all, I can't ever hate on a player who takes that much pride in their defense regardless of what else they do or don't do. Secondly, this team struggled to score with Davion starting but that was with Keegan and K'Von bricking everything in sight. Davion will never be a scorer/playmaker like Fox or Monk nor does he have their athletic gifts but on a team that clearly has no trouble scoring the ball when everyone is healthy, having a defensive bulldog come off the bench who is perfectly happy taking no shots all game and will willingly defend the best player on the floor is a huge advantage that I wish Mike Brown took advantage of more often. The mistake is trying to make him into something that he's not. He's a situational tool that you deploy when an opposing guard is going HAM and/or getting our starters in foul trouble.

This felt like a game destined to go down to the wire, in which case I would not have liked our chances due to some home cooking from the refs, so to speak. Glad we took care of business before it got to that point! Don’t want to jinx it but to me, this team looks like they’re playing on a higher level than they were last season. The team chemistry is certainly showing, it’s such an underrated and undermined piece of team-building in the modern NBA. So much so that it seems like it will be a big advantage for us this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.