[Game] Kings @ Magic - 3/23/2024 - 4:00PM PST/7:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my biggest problem as a Kings fan this season... is the unrealistic number of Barnes and Monk fans who I am seeing post on this forum. Monk is nice... but not more than MLE nice. Barnes is a55 and boring AF! There seems to be a brigade of people who are bigging up these two guys in order to see them get paid more money than they're providing on court, and definitely more than they're worth. Probably family or friends... I don't really care. I'm still gonna speak my mind.

Hey, hey, ho, ho!
Harrison Barnes gotta go!
Hey, hey, ho, ho!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Monk. He's a fearsome offensive spark off the bench. There's people on here who feel he can be a starting level SG and that he should be paid as one... LOL. No bueno. Por favor?

Harrison Barnes is just straight a55 at this point. When the Kings lose, I no longer feel the need to say the team "Kangz'd things up"... cause "Harrison Barnes'd things up" is a suitable word pie replacement.

A couple of months ago, I even logged in to this forum to read the strangest sentence of my long life... which said, "Harrison Barnes is a bad, bad man". AHAHAHAH!

Last edited:
Oof again with this. We have one of the best forums around so I guess I won’t complain too much about the 4 or 5 posters who bring zero value.
What does "best forum" mean to you? A "kumbaya land" where everyone only agrees with your personal takes?

And what is your definition of bringing "zero value" to a discussion? You seem like one of the people who would have called a "round earther" a "zero value person" back in the old days.

This team is doomed until they stopping Kangzing things up... oops, until they stop Harrison Barnesing things up. I feel like this could have been a season where the Kings made the WCF at least, if they'd made a few key moves. But instead, this season has been wasted and I doubt they will be allowed to get thru the play-in. Lebron and Steph are way bigger and more meaningful as individuals to the NBA than the Kings are as a team.

Oof again with this. We have one of the best forums around so I guess I won’t complain too much about the 4 or 5 posters who bring zero value.
This is a bit of a disappointing viewpoint. Certainly, most forums are convergent in that they provide mutual self-support of common matters to the point of demanding conformity. Divergence is threatening and tends to be dismissed, or even suppressed, for the presumed good of the dominant viewpoint. Divergence is key to growth and evolution, while opening discussion to viewpoints perhaps not previously considered.

To characterize others' viewpoints as having "zero value" is the crux of the disappointing aspect of the above post.

This is a bit of a disappointing viewpoint. Certainly, most forums are convergent in that they provide mutual self-support of common matters to the point of demanding conformity. Divergence is threatening and tends to be dismissed, or even suppressed, for the presumed good of the dominant viewpoint. Divergence is key to growth and evolution, while opening discussion to viewpoints perhaps not previously considered.

To characterize others' viewpoints as having "zero value" is the crux of the disappointing aspect of the above post.
Saying a player is crap for the 50th time, even after a win, regardless how that player played is trolling. I don’t consider trolling to have value. I’m personality fine with critical posters as long as they bring something else to the table.

Anyone else looking forward to Keon on Maxey matchup tomorrow night?
I'll be looking forward to that match up, but this kings team don't seem to match up well against the sixers overall even without embiid. They swept the kings last season and have already beaten the kings 2 times without embiid.

Hield is going to have his revenge game
Mo bamba might go full Isaac on the kings
Harris u already know what he did to the kings last game
Maxey kings couldn't stay infront of him but maybe keon could slow him down
Oubre a kings killer

Also kings don't seem to play well first game home from a road trip.

Where kings do have an advantage is that the Sixers are on a back to back. Maxey played 44 minutes today and Harris 38 minutes. They should have tired legs and also they beat the clippers so maybe they will have less of a conviction to beat the kings.

I think my biggest problem as a Kings fan this season... is the unrealistic number of Barnes and Monk fans who I am seeing post on this forum. Monk is nice... but not more than MLE nice. Barnes is a55 and boring AF! There seems to be a brigade of people who are bigging up these two guys in order to see them get paid more money than they're providing on court, and definitely more than they're worth. Probably family or friends... I don't really care. I'm still gonna speak my mind.

Hey, hey, ho, ho!
Hey, hey, ho, ho!
I’ve been on record stating that I believe one of the final pieces to becoming contender status is upgrading HB. However, to claim Barnes is “trash” or “a55” is just nonsense. He’s unspectacularly solid. He shoots 40% from 3, 80% from FT and doesn’t turn the ball over (.7 per game) He doesn’t demand shots and works in the flow of the offense. He has taken a step back defensively but by no means is a doormat. There just wasnt the right opportunity to upgrade (It appears Monte tried with Pascal Siakam but the risk of him walking was too great)

As far as Barnes $17m salary. Here are the other names in his salary range: Davis Bertans, Markelle Fultz, PJ Washington, Jusuf Nurkic, Marcus Morris, Colin Sexton.

I’ve been on KF.com for a long time. I think you’ll find most posters won’t have a problem with you posting “negative” things about the team or individual player if you’re backing up your statements with stats or context, however if you’re simply going to trash a player with funny phrases or rhymes…then yeah expect to get flamed and viewed as a troll.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If we're gonna re-use cliches... I got a better one...

Hey, hey, ho, ho!
Hey, hey, ho, ho!
This "conversation" is clearly going nowhere. I don't want to spend my entire Sunday afternoon sitting around here policing yesterday's game thread because of one bad actor, so our favorite vampire hunter will not be contributing further to this thread.

Saying a player is crap for the 50th time, even after a win, regardless how that player played is trolling. I don’t consider trolling to have value. I’m personality fine with critical posters as long as they bring something else to the table.
If we agree on this Internet definition of trolling, "Trolling is when someone post or comments online to deliberately upset others." then I agree.

In this case, I don't see an attempt to deliberately upset forum members (even though upset may occur) but rather a strong opinion about a player (and not another forum member). But, of course, perceptions vary.

Anybody notice HB is often defending the other teams best forward? Against the Magic he defended Banchero, playing the Lakers, he's on LBJ and so on. That's a role that is hard to fill.
I’m not getting into the anti Barnes mess but if Barnes and Keegan are both on the floor it’s typically Keegan unless the other forward is so strong Keegan might be outmatched. In that case Barnes takes that player.

But at 116.6 Barnes has the worst defensive rating on the team. And at + 1.4 his defensive rating isn’t great either. Kessler is much better in both cases so it’s a puzzle why Brown didn’t use him.

You and I get along and while I think his HB comments while directionally correct are over the top ….. he hasn’t attacked another poster.

I’m not sure why the rainbows crowd feels it’s okay to attack another poster merely for having a negative take on a player. Nor why the guy who didn’t attack another poster gets banned.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’m not getting into the anti Barnes mess but if Barnes and Keegan are both on the floor it’s typically Keegan unless the other forward is so strong Keegan might be outmatched. In that case Barnes takes that player.

But at 116.6 Barnes has the worst defensive rating on the team. And at + 1.4 his defensive rating isn’t great either. Kessler is much better in both cases so it’s a puzzle why Brown didn’t use him.
The issue with Kessler is that unlike Keon I don’t think he has enough of a feel for offense to make up for replacing one of our smarter role players on that end (whose numbers have also quietly came back up to right around what they’ve always been since that bad start he had to the season) whereas even in the g-league it was always pretty evident that Keon could do some stuff as a secondary ballcarrier with extremely efficient shooting splits.

You and I get along and while I think his HB comments while directionally correct are over the top ….. he hasn’t attacked another poster.

I’m not sure why the rainbows crowd feels it’s okay to attack another poster merely for having a negative take on a player. Nor why the guy who didn’t attack another poster gets banned.
IMO hot takes are best left for Twitter. When 90 percent of your posts are some version of “Barnes sucks” it doesn’t feel like a meaningful and sincere contribution to the discussion.

having said that, I should have just ignored the comments and moved on. Lesson learned.

You calling people the "rainbows crowd" and getting defensive for posters standing up for an actual argument and good discourse is very concerning.

These people get called out because they say just say crap without any sort of qualifying evidence. Where I respect you, is when you call things out, you at least have some sort of qualifer as to why you hold that opinion. I disagree heavily on a lot of things we talk about, but we can actually have a reasonable basketball discussion with good discourse. I leave our conversations thinking about differing viewpoints, which, is good. But if you're not going to let people challenge opposing viewpoints and cry "attack", then there's really no point to a message board.

That dude who makes the "A year wasted thanks to Monte", "Are we going to acknowledge how bad Huerter has been" without any sort of argument deserves to be ridiculed and called out. There's posters that wait for a loss and come in here and say "LOLZ I KNEW IT ALL ALONG, WE SUCK HAHAHAH" type of nonsense and they just rag on whoever their least favorite player, coach or GM is and claim what a waste of space those guys are.

Slab is of course the exception because that dude just loves to be 0-100 as a fan of his sports teams. But he's actually a fan and has shown he likes this team (sometimes)

I tangle with these guys and they get mad at me because their argument dies literally after one post and asking them to qualify and back up the statement they made. And then I get accused of "attacking" them, when I never resort to personal attacks and then they try and attack me.

Last edited:
Fox please stop taking so many lazy off the dribble 3 pointers. You're just giving possessions away by the handful when you do this.
In fairness, that’s become a part of today’s NBA unfortunately.

I see it multiple times a game in pretty much every game. And seemingly more so down the stretch by the team trailing by multiple possessions. Not all off-the-dribble, but forced nonetheless. I just watched the Warriors shoot themselves out of the game late today against Minnesota.

This KINGS team often gets lazy regardless whether up or down by multiple possessions.

The issue with Kessler is that unlike Keon I don’t think he has enough of a feel for offense to make up for replacing one of our smarter role players on that end (whose numbers have also quietly came back up to right around what they’ve always been since that bad start he had to the season) whereas even in the g-league it was always pretty evident that Keon could do some stuff as a secondary ballcarrier with extremely efficient shooting splits.
I’m not talking about the whole game. I’m talking about the end of the game where we need a stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.