[Game] Kings @ Los Angeles Lakers, 3/6/2024, 7:30p PT/10:30p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trey was doing something very special I guess. Brown rode him just about the entire half with no rest lol.

Which is weird because HB wasn’t having a bad game.

Hachimura had 29 points.

I remember he made a few threes but that had to have been the least noticeable 29 points on 13-17 shooting Ive seen in awhile.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The game started to turn in the first half with the defensive play of Ellis. Mitchell continued with very good play; he's looked consistently good with his decision making and shot for several games now. Monk was also very instrumental in turning the game. Fox got going after the momentum had turned. I didn't like that Fox took 32 shots or that it was the Fox ego-show in the 4th quarter that contributed to the Lakers coming back to make the game relatively close. It would have been nice if he would have run the offense and provided some nice looks for his teammates.

We won a game that the opposing team shot 46 percent from 3. We shot 38. Crazy!

one nit pick. Can we go on a stretch of 40 percent from 3? It feels like we barely ever get over 40 percent. Seems like it happens once ever 5 games or so. We are built to shoot and we need to make them at a much higher clip. Hard to do when two of our best 3 point shooters are so streaky (KVon and especially Keegan. If that first one doesn’t fall it a 1-6 night for Keegs far too often)

Seems like Mike found something with the three guard lineup with Keon playing the three. Basically what he has been looking for with the Duarte minutes.

That Fox-Monk-Keon-Lyles-Len lineup played some great minutes in both halves. We also saw similar version of Mitchell-Monk-Keon-Keegan-Sabonis. That one make me a bit more nervous because of the lack of firepower if Monk isn't on, but they played some great D and bought us some good Fox-less minutes.

The recipe of Keon and Monk, playing with a point guard, stretch 4, and a big, is a lot of fun. I really hope Brown comes back to that in future games.

Last edited:
Seems like Mike found something with the three guard lineup with Keon playing the three. Basically what he has been looking for with the Duarte minutes.

That Fox-Monk-Keon-Lyles-Len lineup played some great minutes in both halves. We also saw similar version of Mitchell-Monk-Keon-Keegan-Sabonis. That one make me a bit more nervous because of the lack of firepower if Monk isn't on, but they played some great D and bought us some good Fox-less minutes.

The recipe of Keon and Monk, playing with a point guard, stretch 4, and a big, is a lot of fun. I really hope Brown comes back to that in future games.
If he has found something he will probably just mix things up again in 3 or 4 games. It is so abundantly clear that Keon needs 15 to 20 min a game….every game. It doesn’t need to be either/or with him and Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.