[Game] Kings @ Los Angeles Clippers, 2/25/2024, 6:30p PT/9:30p ET (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand this point from you.

Yes, we need Fox to be a top 10 player to be successful. Why is that bad? He's capable, he has the talent and he's got enough around him that if he performs like this, we can go beat anybody.

I get you've been beating the drum for to add another high USG player, but it really just does not make any sense. The goal should be to put Fox and Domas in as good a place as we can support wise and let them take this thing as high as they can. I don't want the ball out of their hands; I want guys around them that make them better and give them a chance to go win playoff series.
Really, what was your and many others take during his slump when he was worn down and deferring? It's all about the timing. That's what he's doing. He's carrying the team when things get shaky. That is the point. Putting the team on his back. Beyond numbers. The issue moving on is doing that in 4 straight 7 game series. That's when your help rises or falls so we'll see.

Coach Brown was fantastic tonight as well. I noticed when we were up 22-18, Fox came out and the Clips immediately went on a 7-0 run Coach put Fox right back in and we took the lead again. The attention to detail from everyone involved was beautiful to watch tonight and that’s a great sign, seeing as how this game felt like playoff basketball.

Really, what was your and many others take during his slump when he was worn down and deferring? It's all about the timing. That's what he's doing. He's carrying the team when things get shaky. That is the point. Putting the team on his back. Beyond numbers. The issue moving on is doing that in 4 straight 7 game series. That's when your help rises or falls so we'll see.
I don't think he was worn down, I think he's been dealing with a shoulder injury, which many of us predicted he was going through some sort of injury that was hampering his game.

I still don't understand what this means. It's his job to carry this team. You want to be called a franchise player, an All-NBA talent, a top 10 player? You better damn well carry the team night in and night out. Steph/Jokic/Shai/Luka/Giannis/LeBron/Embiid don't get the luxury of having bad months.

The good news is he's done that for a good chunk of the season. But what has to go away are those just utterly trash games where it'd almost be better if he were off the floor. He can't disappear in games; ever, if you want to be included in the elite of the elite in the NBA.

That's where I think Domas has surpassed him this season. His consistency is just utterly remarkable and the fact that even if the team is going through a down-turn or not giving energy, he's out there grinding and continuing to put up huge numbers. I want Fox to develop that mindset as well; you don't get games off.

Not sure what the discussion is currently cuz I’m still hyped over this win, but, Fox so clearly needed the break and doesn’t seem to be laboring in any way like he was in January. I think two things can be true here in regards to his inconsistency during that month of play in particular. We also have to remember he was winning games for us those first two months of the year, while we had two starters literally giving us nothing. We’d be top two in the west if this version of Huerter and HB showed up earlier in the season, but I’m not mad at them coming out to play now that it matters most.

I don't think he was worn down, I think he's been dealing with a shoulder injury, which many of us predicted he was going through some sort of injury that was hampering his game.

I still don't understand what this means. It's his job to carry this team. You want to be called a franchise player, an All-NBA talent, a top 10 player? You better damn well carry the team night in and night out. Steph/Jokic/Shai/Luka/Giannis/LeBron/Embiid don't get the luxury of having bad months.

The good news is he's done that for a good chunk of the season. But what has to go away are those just utterly trash games where it'd almost be better if he were off the floor. He can't disappear in games; ever, if you want to be included in the elite of the elite in the NBA.

That's where I think Domas has surpassed him this season. His consistency is just utterly remarkable and the fact that even if the team is going through a down-turn or not giving energy, he's out there grinding and continuing to put up huge numbers. I want Fox to develop that mindset as well; you don't get games off.
In theory yes, but physicality matters, and comparing him to players that are twice as big and more likely to absorb contact with less negative effects isn't realistic. Fox nearly made it all last season without the injury bug, but this is something you gameplan for long term especially with a 180 pound player that you need to headhunt almost every night to have a chance. Fox's shoulder didn't mysteriously heal in 5 days. I think there is some level of energy conservation going on as well. And G's do tend to have "bad months" more than bigger players. Curry shot 41% in december and only put up around 24 ppg. It happens.

Coach Brown was fantastic tonight as well. I noticed when we were up 22-18, Fox came out and the Clips immediately went on a 7-0 run Coach put Fox right back in and we took the lead again. The attention to detail from everyone involved was beautiful to watch tonight and that’s a great sign, seeing as how this game felt like playoff basketball.
Exactly, it is also great timing to put back Fox in when 16 point lead is lost to 11 with less than 3 min left. He immediately cools them down and nails the last nails to their coffin.

the Thunder are insane right now. I check their box score every game and they are shooting 40+ from 3 every damn time. It’s crazy. I keep waiting for that level of shooting to collapse but it just hasn’t.
This feels like a season where whatever team puts that last run together to end the season could end up 4 spots higher than where they were just before.

What a great win…. ESPN announcers really clueless. It was kind of like they were just barely watching the game. I love the talk about Domas assist stats like they are inflated and as their example reference a clear fast break assist (calling it a hockey assist at first for some reason). I will have to rewatch this one later with our local broadcast.
That is so gross and embarrassing. Slobbering on the clippers of all franchises to crap on any other team is just weird, i don’t care what city they play in. You can’t downplay a team good enough to be top 5 in this western conference (for the majority of the season btw) Shameful indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.