[Game] Kings @ Los Angeles Clippers, 2/25/2024, 6:30p PT/9:30p ET (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thrilled with the likely win, but the Clippers bias amongst the announcers, refs, and studio crew all night has been shameful.
Screw em.

I think we need to get our "us against the world" mentality back. That underdog trying to punch up with the established powers of the league. Fox absolutely had the "You go to hell first" mentality and was going right at the Clippers. That Powell play really sticks out in my mind; gets scored on defense and just takes the ball himself, gets in the post and scores right back on him. That's the killer mindset that wins in the playoffs.

Great win. No PG13, getting whooped last time, you have to come out with that one. Fox still doing what he has to for this season to have a positive outcome.
I still don't understand this point from you.

Yes, we need Fox to be a top 10 player to be successful. Why is that bad? He's capable, he has the talent and he's got enough around him that if he performs like this, we can go beat anybody.

I get you've been beating the drum for to add another high USG player, but it really just does not make any sense. The goal should be to put Fox and Domas in as good a place as we can support wise and let them take this thing as high as they can. I don't want the ball out of their hands; I want guys around them that make them better and give them a chance to go win playoff series.

And we've seen how pedestrian we look when Fox plays poorly (by his standards). Probably still a playoff team, but one that's playoff fodder for just about anybody. When he's locked in, I think we got the horses around him now that we can go toe to toe with just about anybody in the West.

It's starts with him and Domas playing like this 90% of the time. He just can't take games off anymore if we want to be a second round playoff team and above. He's got be right there with Domas showing up at a top 10 level game in and game out.

Some people forget the Clips basically added another hall of famer for nothing this past summer. We matched up well with them last season and i feel like it was super tough to adjust to that added wrinkle this year. It felt really good to see how our team responded, particularly on the defensive end tonight. The focus was different.

Status
Not open for further replies.