Kings hire Jim Gray for sideline reporting next season

Now just replace Gary Gerould with Jim Rome and the Kings would have the all star team of annoying broadcast talent.

Jim Gray? They guy whose well known to have his lips permanently attached to Kobe's cheeks!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Will they sell courtside seats with special "Punch Jim Gray in the mouth" benefits? I'd gladly pay top dollar for a pair of those.

What happened to the funny comment about Jim Gray the Turing Award winner? That was classic dry humor at it's best. Nicely played!

Just don't let him interview Pete Rose if he's ever sitting courtside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4fmEbgKeh0

I always thought Jim was NBC's little ***** from the cracker jack school of broadcasting...now we have to put up with him for 82 games covering the Kings?!? And WHY did they get rid of Kozimor?? I can't WAIT to see Jimmy at the draft lottery party!!:D

Last edited:
I never thought I would see the day where Grant: (1) didn’t have the biggest ego; (2) wasn’t the biggest jerk; (3) fill in the blank, on Kings’ broadcasts. I am stunned.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I suppose this must be taken as a hopeful sign, with the economy on the upswing and the team having found its superstar, that the Maloofs are opening up the books a bit again after that scary drawback last year.

Love jim gray or hate him he will bring crediability to kings broadcasts and the guy is a great interviewer and knows his sports. For those of you who dislike him don't worry he will only be on the sidelines for 20 of the 82 games next year, but he will be doing other special interviews for kings broadcasts.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I applaud this move by the Maloofs. Hey, they're trying here, and like him or not, Jim Gray is a big name in terms of sideline reporters.

As far as the beautiful Kayte goes, I would hope she sticks around in a different role. I would be all for replacing Reynolds with Kayte as the color analyst, next to Grant. I know most don't like Grant here, but I don't mind him. If Grant sticks to play by play, and Kayte is the analyst, that would be great IMO.

Love jim gray or hate him he will bring crediability to kings broadcasts and the guy is a great interviewer and knows his sports. For those of you who dislike him don't worry he will only be on the sidelines for 20 of the 82 games next year, but he will be doing other special interviews for kings broadcasts.
Yeah, because the number 1 priority for the kings this offseason is adding credibility to the BROADCASTING TEAM FOR SIDELINE REPORTS.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm not a big fan of Gray's. I can take him or leave him. I thought Kayte did a great job last year and I'll miss her. Its reported that she will no longer be a part of the Kings organization.. Too bad. She's forgotten more about basketball than Gray will ever know.

Ah, the Maloofs. Decided Angela Tsai would be a good sideline reporter. Now they get rid of Katie for Jim Gray. Maybe it's time they stoped tinkering and focus on other areas.

We know the Maloofs are tight with Jim. I don't get the idea of spending more money to get somebody the fans like less.

Every time I see Jim Gray doing a report, I will be doing one of the following:

-pressing the mute button
-using the bathroom
-taking a looooooooooooong halftime walk around the block
-watching Kayte on YouTube
-yelling, "OVER-RATED!"
-shaking my head in disbelief
-reading Pete Rose's autobiography
-using my homemade Jim Gray dart board
-reading kingsfans.com to see what other people are doing when Jim is on
-missing Koz even more