kings haven't won in dallas since the 02 season

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
More correctly, the Kings haven't won in Dallas since the 2003 playoffs. Not a series many of us look back upon fondly for obvious reasons.

big measuring stick games upcoming. Should have won that OKC game but the loss was a learning experience. Dallas is stacked and look good on paper if we play consistent perimeter D - they love the 3 ball and Demarcus starts well - his matchup against chandler will be interesting, it will be a great game.

Dallas retooled one more time this season, and so far their main addition, Chandler Parsons, is hot and cold with cold being the latest. He's rumored to be battling some kind of virus. As we saw in OKC a lot will be decided by the way the stripes are whistling. Allowed mugging just throws off the rhythm and gives the other team confidence. Also they need to get back that hunger, they showed in LA vs Clippers.

Dallas is 27 in defense and we match up well with them.
Cousins vs chandler last year
19-14 ( 7-13), 32-14 ( 10-15)
Gay vs Parsons
25-5 (9-19), 26-6 ( 19-16)

They don't have a pg that would give us problems Nelson takes bad shots Harris is average. If chandler gets in foul trouble there in trouble no depth behind him and there defense gets worse.

I hope DMC isn't guarding Dirk. Dirk is probably the second best player in the NBA, after Harden, to draw fouls. DMC should avoid foul trouble before Q4 as much as possible. Otherwise I think W is very realistic but requires defensive commitment.

There is no way DMC will be guarding Nowitzki. My brain struggles to imagine Boogie following Dirk around on the perimeter.
I have high hopes for JT!:) Also, maybe Hollins can be useful in this game (at least he has 6 fouls to give).

There is no way DMC will be guarding Nowitzki. My brain struggles to imagine Boogie following Dirk around on the perimeter.
I have high hopes for JT!:) Also, maybe Hollins can be useful in this game (at least he has 6 fouls to give).
JT has had some success in the past on Dirk. This will be a good matchup for both teams. I think that Dallas will be exposed inside and the Kings need to guard the perimeter to avoid being shot out of the game. I think the Kings rebound from the OKC bump in the road and win in Dallas.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I mentioned this in the game thread that we haven't won there in over a decade! unreal....they've been close on certain occasions but more often than not they have been losing by double digits down there in the big D.