[Game] Kings @ Cleveland Cavaliers, 2/5/2024, 4:00p PT, 7:00p ET

How many games will we win in our 11-game Death Stretch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to relitigate a series from 22 years ago but the refs didn't cause the Adelman offense to crumble in Game 7.
No but they did cause the Kings to lose game six and therefore we should have advanced against a team with two of the top 15 players of all time in their prime which proves my point that Adelman's offense was considerably more dynamic and effective, relatively speaking, than our offense.

It's unfortunate that you were so offended by my comment on Brown that you lost your ability to communicate.

Is it though - in a relative sense? Be honest.
Honestly, you're being ridiculous. You really, genuinely believe that after 600+ games as an NBA player, 700+ games as an NBA coach, and 2 COTY awards, Mike Brown isn't SMART enough to design whatever-the-hell kind of offense he wants? And, since coaching is a team affair, that he and the entire coaching staff aren't SMART enough?

Am I though? I think we can all agree Game 6 was terrible but most of Game 7 was the Kings' own doing. Reeeeeeally not sure why we're going down this rabbit hole tonight.
Because we win game six as we should have and it proves how incredible exceptionally this team - and the coaching - was. Not hard to understand if you want to and are not in your emotional brain because of a comment.

This offense could be more dynamic by not relying on the three so much, and not relying on isos so much and particularly Fox or Monk to create. If we were a real offense, a la Carill or Adelman, we would be able to create buckets as a team even when we go cold shooting the three.

This is absolutely not a controversial take but you all are so hyper emotional that you get so ding offended when anyone tells you the truth.

Our offense is at most two dimensional: threes and iso. It's a paper tiger propped up by the the current league fads/rules.
We pass more than anyone in the league at 310.8 per game. The next closest are the Raptors at 304.2 per game.

We have 2 of the most unselfish stars in basketball and one of the best offensive maestros in Domas in basketball.

We very rarely just clear out and let Fox/Monk go ISO. Of course there's situations that call for that, but we're also one of the lowest frequency ISO teams in the NBA. (26th in NBA).

In contrast:

Transition: 7th
Spot up: 12th
DHO: 1st (over 3.5% higher than the next closest team)
Cut: 4th
Off-Screen (so off-ball screen?): 29th
PnR Ball Handler: 30th
PnR Roll man: 27th
Post-up: 18th

ISO: 26th

You are right, we do shoot a lot of 3s. 4th highest rate in the NBA, 13th in 3pt % at 37%. Although the difference between us and 1st is 2.3%, so not a super wide delta there. I would add we're 7th in eFG%, as well, only behind Indy, Milwauke, OKC, LAC, PHX and Bos. All of which people very much consider elite offenses.

So I'll ask again, what's not dynamic here? This looks like a Domas centric offense where we're working DHO, finding cutters, finding shooters, getting out in transition. Us not being a PnR team does make sense because Fox isn't the best PnR passer and Domas isn't really a lob threat. Although I would like to see more of it, just to get Domas the ball while he's moving for some easier looks. Anecdotally, he seems to really have a lot of success in that playtype. Basically this EXACTLY proves how dynamic our offense is, since we don't just rely on a single play-type or rely on one guy to go create in ISO situations.

Or in other words, the total opposite to whatever it is you're trying to argue.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
No but they did cause the Kings to lose game six and therefore we should have advanced against a team with two of the top 15 players of all time in their prime which proves my point that Adelman's offense was considerably more dynamic and effective, relatively speaking, than our offense.

It's unfortunate that you were so offended by my comment on Brown that you lost your ability to communicate.
Judging by the reaction from pretty much everyone else on here tonight I'm not quite sure I'm the one who lost my ability to communicate?

Honestly, you're being ridiculous. You really, genuinely believe that after 600+ games as an NBA player, 700+ games as an NBA coach, and 2 COTY awards, Mike Brown isn't SMART enough to design whatever-the-hell kind of offense he wants? And, since coaching is a team affair, that he and the entire coaching staff aren't SMART enough?
He has some very clear limitations.

Things got out of hand, but what an incredible road trip overall. They’re talking about the schedule coming up but i hope the players don’t even think about it. Get home, rest, and take Detroit seriously so the tired legs won’t come back to bite you down the stretch. 10 games over .500 with this brutal schedule is just straight up impressive. Go Kings!

I'm a little concerned that Keegan is still having trouble finding a way to consistently impact the game when the Kings are on the road (Heat game being the exception), but going to have faith that he will continue to grow and figure it out

I'm a little concerned that Keegan is still having trouble finding a way to consistently impact the game when the Kings are on the road (Heat game being the exception), but going to have faith that he will continue to grow and figure it out
Just one of those "hat tip" games I think. Kings honestly didn't play bad and had decent defense for a solid portion of this game, but Cavs shot-making tonight was just incredible. Not often you get smoked when you yourself go 16-40 from 3.

Anyone noticed that barnes has been playing a lot better lately? I wonder whats change? Seems like they are making an effort to get him more shots and it just might be that that made the difference. Wonder why we didn't go to him earlier in the season. Kings are a better team when barnes is playing better.

Not having enough iso players and not being able to get a bucket outside of the system/whenever our shooters went cold is sorta what doomed those Adelman teams.
Adelman's team outperformed their collective talent by a wide margin relative to rest of the league and the only reason they didn't win the title is obvious corruption.

They were only beat by a team that had two of the top 15 players of all time because of the worst ref corruption scandal in the history of the league but go off king.

And by "king" in this context I mean completely incompetent poster - just so we are clear.

Anyone noticed that barnes has been playing a lot better lately? I wonder whats change? Seems like they are making an effort to get him more shots and it just be that that made the difference. Wonder why we didn't go to him earlier in the season. Kings are a better team when barnes is playing better.
Maybe it's just a seasoned vet ramping up the reps?

Adelman's team outperformed their collective talent by a wide margin relative to rest of the league and the only reason they didn't win the title is obvious corruption.

They were only beat by a team that had two of the top 15 players of all time because of the worst ref corruption scandal in the history of the league but go off king.

And by "king" in this context I mean completely incompetent poster - just so we are clear.
Sure, buddy, but "we" are the emotional ones here. It's okay to be wrong! It's how we grow as people.

Today was interesting. This is the first time a team has specifically changed up some of their gameplan to stop him and stop him they did. He went off early in the system plays and from then on they even started to soft double him on help before going back to man to man. If teams start doing that more it could open different looks for the team offensively.

They have losses to the Pelicans by 33 and 36. (Guess we'll call that a bad matchup for our Kings.)

Is tonight otherwise their biggest loss margin of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.