KHTK

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I listened to part 1 and 2 of Dave's interview with DMC. Pretty honest responses IMHO and the kinds of questions I as a fan wanted answers to. DMC didn't pull any punches.

Dave said at the outset that Boogie fans would love the interview and those who hate him probably wouldn't change their minds.

All I'm asking of people is that they actually sit and listen to the interview with an open mind. I think you'll appreciate his honesty if nothing else.

Thanks, Dave.

I listened to part 1 and 2 of Dave's interview with DMC. Pretty honest responses IMHO and the kinds of questions I as a fan wanted answers to. DMC didn't pull any punches.

Dave said at the outset that Boogie fans would love the interview and those who hate him probably wouldn't change their minds.

All I'm asking of people is that they actually sit and listen to the interview with an open mind. I think you'll appreciate his honesty if nothing else.

Thanks, Dave.
The interview part is fine - some topical questions replied to honestly, sprinkled in with fluff friendly questions to get Boogie talking at ease....

The problem is the second it jumps back to the trio of them commenting pontificating about the interview, its like they are acting like Judge, Jury, and Executioner on Boogie.

Who the hell deemed Nate Lord of All Things Kings?
Where the hell does he get off acting like he is the resident Master of Boogie, and it's his role to be as negative as he can about him at all times?

It's really a joke, what Nate sprays out of his mouth regarding Cousins nowadays.

Dave is the leader of the show, and he should be reigning Nate in, unless he likes keeping that same hyper-negative vibe that Napear's show has gone off the rails with (which flies in the face of Dave's constant "pro-Cousins stance" as well as his unprecedented access he got for this interview).

Kayte seems uncomfortable with Nate's constant diatribes against Cousins, since the few times I've listened in, she seldom seems to add in or comment on his takes.

The interview part is fine - some topical questions replied to honestly, sprinkled in with fluff friendly questions to get Boogie talking at ease....

The problem is the second it jumps back to the trio of them commenting pontificating about the interview, its like they are acting like Judge, Jury, and Executioner on Boogie.

Where the hell does he get off acting like he is the resident Master of Boogie, and it's his role to be as negative as he can about him at all times?

It's really a joke, what Nate sprays out of his mouth regarding Cousins nowadays.

Dave is the leader of the show, and he should be reigning Nate in, unless he likes keeping that same hyper-negative vibe that Napear's show has gone off the rails with (which flies in the face of Dave's constant "pro-Cousins stance" as well as his unprecedented access he got for this interview).

Kayte seems uncomfortable with Nate's constant diatribes against Cousins, since the few times I've listened in, she seldom seems to add in or comment on his takes.
Opinions can't be wrong, but man you and u disagree.

"Reign Nate in"? From what, saying what he thinks? What are we, North Korea? Shall we stifle all "negative" opinions?

Challenge his points. I may not agree with his sentiment all the time, but I understand his thinking. He even said yesterday he hates being the negative guy on DMC but it's his truth. And I'd be lying if I didn't admit that there's a chance HE is the right one and I'm delusional.

The only thing I can't handle on the radio are manufactured opinions that are there simply to create arguments. Other than that, just be real. Nate is being real. His points are valid. We just interpret things differently.

As far as "Lord of all things Boogie", are you not familiar with radio? It's his, and my, job to offer strong opinions. You may disagree, but we are supposed to and need to say what we think with conviction. That's our job.

I'll bet I know the answer to this- have you ever called in? If you have such an issue with Nate and think he's off base, why not challenge him on it? Challenge him on the logic, not on the fact that he didn't go out and dye himself purple.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The only problem with that, @carmichaeldave, is that you can't necessarily trust a radio host to not end your call before you finish making your point. Frankly, if there were anybody on the radio at KHTK that I would suspect as being likely to cut you off, and then keep trashing you after they kicked you off their show, I'd put Goodyear right behind Napear on that list.

Ummmm, Nate has an opinion on DMC, just like you do. It just happens that he has the opposite opinion of him (as do I). Does that make him a horrible person and you a saint because he has a different opinion than you do?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Opinions can't be wrong, but man you and u disagree.

"Reign Nate in"? From what, saying what he thinks? What are we, North Korea? Shall we stifle all "negative" opinions?

Challenge his points. I may not agree with his sentiment all the time, but I understand his thinking. He even said yesterday he hates being the negative guy on DMC but it's his truth. And I'd be lying if I didn't admit that there's a chance HE is the right one and I'm delusional.

The only thing I can't handle on the radio are manufactured opinions that are there simply to create arguments. Other than that, just be real. Nate is being real. His points are valid. We just interpret things differently.

As far as "Lord of all things Boogie", are you not familiar with radio? It's his, and my, job to offer strong opinions. You may disagree, but we are supposed to and need to say what we think with conviction. That's our job.

I'll bet I know the answer to this- have you ever called in? If you have such an issue with Nate and think he's off base, why not challenge him on it? Challenge him on the logic, not on the fact that he didn't go out and dye himself purple.
An interesting little challenge.

I have never once wasted my time calling into a radio show, let alone one in CA. However, while I have no doubt what would happen if I tried it with Grant, as he has both an ego and a reputation to protect, I am a little interested in who is sitting on the cutoff button on your show and who gets to make that call.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Tony Xypteras ‏@TonyXypteras 2m2 minutes ago
Cousins was asked what job he would never want to do if he was punished for eternity to do it, and he said 'probably work next to Ailene'

Tony Xypteras ‏@TonyXypteras 56s56 seconds ago
More Cousins on worst job ever: "If I had to look at her every day... her and Andy"

--------------------------------------------------------------

You may not like DeMarcus Cousins, but you cannot fault him for calling out his enemies. Good on him!!!

I have never once wasted my time calling into a radio show, let alone one in CA. However, while I have no doubt what would happen if I tried it with Grant, as he has both an ego and a reputation to protect, I am a little interested in who is sitting on the cutoff button on your show and who gets to make that call.
Really, the only way it would work (and be better radio) is if they invited someone into the studio to debate Nate's hyper-negative Cousins stances.

How about it, Dave?
We certainly don;t have manufactured opinions, we are real, and we would offer you strong opinions so that your sacrifices to the hyperbole gods would be appeased.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Cousins was asked what job he would never want to do if he was punished for eternity to do it, and he said 'probably work next to Ailene'

More Cousins on worst job ever: "If I had to look at her every day... her and Andy"

You may not like DeMarcus Cousins, but you cannot fault him for calling out his enemies. Good on him!!!
:eek:
:D

When did he make these remarks?

I am. And the ONLY time (as a former caller) I hang up on someone is if they are being douches. For example:

1. Yelling out of the gate

2. Not willing to have a conversation (talking over a counterpoint)

3. Abusive

4. Outlandish- saying things like "nobody wants" or "everyone knows". Pet peeve. Have you spoken to the entire fanbase? Taken a poll of each and every one of us? No? Then calm down.

Again, as a guy who started out calling, I have a special affinity for the radio caller. They have a home with me. Always have.

Really, the only way it would work (and be better radio) is if they invited someone into the studio to debate Nate's hyper-negative Cousins stances.

How about it, Dave?
We certainly don;t have manufactured opinions, we are real, and we would offer you strong opinions so that your sacrifices to the hyperbole gods would be appeased.

That's what the phone is for. I don't mind guests in studio, but you're also implying that I don't push back on the negative? I push back, but it doesn't mean Nate is WRONG. I'm not North Korea. All opinions welcome.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
All four parts of the interview are now up on the KHTK website. It's well worth your time (any interested Kings fans) to give them a listen. If you liked Boogie before, you'll like him even more once you listen to the interview. And Dave did an incredible job of being just who I wanted/expected him to be - a guy from Sacramento (okay, Carmichael) who knows a bit about the game of basketball and got an opportunity to ask the face of the franchise some good questions and get some honest answers in return.

Good on ya, Dave.

Is Andy, Andrew?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Some of the info we get about the Kings come from petty low life people with axes to grind hiding behind the fact they are newscasters of some sort. I appreciate solid news. It's a shame I have to know the biases of the sources of the info.

Some of the info we get about the Kings come from petty low life people with axes to grind hiding behind the fact they are newscasters of some sort. I appreciate solid news. It's a shame I have to know the biases of the sources of the info.
All I know is that the last person that AV had a vendetta against (and tried to run out of town), it was Adelman. We all know how well that worked out.

You know Dave, I haven't agreed with you recently, but it wasn;t until THIS POST that I actively lost respect for you.

This is one of the more disingenuous, and purposely misleading (playing dumb) posts I've ever read from someone who (for the most part) I believe usually puts together cogent thoughts.

Grant is impervious to "being killed" for anything he says.
He is the grand poobah of his domain - the BMOC of KTHK.
None of you have the balls, or internal clout, to call him on even the dumbest, pettiest, most incorrect statements he makes.

I believe the only thing stopping the players from calling him on his poopoo is that they don;t want to be seen as having beef with the Kings mouthpiece and biggest muckraker - hell, they have seen what vitriole and incessant abuse Grant has heaped on Demarcus for six straight years - what hope would THEY have against Grant's ire?

To be honest, your playing of Grant as a guy going against the fanbase and speaking up for the truth is disgusting, and infuriates me.

By definition, if Grant was remotely honest in his intentions, he wouldn;t be hiding behind his call screener and yell, abuse, and ridicule, then hang up on anyone who remotely questions his takes.

Do you know what "sycophant" means?
Go ahead - look it up, I'll wait.

Listen to any random broadcast of Grant's - his entire caller pool is made of of sycophants who echo his negative, Cuz-demonizing mindset.
Have you even listened to Grant without your blinders from your personal experiences with the man in place?

And to answer your shockingly-naive question, I'll tell you how Grant benefits from manipulating the fanbase to get Demarcus off the team:

Because as long as Demarcus is here, Boogie is the leader in the lockerroom through sheer talent alone - that makes him Big Dog in the lockerroom, and influences the other guys away from giving Grant interviews: how many times have you heard Demarcus, Rondo, Willie, or Rudy on Grant's show?

Having Demarcus on the team DECREASES Grant's control over the lockerroom and the organization.
He's made it blatantly clear, over 6 years of slander and manipulation of what callers get airtime, that he will stop at nothing to get Demarcus off this team.

And we all know that not having Demarcus on the team would make the team worse (see the past 6 years of evidence of one of the worst teams in the league without DMC) and we all know the Kings wouldn;t get equal trade back for him, so let's work to the logical conclusion, shall we?

Grant knowingly and actively is trying to make the Kings team WORSE by poisoning the fanbase against Demarcus to get him out of here, for his own personal gain, for his own petty agenda.

So don't you dare come on to a hardcore Kings fan board and pander to Grant and try to make it out like he's just looking out for the team and his version of the truth, while suffering slings and arrows saying it.

You friend, are the definition of Internet nutbag. I don't even know where to start, but it would lead me to a multi-day, sprawling all out type fest which would in no way sway your opinion.

Yes. Grant sees all. His co-workers and Kings players are afraid of him.

He oversees all, and his diabolical and evil plan to splinter the fanbase is at work here as we speak.

In fact he even has me, perhaps the most public and homerish defender of Demarcus Cousins, taking up for him because I'm afraid I'll get fired if I don't.

Jesus man. You need medication. I don't know what else to say to you. Meds.

I think CD is great for Kings fans and radio. The fact that he occasionally gets on here and banters with us gives the fan base a reminder that he came from where we are. CD, I do not always agree with you (realistically, Grant is the ONLY thing we disagree about as far as the Kings go) but I love your willingness to get on here and mix it up. Keep it up @carmichaeldave

I think CD is great for Kings fans and radio. The fact that he occasionally gets on here and banters with us gives the fan base a reminder that he came from where we are. CD, I do not always agree with you (realistically, Grant is the ONLY thing we disagree about as far as the Kings go) but I love your willingness to get on here and mix it up. Keep it up @carmichaeldave
Agreed. I value your closeness to the fans, @carmichaeldave . Keep it up.