KF - Official Fantasy Football League - 2008

By the way, I did some poking around regarding the advanced waiver setting and Yahoo offers those settings for the Plus leagues only.

Kinda lame that ESPN does it for free and Yahoo doesn't.

Oh well, depending on how this year goes, maybe I'll push for a site change for next season.

I think the Sunday-Thursday waiver makes things fair for everyone.

By the way, I did some poking around regarding the advanced waiver setting and Yahoo offers those settings for the Plus leagues only.

Kinda lame that ESPN does it for free and Yahoo doesn't.

Oh well, depending on how this year goes, maybe I'll push for a site change for next season.

I think the Sunday-Thursday waiver makes things fair for everyone.
Can you remember to bring this up for next season (I'll try and remember too), regarding maybe going to ESPN? And I agree, I think the waiver makes things fair for everyone as well, however, maybe Yahoo will have it next season.

I like Yahoo but will switch if that's what everyone wants... I like the idea of yahoo keeping track of all our records year to year, and scores.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I like Yahoo. People could always start a different league over at ESPN if they so desire. I don't see why the league would need or should be moved.

I used ESPN a couple years ago for my $$$ league and the only good thing about it is that you get to see the week's totals on Sunday night not in the wee hours of Monday morning...BUT, Yahoo has the Stat Tracker for $10 that lets you see ALL your teams scores...but you have to buy a whole package for like $50 over at ESPN. For that feature...I like Yahoo. :)

I'll be driving to the Warped Tour shortly after the start of the draft. I'll try and pick as many players as I can and rely on the rankings to help me the rest of the way. :(

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, that was interesting, to say the least.

Yahoo has certainly changed their format for drafting. It took me 20 minutes to get into the draft to begin with, and once I finally got there I was dumped three different times. Abysmal service, even allowing for my dial-up, which is actually working pretty well today.

Deep into the draft I have a player queued up, I get dumped and when I make it back the computer didn't pick the player in the queue. It picked Darrell Jackson as a "Keeper" selection.

???

Not real happy about that, to say the least.

/whining

Good luck one and all. It should be an interesting year!

:D

After my 5th pick my internet went out. My internet never goes out but it did today during the draft. Oh well, the few picks I had queued before that did get picked though.

Today seemed to be a snake-bitten draft day all the way around. I was also bumped from the draft during the 7th and 8th rounds because I temporarily lost power due to a severe thunderstorm afflicting the wretched city of Houston (where I've been cursed to live for the last year or so). Thankfully I had players I liked queued up when the power went out, but because of the power outage I auto-drafted Felix Jones and Ricky Williams just a little bit earlier than I probably would have drafted them otherwise...

So, far we have the following that has been brought up for discussion:

1. Waiver claim
2. Reduce QB TD from 6 points to 4 points
2. Reduce playoff teams from 8 to 6, so the top two teams get first round byes

C'mon people, let's start discussing these because by the time we start these discussion it will be draft time.
Looks like this is pretty much even, therefore, I'm going to keep the same settings unless people want to discuss this more.

Looks like this is pretty much even, therefore, I'm going to keep the same settings unless people want to discuss this more.
Thanks for hosting this great league again, Rockmeister, but if you want my bum nickel, I'd say that because we have already completed the draft, these rules should darned well remain in place.

I would say that in any fantasy league that I participated in (and just like a lot of y'all, I've participated in quite a few over the years), I would be hugely unhappy to see any peremptory changes made to league rules following the completion of that league's draft. Sure, managers and the commissioner should be able to debate and change as many rules as they want in a league- but only before the draft actually takes place.

Considering just how centrally and critically important any fantasy league's scoring rules necessarily inform individual manager's drafting strategies, I would consider it to be a dreadful act to shift the sand under the collective feet of the league by changing fundamental league rules that folk's would have earlier based their drafts upon, and I'd further say that such an action would inevitably open dire questions about the essential fairness of the league. The only real way to fairly change rules after a draft is to burn the league and redraft, and I doubt many folks really want to contemplate something like that...

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting this great league again, Rockmeister, but if you want my bum nickel, I'd say that because we have already completed the draft, these rules should darned well remain in place.

I would say that in any fantasy league that I participated in (and just like a lot of y'all, I've participated in quite a few over the years), I would be hugely unhappy to see any peremptory changes made to league rules following the completion of that league's draft. Sure, managers and the commissioner should be able to debate and change as many rules as they want in a league- but only before the draft actually takes place.

Considering just how centrally and critically important any fantasy league's scoring rules necessarily inform individual manager's drafting strategies, I would consider it to be a dreadful act to shift the sand under the collective feet of the league by changing fundamental league rules that folk's would have earlier based their drafts upon, and I'd further say that such an action would inevitably open dire questions about the essential fairness of the league. The only real way to fairly change rules after a draft is to burn the league and redraft, and I doubt many folks really want to contemplate something like that...
My apologies if I didn't word it better. I appreciate your comments even if you are a Mavs fan ;), however, I don't think anything is going to change now that the draft is completed. We've been doing this league a long time and have almost the same people participating for as long and we haven't had any issues. I will say if something really "drastic" comes up and needs to be discussed, we shall discuss it at that time, however, its very highly unlikely. I hope this clears it up.

My apologies if I didn't word it better. I appreciate your comments even if you are a Mavs fan ;), however, I don't think anything is going to change now that the draft is completed. We've been doing this league a long time and have almost the same people participating for as long and we haven't had any issues. I will say if something really "drastic" comes up and needs to be discussed, we shall discuss it at that time, however, its very highly unlikely. I hope this clears it up.
Hey, no problem, Rockmeister, and I do apologize if I sounded a tad bit too emphatic in my above post. I guess my blood runs just little too hot when it comes to issues of fantasy sports competition ;) ...

EXCELLENT first week.. In the big dog league came from behind to win, and my pops got the highest points total.. In the Kingsfans league I got the highest MUAH!

Crazy because next week I am sure I will lose lol.

I like Yahoo's Fantasy Football, but I really wish they would add the waiver setting. It would make it fair for teams that are struggling. Ok, I'm off my soap box.

Hey yall..

I know a lot of you don't have a ton of time which is cool when it comes to changing players that are last minute scratches.. Sometimes I miss it because I sleep in Sundays..

but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you are at least changing out your BYE week players if you have an alternative player..

Last edited:
Thank You!

It was a very competitive league this year.

Thanks everyone for playing and thanks to the Rockmeister for taking the time and effort to organize everything!!