Keon Ellis

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

5 blocks from a 6’3”/6’4” guard is insane. And they were all clean blocks too
For some reason Google's search bots got this wrong and have been misleading people all season... Keon Ellis is 6'3.5" barefoot according to his official draft measurements so his NBA height is closer to 6'5" in shoes (which is how all other NBA heights are listed). It's still a monster game from him, no doubt, give or take an inch.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It's obvious from watching the games that the Kings have looked better on defense lately and Keon Ellis is a big part of that but, pedant that I am, I just can't help but point out that this team's PPG-allowed going down over their last 5 games is pretty misleading if there's no mention of the corresponding extreme change in officiating which has caused the average PPG to go down across the entire league. This is the 4th day in a row that multiple teams have failed to score 100 points. That would have been almost unheard of 2 months ago. And "not letting opponents shoot over 50%" is faint praise in any context.

It may just be that we're defending the same way we have been all season only now teams aren't being gifted tons of free throws that they didn't earn? Also... stats are dumb and people should be making better arguments.

Big thing that stands out is he turned all these defensive stops into possessions for us. Like Dwight Howard would be famous for like swatting a block out of bounds... like what's the point? The whole purpose of good defense is to turn that into extra offensive possessions for your team.

I'm not sure how we keep him out of the starting lineup at this point. Missing the 1st and 3rd quarter starting rotations seems like a huge misuse of his defensive skill-set. We want him out there, defending the starters to make him as valuable as possible.