Karma for Anaheim: Angels ponder move to City of Industry

http://www.dailynews.com/breakingne...-angels-industry-majestic-realty-angels-talks

INDUSTRY - Angels officials have had preliminary talks about moving the Major League Baseball franchise from Anaheim to Industry, according to a source with close ties to Industry City Hall.

The team's lease at Angel Stadium in Anaheim is up in 2016, and the Angels at that time would either have to renew their agreement until 2029 or move to a new home....

I wouldn't doubt this at all. Art Moreno, the owner of the Angels pissed off Anaheim with that BS name change to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. He loves Anaheim the same way the Maloofs love Sacramento.

Truth is that the Maloofs would do the same thing to Anaheim in a heartbeat.

The Angels front office is just doing what's typical of owners: lighting a fire cracker under the butts of City Hall. The Angels' lease expires in 4 years. Its their way of getting the city of Anaheim to start talking NEW STADIUM. The Angels aren't moving anywhere. Anaheim will get a brand new stadium even if they don't need one. Angels Stadium is a jewel of a park and perfectly located. Arte should address our horrendous bullpen and a few other issues like third base and catching :p while he watches the A's in the playoffs.

Tanana and Ryan... and 2 days of cryin.'

Go Angels!!!!!!!!!

The Angels front office is just doing what's typical of owners: lighting a fire cracker under the butts of City Hall. The Angels' lease expires in 4 years. Its their way of getting the city of Anaheim to start talking NEW STADIUM. The Angels aren't moving anywhere. Anaheim will get a brand new stadium even if they don't need one. Angels Stadium is a jewel of a park and perfectly located. Arte should address our horrendous bullpen and a few other issues like third base and catching :p while he watches the A's in the playoffs.

Go Angels!!!!!!!!!
Of course that is what his minimum goal would be. But don't ignore the fact that he changed the team name to include LA. LA = astronomical $$$ when it comes to team value and media contracts as has become so clear these days. Moreno would dump Anaheim like a hot rock if he could wedge his way deeper into the LA market.

Didn't Moreno also meet with AEG about a downtown LA baseball stadium not long ago?

Go Angels!!!!!!!!!
LOL. I remember those days of the late 70's. The Giants of the early 90's had sayings like that too. "Burkett and Swift" then pray for a snow drift or "Burkett and Black", everything else out of whack.

As for the Angels, I agree in that the location and stadium are perfect. I can only guess that when the lease is up, Moreno will want to get rid of the "of Anaheim" and just call his team the "Los Angeles Angels".

Speaking of Anaheim and AEG, I'm thinking that there could be a silver lining for us. Possibly. If the Hansen and VB rumors are all hot air and it remains a battle between Sacramento and Anaheim, I wonder if the new owners of AEG will come to their senses and finally get rid of that stupid 2 NBA team format at Staples with the Clippers and Lakers. Here's how it could help us.

We know that Buss doesn't want the Kings in Anaheim.

We know that the hot rumor is that Patrick Soon-Shiong (sp?) is going to buy AEG. He currently owns 10% of the Lakers but it will go up to 35% if acquires AEG since they own 25% of the team.

We know that the Clipper lease is up in 2 years.

Maybe Buss can talk his business partner into not renewing the lease with the Clippers. That would force them to Anaheim and would obviously then make Anaheim a dead end for the Maloofs.............