Karl's agent wants Bobby Jackson fired

I believe it was written here somewhere that Bobby J should get a raise.........I concur!!!!! At least give the guy a hefty bonus for having the guts to speak his mind AND FOR BEING RIGHT IF I MAY BE SO PRESUMPTUOUS!!!!!

Is Bobby a reporter or does he work for the Kings? If he works for the Kings it would be rather stupid of him to say stupid things about the organization. People would tend to think he speaks for the organization... Right?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Is Bobby a reporter or does he work for the Kings? If he works for the Kings it would be rather stupid of him to say stupid things about the organization. People would tend to think he speaks for the organization... Right?
His sentiments were echoed by a lot of Kings fans. Not all of course, but a lot. Were they stupid things to say or just uncomfortable truths? The coach is usually held accountable in some way when the team nosedives from just playing poorly to "wash my eyes out with bleach so I don't have to watch this anymore" levels of ineptitude. He could have framed those comments in a more diplomatic manner of course. Others would have. But that's not his personality, he's a guy who speaks his mind. If we didn't expect that from him as an organization than we shouldn't have hired him. I don't think he's going to get disciplined for this, though those are going to be some cold glares whenever he and George Karl brush shoulders in the hallway.

Also Grant Napear is a much more public face and voice for the Kings organization and he's been making inflammatory remarks about players, coaches, and agents for years without reprimand (mostly players). The owners have always been treated with utmost respect though (even when they didn't deserve it) so I suppose that tells you who's writing the checks.

A prominent coaching agent, LeGarie also represents D'Antoni and quickly recalls Worthy’s criticisms. He said analysts’ criticism can have real impact.

“They condition their audience, which ultimately influences the management,” he said.

LeGarie pointed out that Jackson is close to Vlade Divac and Peja Stojakovic, former teammates and two of the top three decision-makers in Sacramento. “It's way more transparent when you know the cast of characters involved and way more obvious then,” LeGarie said. “Except to the fans who take what they say as gospel.”
Fascinating that a professional agent thinks that broadcasters can affect public opinion, and influence the management.

I remember distinctly being told that what Grant Napear says can't affect the management by multiple people on this very board..... looks like they've got egg on their face. ;)

Fascinating that a professional agent thinks that broadcasters can affect public opinion, and influence the management.

I remember distinctly being told that what Grant Napear says can't affect the management by multiple people on this very board..... looks like they've got egg on their face. ;)
Winning the hearts and minds of everyone including the Fans is the first step in a successful program. Mike Malone understood this and this is exactly why PDA and Mully did what they did. Yes I know it was Vivek, but do you honestly think Vivek would have shown Malone the door if PDA and Mully had not stabbed Mike in the back then stood by gleefully watching????

It's to the point now where I won't be surprised by anything that happens. Hell, we could sign Kenny Thomas as our new GM and Quincy Douby as our new Head Coach and I wouldn't bat an eye. But this??? George Karl's agent coming out and calling for Bobby's dismissal? Welcome to the MonkeyHouse.
Mateen could be the director of player personnel, and I still wouldn't understand what's going on.

For a world that's supposed to value diversity and individualism, it seems like we only like those attributes when they fit into a neat little box. I applaud those that aim to be a square block, not a round peg. Tell it like it is Bobby, enough of this cookie cutter, PC BS. Keep those edges Bobby, don't let them round you off. The world needs more straight shooters

dude12

Hall of Famer
Not long ago Bobby was making reference to Karl and his staff not spending any time in camp working on defense. Called Karl out back then too. Look we are just fans with opinions and there is some good insight or opinions on both sides of the Cousins ledger or Karl ledger whether e you agree or not but when former players such as Bobby and Christie are lambasting the coaching staff......that should clue every one in.