Jrue to the Celtics!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Mavs would be FOOLISH to trade lord and savior O-Max for anything.
If they were to trade for Time Lord, they probably would be better off trading Derek Lively than O-Max just based on their depth chart alone. If I were the Blazers, I’d probably try keeping Bob anyways though

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That 2029 Celtics unprotected first could be a good one, considering how much they have invested in Zinger and Holiday at this point.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also the Celtics turned
Williams/Horford
Tatum/Grant Williams
Brown/
White
Smart/Brogdan

into
Zinger/Horford/Queta
Tatum
Brown/Brisett
White/Walsh
Jrue/Prichard
And a few less first round picks

Which honestly feels like the most “shuffling deck chairs on the titanic” offseason possible. Jrue is a way better offensive player than Smart but I feel like that gets offset by the fact that Zinger is probably missing 50 games and Neemy is going to get stuck being the only healthy big on the roster by mid-January

Portland honestly did incredible with the Dame package. Not easy to trade a dude at his salary in the first place and getting 2 excellent young guys heading into their prime in Ayton/Bob Williams, 3 FRP and another trade chip in Brog, who you probably can get a late first for from somebody.

Love they didn't cave to the trash Miami offer.

I think Portland did very well for themselves and they’ll be competitive too. In a 30-35 win but fun to watch and good future way.

They have a good mix of great prospects(Scoot, Sharpe, Kris, Rupert), veterans(Grant, Brogdan, Thybulle) and high level young players about to enter their primes(Ayton, Simons, Williams). They can be fun to watch and surprise some people if somebody like Ayton takes a massive leap with a new role.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I think the Blazers became far more attractive to potential buyers after all this is done.

not that NBA teams are up for sale often but someone could easily come in now and be like the early Maloofs or Cuban … or they could come and be 2013 Vivek.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Now hopefully the Lakers or Clippers can't nab Brogdon for cheap or on some type of buyout. Not sure Brogdon would turn down that $$$ for a buyout though.

Also the Celtics turned
Williams/Horford
Tatum/Grant Williams
Brown/
White
Smart/Brogdan

into
Zinger/Horford/Queta
Tatum
Brown/Brisett
White/Walsh
Jrue/Prichard
And a few less first round picks

Which honestly feels like the most “shuffling deck chairs on the titanic” offseason possible. Jrue is a way better offensive player than Smart but I feel like that gets offset by the fact that Zinger is probably missing 50 games and Neemy is going to get stuck being the only healthy big on the roster by mid-January
I guess in the Celtics defense, if your current roster can only get somewhat close but can't get over the hump, then you might as well shuffle the deck chairs and see what happens because it probably wasn't going to happen anyway. I'm just not convinced what they currently have is better than what they had before. Even if Zinger stays healthy.