Josh Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shabazz916

Kings, pistons & 76ers

Kings trade d will to pistons, landry to sixers

Pistons trade josh smith to kings

Phili trades expiring contract of jason richardson to pistons.

Kings, pistons & 76ers

Kings trade d will to pistons, landry to sixers

Pistons trade josh smith to kings

Phili trades expiring contract of jason richardson to pistons.
why would philly do this?

every move they have done is to create capspace, take on temporary contracts and extract assets in every deal. landry is deadweight for 3 more years.

At this point you have to roll the dice. If the roster stays as is we win 30 games again and Gay takes the first flight out of town. If Smith can buy in to being the 3rd option or a Shawn Marion type, he has value as a defender, shotblocker, transition player. With Collison using his speed on the break, Gay and Smith would be deadly finishers on the wings with Stauskas providing shooting option.

S

Shabazz916

why would philly do this?

every move they have done is to create capspace, take on temporary contracts and extract assets in every deal. landry is deadweight for 3 more years.
phili needs a solid vet to go with all those young players

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
phili needs a solid vet to go with all those young players
I could see them going for JT rather than Landry though. He's a local guy, young enough to still be useful when they're in contention (then again, they're in the East so they're in playoff contention simply by having 12 breathing men on the roster), and gives them some form of insurance should Noel or Embiid have some issues with their rehabilitation.

If this push through, I hope we keep D-Will.
This will be a make or break season for him and my gut tells me he's gonna shine this season.
Imagine the dunk fest with D-Will, J-Smoove, and B-Mac. ouch!

I'd love to see Landry and either Terry or Williams (hopefully Terry) for Josh Smith.

That would still leave the team with Jason Thompson as the backup 4/5.

If JT is dealt the team is left without a legit backup C.
If PDA can somehow swap JT for Landry in the trade, that would be great. Don't know if Detroit would want Landry though.

There is a possibility they may prefer Landry, because he can give them more offensive punch, especially since Monroe has not resigned yet.

My preference would be to send Landry in the deal instead of JT, so Kings can keep JT as a super 3rd big.

Guys JT doesnt want to be here, he is mentally spent in Sacramento. He needs a change of scene or else it will be another season of JT on pins and needles. Landry is Vivek era King who will be chomping at the bit to have a bounceback season and live up to his contract. Landry is staying over JT, and will be here unless you are getting a good piece.

Guys JT doesnt want to be here, he is mentally spent in Sacramento. He needs a change of scene or else it will be another season of JT on pins and needles. Landry is Vivek era King who will be chomping at the bit to have a bounceback season and live up to his contract. Landry is staying over JT, and will be here unless you are getting a good piece.
I'd trade Landry for an old bar of soap

Woah, Josh Smith is only 28.
I thought he was much older, has been around for a while.
Now I am all for to bring him in.

If PDA manages to replace JT in that trade with Landry, I might soften on Reke/Landry debacle from last year. Guess that would be the move we were supposed to wait for since the last summer.

If the Kings get Smith, that will leave Malone with zero excuses on offense. That puts four decent playmakers on the floor plus Gay. If there is no ball movement, it calls into question Malone's offensive chops.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
But he can't under those circumstances. That's the problem. Its sorta Petrie thinking. You can't just stack 10 offensive players who use the same space, or 7 of them are wasted, don't get their shots, and never were good at the other things. Without Josh Smith, and with for instance Larry Sanders, Landry makes sense. There is a second post scorer hole to be filled, shots to go around in that scenario But once you add Josh Smith...well the starters are strained to breaking for shots, minutes for backups are scarce, and we have no size outside of Cousins. That's when JT and Reggie begin to factor back in as appropriate reserves.

Think of it this way. Josh Smith averages 35min a game. Cousins was up to 33 last year, and hopefully can get to 35 himself. That would leave about 26 total minutes for all backup bigs. In order for Landry to even have a chance of making an impact, he'd have to eat almost all of those backup minutes. Which means 3-big rotation, with Landry, an offensive player, constantly out there with either Cousins or Smith, also offensive shot munchers. And when he was out there with Smith, one of them would be playing center. Not good.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If the Kings get Smith, that will leave Malone with zero excuses on offense. That puts four decent playmakers on the floor plus Gay. If there is no ball movement, it calls into question Malone's offensive chops.
heh...not sure you are aware of Josh Smiths modern rep. :p

Most people outside of Sacto think we are completely nuts for doing this, and that it will mean we have absolutely no chance for ball movement at all with ball stoppers all over the lineup. They might be right.

There really isn't a suitable backup for Cousins or Gay in that proposed situation. I imagine the thinking is you get a serviceable big man once you get all the talent. (like Blatche, who is EEEEEEEk suspect as all hell.)

The idea is that game recognizes game and that someone of somewhat proven talent comes to Sacto as they see it as a playoff team. This goes into overdrive if Rondo comes into play, and let's make no mistake, this is part of a possible Rondo play.

Status
Not open for further replies.