Jordi Fernandez: New Brooklyn Nets coach

Congrats to Jordi, I wish him the best, actually I thought this would happen during last offseason with Jordi candidate for several teams (Raptors and Suns the one I recall) BUT I don't like the timing that this happened. Ofc it's not Jordi's fault but I would rather see the news come out in the offseason and not now, it's kind of a bit of a distraction just before the biggest game(s) of the season and if there are more from the staff involved even worse. At least it's a team from the East so we don't get to play against them so many times. Will the DPOG continue without him? In Denver they still do, awarding a golden and a silver chain in every match if I am not wrong.

Congrats to Jordi, I wish him the best, actually I thought this would happen during last offseason with Jordi candidate for several teams (Raptors and Suns the one I recall) BUT I don't like the timing that this happened. Ofc it's not Jordi's fault but I would rather see the news come out in the offseason and not now, it's kind of a bit of a distraction just before the biggest game(s) of the season and if there are more from the staff involved even worse. At least it's a team from the East so we don't get to play against them so many times. Will the DPOG continue without him? In Denver they still do, awarding a golden and a silver chain in every match if I am not wrong.
Honestly, I'd be surprised if it doesn't continue without him...

I think Jordi probably could've landed a better job, but he's a great hire for them. He could easily sneak his way up into one of the top coaches in the league if you give him some time
yeh it’s a tough situation over there. No control over their picks, no star and no real identity. Simmons contract comes off the books next year but I don’t know how you build out with what they have.

depends if Tsai actually lets them rebuild. They honestly could do it pretty quickly, almost all their core rotation guys are good pieces that probably bring back some value.

I hope we pursue a Huerter-DFS swap this summer. Think just makes a ton of sense for both teams.
The Nets need to blow it up. They’re a fringe play-in team and Mikal has come back down to earth and looks like a #3 guy. Not sure why they are so keen on keeping him. I know they’ve dealt with injuries this year, but a healthy Mikal led them to 32 wins…

The Nets need to blow it up. They’re a fringe play-in team and Mikal has come back down to earth and looks like a #3 guy. Not sure why they are so keen on keeping him. I know they’ve dealt with injuries this year, but a healthy Mikal led them to 32 wins…
To be fair, take Sabonis off the team, how many wins would the kings have with just fox leading the team?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
good for Jordi, will be interesting to see how much of a leash he has on that rebuilding squad. I thought they were going to go with coach Bud to be honest

the problem is Houston owns their picks for a couple more years so they can’t tank. That’s why the trade with Houston makes sense. I don’t know if the Rockets still offer that given Jalen Green’s strong finish to the year. If they would give him, one more surplus wing and a pick they should do it.