IT = Rumor of 3/24 offer from Pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, more praise for the great and mighty Thomas from our friends at cowbellkingdom:

Jonathan Santiago is ... wow. I love the argument that even if the rest of the league only offers him a smaller contract it's not because that's what he's worth, but because the entire NBA doesn't recognize his greatness just because IT is short.
made it 10 minutes into that video and stopped it cuz those guys are delusional. He is going to torch the kings no matter what when he comes back? LOL he can get 40 for all I care as long as we win. Just because he scores a lot of points doesn't mean his team will win. If he wants to come in and chuck shots if he plays us, he can be my guest. That said, if we can keep him for a bargain price(5-6 mill) or deal him in a S&T I'd do it because our worst nightmare imo is bleeding talent/assets. But to act like he is some basketball god who is just gonna come in and wreck the kings is ridiculous.

made it 10 minutes into that video and stopped it cuz those guys are delusional. He is going to torch the kings no matter what when he comes back? LOL he can get 40 for all I care as long as we win. Just because he scores a lot of points doesn't mean his team will win. If he wants to come in and chuck shots if he plays us, he can be my guest. That said, if we can keep him for a bargain price(5-6 mill) or deal him in a S&T I'd do it because our worst nightmare imo is bleeding talent/assets. But to act like he is some basketball god who is just gonna come in and wreck the kings is ridiculous.
Well said. He can come in and score 100 for all I care what matters more is that we win, that maybe 3 years from now the Kings are the better team consistently.

No, IT has a +.4 per game, only King in the black. I'd say it's pretty impressive for a 28 win team, and Ben being that bad accurately describes what we all saw.
He had a good year. Shot the ball well and put up some good stats.

That really isn't the point though. The issue is that his style doesn't make any of our best players better. In essence, he's a shooting guard that is forced to play point guard because of his size. Our team needs a point guard who looks to setup the entire team. That's not him. Our need is "round", but he his "square". Simple really

Nothing to add, just wanna make a prediction for the record:

Isaiah gets signed for $42/4. No idea with who.
Personally I hope he gets a crazy offer from someone, so letting him go would be an easy decision and no one could complain about it. Unfortunately, I don't think GMs around the league are so stupid.

Fantastic post. It's funny, I came on and saw the usual crew going right after my post. If you don't think IT is a selfish chucker who hurts the team, you're just an "IT jocker/fanboy" with no knowledge of the game of basketball whatsoever.

This is literally the only place on the internet that feels the need to bash and demean IT and anyone who dares to post something of support for him.

This type of thing happens on all the sports and political forums I'm on and is the main reason I don't frequent them as often as I once did. I enjoy interacting with other fans especially when your team is far from where you live but the negativity and side taking is exhausting. Just the nature of forums and different opinions I suppose. Unfornately there is zero respect for any opinion but our own.

It was an honest question that I was asking, I wasn't trying to insinuate that it didn't count or anything - there is clearly value in someone who shoots you back into a game. And again, you go on and on about how you can't praise Thomas without being bashed around here, and all I did was ask a simple question and you added "midget chucked" and whatnot. You can't deny that he chucked us back into the game, and I even added that it was successful. If a guy is taking lots of shots that aren't being set up as part of the offense that's chucking to me, unless you have a different definition of chucking.
The word "chucked" has a negative connotation in itself. Calling someone a chucker means a guy that shoots a lot at a low efficiency. The first guy I remember being called that was Antoine Walker in his Celtic days, but more modern examples are Brandon Jennings or even Iverson in his worst years. If you're being efficient(which IT was, especially by PG standards) your not a chucker, you could be called a scorer, but not chucker.

Yeah he might not be the best fit here starting, definetly fits on any team as a sixth man. Another thing people look over is that IT puts pressure on opposing PG's with his speed and quickness he can get around ANY PG in the league, and you have to guard him on the perimeter because of his shooting. Yes he needs to learn to manage games better but that is a learning process, he's hardly a finished product mainly in the more cerebral aspects of PG play. We'll see what happens though, my guess is he goes to the Lakers at $8 million per.

It's also about flow, rhythm, decision making, personally I don't think IT is a great "game manager." He may well be one in a few years, but right now, on this team, I hope we move on.

Here's some IT quotes. Think they're new.

I just want to be wanted. I don't know if they really want me like other teams do. Like I said, since day one I just want to be wanted. I know there's a few teams out there that's showing a lot of interest. I'm just waiting to see what's the best fit for me. At the end of the day it's a business and you've got to do what's best for yourself.
On Sacramento's signing of Darren Collison:

It hurt, but at the same time that's been my story my whole life. People have doubted me, people always bring guys in who they think are going to outplay me or outwork me and that's just not the case. I'm going to just continue working hard, continue to be me, and hopefully a real good team wants me on their team and I can go there.

If IT goes elsewhere to be 6th man, it is soooo easy to shake it off. He and his wife were blown away by the big scoreboard banner pictures of IT in Phoenix?? goody for them. They are not wanted any more in Phoenix than they were in Sac as starting PG. Very much wanted both places as 6th man. So who is dissing who now?

Even his detractors generally would have agreed he's a great scoring spark plug off the bench. He wants to do it behind Dragic and Bledsoe? Go for it. I just hope Pete can bring back a helpful piece in the deal, any piece.

If IT goes elsewhere to be 6th man, it is soooo easy to shake it off. He and his wife were blown away by the big scoreboard banner pictures of IT in Phoenix?? goody for them. They are not wanted any more in Phoenix than they were in Sac as starting PG. Very much wanted both places as 6th man. So who is dissing who now?

Even his detractors generally would have agreed he's a great scoring spark plug off the bench. He wants to do it behind Dragic and Bledsoe? Go for it. I just hope Pete can bring back a helpful piece in the deal, any piece.
This is the funny part to me. He feels so disrespected about not being a starter and people putting others in front of him that he's leaving to somewhere where he won't start.

So the suns will have 6 PGs? Bizarre.

Per Espn the plan is to have Isaiah back up Bledsoe/Dragic. They also have Ish Smith, Tyler Ennis and Archie Goodwin.

There's not a chance we get Bledsoe. We lose IT for nothing.

Last edited:
This is the funny part to me. He feels so disrespected about not being a starter and people putting others in front of him that he's leaving to somewhere where he won't start.
No he wants to be with an organization that will pay him what he's worth and wants him. He is a pro basketball player, his highest earning potential for life is 12-14 years if he's lucky, he's already spent 3 of those years making the NBA minimum. Also its pretty ironic that people want him gone because he won't accept a sixth man role, yet he may go to a team with the pre-perceived notion that he will be the sixth man. Maybe that speaks more about our organization, IT says "I want to be wanted", apparently our FO didn't want him at all because if the main hangup was not buying in to a sixth man role, him going to Phoenix dispels all of that.

Actually I wonder if Phoenix should be a little proactive about such a clogged back-court, knowing IT's dainty psyche where "respect" is concerned might come back to bite them if they can't find minutes for him. Maybe they WOULD move one of those better guards????? one can dream.

A second rounder?? I guess that would be friendly, but how does that facilitate anything positive for Phoenix? I'd think we do a trade for some salary or nothing at all. If I'm the Phoenix GM I don't blink here.

Phoenix must have something else up their sleeve. Maybe they are actually willing to S&T Bledsoe somewhere ... or move Dragic.

I couldn't justifying locking that much money, and a fresh first round draft pick up for essentially one position. Sure, they can all more or less play SG, but they are all primarily point guards. Odd.

Anyhow, if it is a sign & trade ... Len seems like their most moveable piece that still has some value.

I would pay a lot of money to Dragic - it is my number one roster wet dream. He and Stauskas would be an electric backcourt, Ben and Derrick as the 6&7. I really think the Kings would be on to something if they could pull that off - if there is just any way at all......

I would pay a lot of money to Dragic - it is my number one roster wet dream. He and Stauskas would be an electric backcourt, Ben and Derrick as the 6&7. I really think the Kings would be on to something if they could pull that off - if there is just any way at all......
Don't see any reason Phx would do this. They can sign IT outright and get much more in return should they decide to S&T Bledsoe.

No he wants to be with an organization that will pay him what he's worth and wants him. He is a pro basketball player, his highest earning potential for life is 12-14 years if he's lucky, he's already spent 3 of those years making the NBA minimum. Also its pretty ironic that people want him gone because he won't accept a sixth man role, yet he may go to a team with the pre-perceived notion that he will be the sixth man. Maybe that speaks more about our organization, IT says "I want to be wanted", apparently our FO didn't want him at all because if the main hangup was not buying in to a sixth man role, him going to Phoenix dispels all of that.
well... i'm not really sure that this is a useful perspective. isaiah thomas has to go somewhere, and, as it happens, nowhere is offering a starting job. so all that leaves is the money and the satisfaction of being wanted, even if he has to return to a role as a sixth man...

I think Phoenix has their style, playing two dynamic quick PG's together, and they want to go all in on that. I assume two of Dragic, Bledsoe, IT will be on the floor together at all times. They want teams to adjust to them, its not conventional, but with the way PG's are allowed to thrive in the Modern NBA its something that that was long coming. He very much fits their up and down style.

I think Phoenix has their style, playing two dynamic quick PG's together, and they want to go all in on that. I assume two of Dragic, Bledsoe, IT will be on the floor together at all times. They want teams to adjust to them, its not conventional, but with the way PG's are allowed to thrive in the Modern NBA its something that that was long coming. He very much fits their up and down style.
I do think its a good fit style wise. Don't think they have enough outside the backcourt to do any damage but a good fit.

Do you have to pay someone what their best case scenario wish is, in order to respect them? His definition of "being wanted" apparently is throwing an extra couple mil in, while remaining a starter as a King

well... i'm not really sure that this is a useful perspective. isaiah thomas has to go somewhere, and, as it happens, nowhere is offering a starting job. so all that leaves is the money and the satisfaction of being wanted, even if he has to return to a role as a sixth man...
I think if he prioritized starting he would try to go to the Lakers because the only guy in front of him would be the remains of Steve Nash. If he goes to Phoenix as a sixth man it certainly doesn't look good on our FO. While also being aware that IT could be insurance policy for Dragic(but I see PHX wanting to keep Dragic).

Well PDA, if Suns are close , you better get on the telephone, tell suns in your best poker voice, If you email me an offer sheet we will match and pay the luxury tax to keep IT as our 6th Man of the year, instead of yours

Unless of course ...... (Insert Len,Plumlee, draft picks)

Status
Not open for further replies.