IST Quarterfinals: New Orleans Pelicans at Sacramento Kings, 12/4/2023, 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE Sacramento Kings are TWO WINS away from playing for the CHAMPIONSHIP, folks!

I repeat, THE Sacramento Kings are TWO WINS away from playing for the CHAMPIONSHIP, folks!

No, not THAT championship...

We have yet to win this season against those pesky Peli-Cans. But, tonight's gonna be different. I can feel it.

We're gonna come out motivated to win the inaugural in-season tournament.

As a result...

We're gonna do some good things.
We're gonna do some great things.

I have just one thing to say, Kings Fam Bam...

#BeamThatMuthaEffingLight

JUST.
MUTHA.
EFFING.
BEAM.
THAT.
ISH.

Oh, and also...

Just Win, Baby.

Last edited:
Actually, they are two wins away from playing for the championship. These are the quarterfinals. The semifinals take place on Thursday at 5:00 and 9:00 EST. If they win tonight, the Kings will play the first game at 8:00 PST.
Also, just to avoid confusion for other members...Semifinal games take place on Thursday at 5p EST/2p PST, and 9p EST/6p PST. So the Kings, if we win, would play at 9p EST/6p PST, and not 8p PST as your post indicates. Just wanted to correct you to avoid mass confusion, that's all...:):):)

I hope the IST vibe gives us something. Not feeling positive after the 2 beatings they gave us already.
Let's get that win and light the BEAM!

I think we’re too good to lose three games in a row against these Pels. The first one happened, the second was played in short order right after the first, but we’ve had time to plan and plenty of data to guide us. I like our chances.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think we’re too good to lose three games in a row against these Pels. The first one happened, the second was played in short order right after the first, but we’ve had time to plan and plenty of data to guide us. I like our chances.
Mike Brown also put in the giant killer double horn set in response to the Pelican games so we’ll see how that affects things.

Lets see what Lyles can do against him. Barnes was ineffective in the matchup
I can’t think of anyone in the NBA that would match up well with Zion. Personally I’d think outside of the box and run a Fox, KVon, Keegan, Sabonis and Javale lineup. Let Sabonis bigger body take a crack at Zion. Domantas moves side to side really well and might be able to body up a bit on him. Or use Javale’s 7’6 wingspan for spurts on him. Zion weighs 285, pretty hard for 220 pound guys to defend him.

I can’t think of anyone in the NBA that would match up well with Zion. Personally I’d think outside of the box and run a Fox, KVon, Keegan, Sabonis and Javale lineup. Let Sabonis bigger body take a crack at Zion. Domantas moves side to side really well and might be able to body up a bit on him. Or use Javale’s 7’6 wingspan for spurts on him. Zion weighs 285, pretty hard for 220 pound guys to defend him.
Can we sign the artist formerly known as Artest to a 10-day?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Mike Brown also put in the giant killer double horn set in response to the Pelican games so we’ll see how that affects things.
We blasted the hell out of that set in the second half of the Minny game and have barely used it since. The way I figure it, no sense in letting your opponents scout it, right? Hopefully we break it out tonight and get some serious downhill movement against a team not ready to deal with it.

Sabonis may get injured trying to take a charge or going straight up with Z. Just go ahead and put Lyles or Barnes on him and let Z have his way.

I don't think it was a weight issue. Barnes just couldn't seem to stay in front of him. Easier said than done obviously, but there are guys who can stay in front and make him try to shoot over the top. I think Lyles would be more willing to keep his chest in front and take some contact

I don't think it was a weight issue. Barnes just couldn't seem to stay in front of him. Easier said than done obviously, but there are guys who can stay in front and make him try to shoot over the top. I think Lyles would be more willing to keep his chest in front and take some contact.
We saw a lot of double-teaming and trapping against both Curry and Jocik. Coaches Brown and Fernandez have had plenty of time to come up with some strategies to hold off the Z-son. They do not show the same defensive design on every play, either, but keep the other team guessing.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Sabonis may get injured trying to take a charge or going straight up with Z. Just go ahead and put Lyles or Barnes on him and let Z have his way.
I'm down with the old "Let the one guy who's super tough to guard anyways get his and try to slow everyone else down" approach.

HB isn't stopping anyone these days anyways, but getting steamrolled by Zion isn't exactly a rare occurrence when the dude is healthy and not nursing a months long buffet injury.

I don't think it was a weight issue. Barnes just couldn't seem to stay in front of him. Easier said than done obviously, but there are guys who can stay in front and make him try to shoot over the top. I think Lyles would be more willing to keep his chest in front and take some contact
The weight doesn’t hurt. He can bully his way down for better position and then he spins off his defender with top shelf quickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.