Isola: Artest Trade Likely

I call BS.

Of course Petrie is never a man to turn down a great deal so if this means getting some amazing pieces for Artest then he will do it. If not, he stays...

No one on the team is untradable......Not even K-Mart if the price is right.

Damn, the NY media is trying really hard to get this deal done. They know if the knicks get Artest and for a team of Marbury, Artest, and Randolph it gives them a boat load of material next year.

Kwame and Bynum would be good additions to the roster, but I don't see Lakers trading them for Artest and Salmons; IMHO Lakers wouldn't trade Bynum right now, he's their future.

What is so great about a 30th pick 2 years ago? I dont understand. I dont think Lee is worth Artest. No thanks.

That's flawed logic if I ever saw it. So you are saying the place in the draft determines how much trade value they have? So a guy like Ben Wallace shouldn't be traded if someone offered Brendan Haywood since he was a high pick?

If I am wrong let me know. I am curious to know what you meant.

That's flawed logic if I ever saw it. So you are saying the place in the draft determines how much trade value they have? So a guy like Ben Wallace shouldn't be traded if someone offered Brendan Haywood since he was a high pick?

If I am wrong let me know. I am curious to know what you meant.
I agree it's flawed logic...Lee has over-compensated his pick. However, He IS a role player. Ron is better than a role player. I think his major point is...what's all the hype about Lee. While a nice player and great to have, he's definitely not worth Artest.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I agree it's flawed logic...Lee has over-compensated his pick. However, He IS a role player. Ron is better than a role player. I think his major point is...what's all the hype about Lee. While a nice player and great to have, he's definitely not worth Artest.

Ron is better than a role player...and worse than a roleplayer. He lost for years and years, then destroyed a franchise at the brink of contention, just gone done "leading" his team to a yummy 33 wins last season, and in general may just be a loser.

Lee may "only" be a roleplayer, but he's a very good one, knows his role, causes no problems, and fills his specific role very reliably. New York apparently isn't the only team that thinks that that kind of reliability might have more value than a self absorbed nutter who managed to complain about his role, undermine his coach, throw tantrums in the locker room, get charged with neglecting his dog, and then with abusing his wife, announce he was retiring, and then change his mind all in the space of 6 months. Ron was the best player the Kings had last year. Sometimes that's the bad news and just not worth the trouble.

As for the Lakers deal...while Bynum would be lovely, if we get an ender (attached to a 6'11" guy no less) a pick and a kid out of ANY team for Ron at this point it has to be strongly considered. Let the other team be the one to have to face the end of Ron's contract, deal with an erratic immature person as he decieds whether to stay or go...once a day. And figure out themselves what is worse, losing ron for nothing or signing him to a big contract that could marry them to him forever.

Last edited:
I don't deal with the lakers period, but if they put up a very good offer...Kwame/Bynum for Ron/Salmons then I think they have a shot at getting Ron...but there's no need to take LESS back because they aren't willing to..that's like saying we should settle for Nate Robinson because the Knicks don't want to trade lee. They don't really want Ron's all defensive talents on their roster then.
They're not giving up Bynum for Artest, so that's the end of that. I'm only trying to stay realistic and I think Kwame, Farmar, and a future 1st is the most they'd be willing to offer. Sure we ask for more but that doesn't mean we'll get it. I'm not saying we should settle for Nate Robinson I'm saying what the lakers have to offer may be the best available. An expiring, a pick that could be around the late teens early 20's, and a good young PG that can run a transition offense. I don't have any delusions about Artest's trade value and I do NOT want him on the team next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I call BS.

Of course Petrie is never a man to turn down a great deal so if this means getting some amazing pieces for Artest then he will do it. If not, he stays...

No one on the team is untradable......Not even K-Mart if the price is right.
Another rumor coming out of New York. The site of origin is the New York Daily News. I'm not impressed. Saying Artest "figures to be traded at some point this summer" is pretty wishy-washy... I'm just curious to see how long they continue the Artest-o-rama in the NY papers.