Isaiah Thomas says Kings disrespected him

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT lives in the world of it's all about him as hero. Forget team defense or his lack thereof, setting up teammates, he is first among equals, IT is the unchallenged leader - and all the rest of his Napoleonic complex. The Kings organization simply wanted him to be in 6th man role and now that's exactly what he'll be going in Phoenix. Maybe the oppressive heat has got to him down there with this salvo aimed at Kings. It was around 120F last couple of days in the Valley of the Sun.

PDA didn't even call him. I'd call that disrespect. He should have called to at least end things well.

Unless that report was wrong? I'm no IT fanboy, but what happened seems disrespectful.

On the one hand, IT likely wouldn't even be in a position to get this contract without the Kings. He should probably realise that.

Howeverrrr, the quote isn't so bad.
I felt I did a good enough job to show them I was a starting point guard or a guy who could play a big role with their team.
Maybe he would have accepted a role off the bench based off that quote. Still, I'm happy that his overall mentality is off the team.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
He doesn't make it hard to miss him. Hopefully we aren't buying his contract on a minimum deal in 4 years.

So glad this guy is GONE. One of the most immature, and childishly manipulative players I've ever seen.

Is this a championship attitude? Does this remind you of the great Celtic, Laker (80s), Spurs teams.

Not in the least.

Full confidence behind the FO for letting this guy go.

PDA didn't even call him. I'd call that disrespect. He should have called to at least end things well.

Unless that report was wrong? I'm no IT fanboy, but what happened seems disrespectful.
Big ****ing deal. So your feelings got hurt when you didn't get a call. You go to the press and make a story out of it??? Pathetic behavior, but we've come to think it normal for this guy. He had conditioned us to his own immaturity.

Big ****ing deal. So your feelings got hurt when you didn't get a call. You go to the press and make a story out of it??? Pathetic behavior, but we've come to think it normal for this guy. He had conditioned us to his own immaturity.
You wouldn't feel disrespected if you showed up to work and your boss fired you, but didn't have the guts to tell you himself so you had to find out through someone else? And that person who told you didn't actually have orders to tell you?

Sorry, but if that is true, vivek and the FO should be ashamed. Doesn't look good for potential free agents when a player is let go in such a manner.

As I said, I'm no IT fanboy and I'm actually glad he's gone, but this was an awful PR move.

What if IT blows up this year? Can u imagine the stories Espn would write and put on tv? "Cast off without even a phone call, IT forgets his horrible experience in Sac and looks toward the playoffs." That would follow up with IT talking about how much different suns management is.

PR is big for small market teams. This could hurt if IT does anything noteworthy.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
For the most part, I thought that what he was saying was disrespectful was his entire tenure with the Kings always trying to replace him as a starter. Which is both more reasonable than being upset about FA, and also exactly that ego problem I've mentioned in the past. IT is not the good soldier. I don't know if he could have been molded into one if we were a strong organization who had taken the bull by the horns from the beginning, but certainly after we let a babbling brownnoser like Keith Smart pump him up while Bruski blew sweet scented bubbles up his ass we'd lost control of the situation.

Anyway, on this one its pretty clear exactly what happened, why it happened, the philosophy of replacing him etc. The only thing not 100% is which faction in the front office supported vs. did not support him, but even there I think Vivek let a critical hint slip in his summer league interview when he said how much he loved IT and wanted him back, but he trusted his basketball people and they made the decision. That would suggest PDA or Malone wanting to move on, while yet another enthusiastic but neophyte owner waxed enthusiastic.

For the most part, I thought that what he was saying was disrespectful was his entire tenure with the Kings always trying to replace him as a starter. Which is both more reasonable than being upset about FA, and also exactly that ego problem I've mentioned in the past. IT is not the good soldier. I don't know if he could have been molded into one if we were a strong organization who had taken the bull by the horns from the beginning, but certainly after we let a babbling brownnoser like Keith Smart pump him up while Bruski blew sweet scented bubbles up his ass we'd lost control of the situation.

Anyway, on this one its pretty clear exactly what happened, why it happened, the philosophy of replacing him etc. The only thing not 100% is which faction in the front office supported vs. did not support him, but even there I think Vivek let a critical hint slip in his summer league interview when he said how much he loved IT and wanted him back, but he trusted his basketball people and they made the decision. That would suggest PDA or Malone wanting to move on, while yet another enthusiastic but neophyte owner waxed enthusiastic.
The positive thing about Vivek's comment is that despite his love for IT, he let the basketball people make the call. That is a REALLY positive thing. Now whether or not we have the right people making those decisions remains to be seen.

I have to admin I get VERY nervous when I see Chris Mullin involved in decicion making. All I can think about is his time running the Warriors and Nellie ball. Then when you take into account that PDA was his assistant...... :eek:

Anyway, I am willing to give them some leeway and see what they can do but some of the moves have been a bit of a WTF moment!

dude12

Hall of Famer
Ask yourselves how IT would have fit with the CWebb/Vlade teams. He would not have fit with those teams because he would be more concerned with getting his.

You wouldn't feel disrespected if you showed up to work and your boss fired you, but didn't have the guts to tell you himself so you had to find out through someone else? And that person who told you didn't actually have orders to tell you?

Sorry, but if that is true, vivek and the FO should be ashamed. Doesn't look good for potential free agents when a player is let go in such a manner.

As I said, I'm no IT fanboy and I'm actually glad he's gone, but this was an awful PR move.

What if IT blows up this year? Can u imagine the stories Espn would write and put on tv? "Cast off without even a phone call, IT forgets his horrible experience in Sac and looks toward the playoffs." That would follow up with IT talking about how much different suns management is.

PR is big for small market teams. This could hurt if IT does anything noteworthy.
Lol ESPN can go ahead and write whatever the hell they want. IT is never going to be "blowing up" as anymore than a one dimensional scorer/ballhog. If they want to write about how Phoenix has a great scoring 6th man they can be my guest. Besides ... that will just go to show that IT should have accepted being a 6th man to begin with.

If there's anybody who has been disrespected on our team it's Jason Thompson.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ask yourselves how IT would have fit with the CWebb/Vlade teams. He would not have fit with those teams because he would be more concerned with getting his.
He might have fit as BJax. That was always the thing.

I remember BJax's rookie year, the criticism about him as a PG holding the ball/overdribbling was something like "bounces the ball so hard he's checking the floor for cracks"

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
He might have fit as BJax. That was always the thing.

I remember BJax's rookie year, the criticism about him as a PG holding the ball/overdribbling was something like "bounces the ball so hard he's checking the floor for cracks"
True, but IT wanted to be a starter, or at least get paid as one and thought of as one even if he's coming off the bench. BJax did what he could to fit into a team.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Only one team showed him the respect to draft him. He was one position away from having no NBA career, no chance at being a millionaire, one position away from delivering pizzas rather than being the face of a pizza company. Perspective, IT. Have a little perspective. Please realize that the team has goals and they may not coincide with yours.

Folks, does this organization seem like one that would show disrespect to any of its players? Think about it. Perhaps they are showing him the ultimate respect by not going public with their thoughts.

Also, in negotiating a contract there is a back and forth process. The Kings made a qualifying offer. What more should they do? If IT wanted to be a King, his agent could have contacted the FO with a counter proposal.

Sorry, IT, it's an adult world you live in. I'm happy to see you go.

what did i say? selfish micro pizza boy. so glad he's gone. he wasn't a team first dude. he was about getting his and that contract. he should be ****ing happy that malone let him get his so that he could get that contract to take care of his fam.

right and he wouldn't be in position to capitalize without the kings starting him. he should be thankful for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.