Huerter out (update: For the Season) with dislocated shoulder!

I don’t think we can pull off a Fox Monk starting backcourt period. It’s too close to the Dame CJ backcourt which Portland proved over and over was capped in how far it could advance.

If Orlando wants to offer Malik a starting spot I am perfectly happy to take that money and offer Jonathon Isaac a starting spot.
Leaving out the fact that Dame-CJ never had anyone close to Domas as a talent with them in the front-court.

I don’t think we can pull off a Fox Monk starting backcourt period. It’s too close to the Dame CJ backcourt which Portland proved over and over was capped in how far it could advance.

If Orlando wants to offer Malik a starting spot I am perfectly happy to take that money and offer Jonathon Isaac a starting spot.
This is something we agree on. On the Kings, the perfect spot for Monk is coming off the bench as the 6th man. When both Fox and Monk are on the floor, we get taken out of our offense too easily. He would likely work as a starter for Orlando with their lineup.
I say that we re-sign Monk in the off season, and then trade Huerter to Orlando for Isaac.

Yeah, everyone seems to think the Magic are a good fit, but they have a pile of good young guard talent they've invested in. They have a Fultz decision this off-season, 6th overall pick on Black, Cole Anthony is their version of Monk and Suggs is a locked in starter at one of their guard slots.

I think they're far more likely to just stay invested in their own pieces and like you said, look to add vet pieces to their young core. Adding a huge USG guy like Monk doesn't make a lot of sense.

Spurs to me are the real threat. Wemby has serious appeal and if Monk wanted to run a team, that'd be the situation to go into being "the man" with Wemby. But even there, does he want to potentially move backwards to a rebuilding situation?

Not worried one bit about DET/Utah/CHA.
yeh the Spurs are a good fit potentially. They have 21 mil in space so that comes out to 4 for 90 if they use all of it and give 5 percent raises.

as you said, does he want to go to a team that likely has a 40 win ceiling next year?
Do the Spurs want to push forward the rebuild or do they want one more “development year” to get a crack at the top of the ‘25 draft.

Well I wouldn't be "perfectly happy" about it but it could ease the pain. Really want Monk on board for a long time and Keon starting that's the ideal situation.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah, everyone seems to think the Magic are a good fit, but they have a pile of good young guard talent they've invested in. They have a Fultz decision this off-season, 6th overall pick on Black, Cole Anthony is their version of Monk and Suggs is a locked in starter at one of their guard slots.

I think they're far more likely to just stay invested in their own pieces and like you said, look to add vet pieces to their young core. Adding a huge USG guy like Monk doesn't make a lot of sense.

Spurs to me are the real threat. Wemby has serious appeal and if Monk wanted to run a team, that'd be the situation to go into being "the man" with Wemby. But even there, does he want to potentially move backwards to a rebuilding situation?

Not worried one bit about DET/Utah/CHA.
Yeah. Looking at the Magic roster the thing that they need more than an on ball scoring guard is a wing/forward capable of spacing the floor even just a little bit. It’s sort of why they wound up reaching in the draft for Jett Howard but they might be better served throwing a big contract at Tobias Harris than giving Malik a huge deal to sorta get in the way of Suggs and Black’s development.

Kevin is out for the season. This is unfortunate but expected. Hoping for a good recovery for Red Velvet.

CBS link
Everyone pooh-poohed the Kings' success last season because they were "comparatively" healthy. This, despite Sabonis playing with an injured thumb most of the campaign, and then getting literally stomped on in the playoffs. (I still cannot believe that happened and Draymond Green was allowed to continue in the series.) Well, no one can say that anymore.

This is something we agree on. On the Kings, the perfect spot for Monk is coming off the bench as the 6th man. When both Fox and Monk are on the floor, we get taken out of our offense too easily. He would likely work as a starter for Orlando with their lineup.
I say that we re-sign Monk in the off season, and then trade Huerter to Orlando for Isaac.
If only the Magic would go for that.

yeh the Spurs are a good fit potentially. They have 21 mil in space so that comes out to 4 for 90 if they use all of it and give 5 percent raises.

as you said, does he want to go to a team that likely has a 40 win ceiling next year?
Do the Spurs want to push forward the rebuild or do they want one more “development year” to get a crack at the top of the ‘25 draft.
I'm hopeful that the factor of playing with and being able to hang out all the time with one of his best friends carries some weight, too.

Hoping Red Velvet has a speedy recovery.

But he will still be recovering from his injury when the NBA draft and free agency begins, which will make it more difficult to trade him for a fair return. The Kings best option this summer may to be hold on to Red Velvet and hope he embraces a role off the bench next year. He could be our Kyle Korver or Doug McDermott off the bench if he would just wrap his head around being our 3 point sniper off the bench. He could become one of the best.

If we can re-sign Monk and have Huerter, Lyles and Sasha reining 3s off the bench, we could become an upper echelon team next season.

Leaving out the fact that Dame-CJ never had anyone close to Domas as a talent with them in the front-court.
Healthy Isaac pretty much absolutely ideal fit next to Domas , Malik has been mostly amazing this year, but it's hard not to salivate at Fox-Ellis-Murray-Isaac-Sabonis potential lineup.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
with the official news coming out of Huerter being out for the year, this is Napo's best opportunity to show that he cements himself as a long term starter at the 2 spot and how he responds when the Playoffs start

Ugh not good at all but this will at least push us into the identity we’ve been trying to establish. Lyles and Sasha need to get back immediately

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Ugh not good at all but this will at least push us into the identity we’ve been trying to establish. Lyles and Sasha need to get back immediately
If nothing else it removes any possibility of him returning this season, helping define roles for the last 10 games prior to the playoffs. It removes a variable. I'd rather know that now than 8-10 games from now if I am Coach Brown.