Hint that new uniforms are coming? (no new news)

Isn't there some NBA rule that only a certain amount of teams can have black road jersies or something like that? Also I'm not sure if you can just change the uniform from year to year. I thought you need to make the case for a new uni a few years in advance. Could be wrong, just what I think I remember.
If you have a binding agreement with the uniform company you can have any uniform you want.

Ha Ha:)

KB

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Isn't there some NBA rule that only a certain amount of teams can have black road jersies or something like that? Also I'm not sure if you can just change the uniform from year to year. I thought you need to make the case for a new uni a few years in advance. Could be wrong, just what I think I remember.
Yes to your question, and yes to the comment about the uniforms. Any changes to uniforms have to be approved by the NBA before they are instituted.

The gold uniforms are nasty.... I really would love to see the Kings go back to red and blue. At least until the new arena is built. At least then they will match the seats in STA.

Rather than powder blue go with dark blue which is the main color in the jersey below.

and

Change the cut of the jersey to match the one above so the neck isn't a "V" neck. The V neck looks ugly.

I am a fan of those jerseys, probably because I love red/white/blue together.

Last edited:
I was thinking of a new thread but I think it's best to post here.

I think with new ownership, new arena, maybe it's time for new branding. New uniforms, logos and the works. This doesn't have to happen this year but at least in time for the opening of the arena.

The "Kings" as a brand has so much appeal and I feel it's not currently being used to it's potential. I don't mind the purple, it was born in Sacramento, but the logos are dated.

I want to see simple, easily recognizable logos and branding. I do like the older "Kings" cursive, but it looks off. It looks crooked and I feel it's main appeal is nostalgia, throwback. It is part of the Kings heritage but I feel now is the time to start, or at least continue the Sacramento heritage.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was thinking of a new thread but I think it's best to post here.

I think with new ownership, new arena, maybe it's time for new branding. New uniforms, logos and the works. This doesn't have to happen this year but at least in time for the opening of the arena.

The "Kings" as a brand has so much appeal and I feel it's not currently being used to it's potential. I don't mind the purple, it was born in Sacramento, but the logos are dated.

I want to see simple, easily recognizable logos and branding. I do like the older "Kings" cursive, but it looks off. It looks crooked and I feel it's main appeal is nostalgia, throwback. It is part of the Kings heritage but I feel now is the time to start, or at least continue the Sacramento heritage.
I personally love our primary logo. New owners don't mean we have to throw out everything. There is something to be said for tradition, as well as change.

sac-kings-uni.jpg

I'd love if they could keep that same design that they have with the black uniform this year but make it a home white. Simple an elegant. Sorry for the bad MS Paint job.

Kind of off-topic, I suppose, but does it bug anyone else that white is the default home jersey color? If all you attend is home games, you only see your team in white. Blech... I'd rather see our guys in the colorful jerseys while the opponents are reduced to the monotony of white.
I'm with you 100% on this. I don't get why MLB, NFL, and NHL use team colors for home games, and white road jerseys for way games. Kinda tough to "bleed purple" when the team you're cheering on is on the court all in white.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I suspect the NBA wears white at home (except the Lakers) in order to show fans from other teams the team's colors. It is assumed that the home team knows what the team colors are.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm with you 100% on this. I don't get why MLB, NFL, and NHL use team colors for home games, and white road jerseys for way games. Kinda tough to "bleed purple" when the team you're cheering on is on the court all in white.
Exactly my point. I want to see my team's colors. I honestly don't give a rat's patoot about the other team. :)

The only thing I am terrified about is Ranadive's connection with the Warriors. The reason I say that??.....Those God awful t-shirt jerseys they came out with this year. I really hope that stays with Golden state.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The only thing I am terrified about is Ranadive's connection with the Warriors. The reason I say that??.....Those God awful t-shirt jerseys they came out with this year. I really hope that stays with Golden state.
I'm pretty sure Vivek wasn't the final say-so on that.

I am not terrified by anything at this point. From what I've seen thus far, Vivek and Co. are truly wanting to listen to the fans. They're not going to turn this franchise upside down in terms of logos, jerseys, etc. when what we've had for the most part isn't broken. They will, however, cater to the needs of the people who want to buy Kings merchandise. I strongly suspect we're going to see a much wider assortment of items available for purchase both at the team store and online.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Woohoo!

And back to baby blue too! Sneak peak at Kings unis 2013-14:

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Woohoo!

And back to baby blue too! Sneak peak at Kings unis 2013-14:
How about throwing a NSFW tag on this?!
Something like:
Warning! Baby blue banana sling inside:
banana sling
Now I have to go talk to the IT department.
Thanks, Brick.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hate to necro this thread but I just realized our new double Macs have last year's jerseys. Does this mean we're not getting a new jersey any time soon?
At this point, I don't think too many people are worried about new jerseys. Approval is required by the NBA a year in advance so I doubt if we'll be seeing any changes until next season at least.