Heroes

*SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT*

I looked back and there weren't any threads on this show. I just hope i'm not the only one tuned in. Its an entertaining bit, sort of in the same format as Lost, but slightly failing in that area because you are thrown into the show without knowing what's going on. At all.

From episode one, I have been confused. Its kind of clearing up now, but the first 2 episodes are not a good way to get people hooked. You've got brothers that can both fly, an invincible girl, a man who paints the future when he gets high, a guy who can travel time and teleport, a woman who has a very violent mirror twin, and a cop who can read minds.

You've also got this guy named Sylar who is the ulti-bad dude (I also think he is Claire's [invincigirl] adoptive dad) who is trying to kill all of the super people so he can put his evil plan into motion. He adopted Claire in order to try to take her out, he just hasn't figured it out.

There was this Professor who new about the adaptations these humans developed. He ran into Sylar and helped him develop his powers, and Sylar thinks he is unstoppable. He tried to force the professor into giving him the exact whereabouts of all the other heroes, but the professor refused and he killed him. He snooped around looking for the info, but the professors son (think the Charles Xavier of this strange group) got it first.

That's pretty much it. So tune in, its not bad. Not for children in my opinion. Bloody scenes of carnage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am watching and think it has potential. I think its pretty creative and I think the Japanese guy, Hiro, is great fun. :)

BTW: Sorry I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday Venom. Hope it was great. :)

Prophetess

Gallifrayain
ok, the episode I had taped for me last night, wasn't the premiere?? sure looked like it was, hmmmm...must check that out. good drama, loved the way the intertwined the characters. Looking forward to more.

the episode i caught:chapter 1:In his own image, season 1 --1st ep? or not? when i click on episodes on the site, it doesn't list them like scifi does.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've enjoyed it so far. This is another one, though, that has to be very careful. If the writing falls off at all, it's just going to end up looking like a SNL skit of a sci-fi type show.

Ok I think the ending was way gory and gross. And I think that black guy in the bar with the snake necklace was DL, Niki's hubby.

I am a believer of Heroes. What a great show. Growing up with Superman, Star Trek, Star Wars, Twighlight Zone and the like this is a great show. It is current yet classic. Season Pass on my TIVO for sure.

Ok I think the ending was way gory and gross. And I think that black guy in the bar with the snake necklace was DL, Niki's hubby.

ok, that would make sorta sense, I thought he might be Syler, since cop guy couldn't read his thoughts. (have they ever shown Syler's face?) I wasn't sure who he was. And I didn't see that as a snake, it's the same symbol on the cheerleader geometry book, in the code on the computer, and on the book.

what a very cool show. i'm usually working on monday nights, so this is the first opportunity i have had to watch it. after 45 minutes i can say i'm already pretty hooked. very interesting storyline from what i understand so far.

ali larters character is growing on me. she's really progressing as an actress. very well put together show, one of few favorites of mine. i wanna see more future hiro. i sorta wonder what other powers the son of jessica possess, both his parents have extrordiany powers. i doubt that last scene sas what it appeared. sylar is also an interesting character and is intriguing.

OH MY! YEAH!!!!! :D :D :D

From http://www.scifi.com/sfw/news/

Takei Is Dad Of Heroes' Hiro

TV Guide reported that Star Trek veteran George Takei has been cast as the father of the Trek-obsessed Hiro in NBC's hit superhero series Heroes. "It was one of those lightning-bolt ideas," series creator Tim Kring told TV Guide.

Takei, who played Mr. Sulu in the original Trek TV show and subsequent films, will play dad to the breakout time-bending character played by Masi Oka. "This is absolutely brilliant!" Oka told the magazine. "I just hope I get to say, 'Dad! Sulu is my hero, not you!'"

The Nov. 27 issue of TV Guide will have details of Takei's appearance. Heroes airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

So apparently Sylar is a guy who had no powers, but has figured a way to get the special powers from those that do? By killing them?

It also looks like not all the folks with special powers are good.

this weeks episode allowed viewers backstory and placed some pieces in place. heard another season is coming with new heroes characters. i have high expectations for this season, I can't begin to imagine how it ends.

I've been. I liked it so far.

I'm sad to see they didn't "save" Hiro's girlfriend..... :( She's cute and energetic in the show, I loved her.

I love this show and I am so upset that we have to wait 6 WEEKS to see where it is going. I am totally confused by certain parts of it though and need to process all that happened on last night's show.

When Sylar was in that room, did he have his powers all along (was he just toying with everyone)? How is he obtaining everyone's powers that he kills? Obviously he is taking their brains but how is he absorbing their powers? Am I missing something?

This is such a great show and now that I am hooked it won't be on for a while. That sucks!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I have caught MOST of the episodes but really wnated to tape the maraton on Sci Fi chanle beceause there is obviously some things I have missed. But alas was not able to tape it. If anyone has the show taped I would love to borrow it... Im kind of surprized at how well the show is doing, I guess after Lost people are willing to take on more complicated story lines.

I don't usually watch these drama/hero shows (Smalleville ruined my last experience) but I've watched every epidsode of Heros and I'm glad I only have to wait 6 weeks for the second season.

I'm glad I only have to wait 6 weeks for the second season.

I'm under the impression that it isn't the second season that will be airing in january, rather the end of the first season. either way, i'm looking forward to a thrilling ending of what is just an awesome series.

I have caught MOST of the episodes but really wnated to tape the maraton on Sci Fi chanle beceause there is obviously some things I have missed. But alas was not able to tape it. If anyone has the show taped I would love to borrow it... Im kind of surprized at how well the show is doing, I guess after Lost people are willing to take on more complicated story lines.

you can hope Sci-Fi run them again. I'm in the same boat. I'm still trying to catch a few. I'd lend you mine but the tapes went back to get another episode of somehting hopefully.

Yes this show is amazing. And1 had some good questions. Why didn't he do the same thing to Claires dad. I think his power is other peoples powers don't work on him. Lame, but the persuasive lady tried to tell him to go away and it didn't work. and Sylar eats peoples brains.

Sylar does have a power. He can see exactly how things work and fix them if they are broken. He looks into the brains of other heroes, sees how the "power" is working in their brain and changes his own DNA. They mentioned that in the last episode. The reason why Sylar could not persuade daddy was because the Haitian was there blocking his thoughts etc....just like he did when Matthew the cop tried to read Claire and her dad. Sylar is much stronger then Eden and ready for her mind meld, so he was able to pull her through the glass. He did not kill her. I believe Eden killed herself by shooting herself in the head so Sylar could not get her powers. She detroyed her brain so he could't see how she ticked and take her powers.