HB IS BACK

So we’re good being a first round exit team again? Because that’s probably what’s going to happen if we just run it back.
What’s with the one-dimensional thinking?

So because last seasons team faced the defending champs and barely lost (were possibly a made HB shot away from advancing) they are somehow doomed to the same outcome and same 1st round fate in perpetuity?

That’s just a perfectly flawed way to look at it.

Lemme guess. You were also certain that the KINGS were gonna get passed up by every one of the teams that made moves at the trade deadline this past February while the KINGS stayed idle and pretty much did nothing, right?

What’s with the one-dimensional thinking?

So because last seasons team faced the defending champs and barely lost (were possibly a made HB shot away from advancing) they are somehow doomed to the same outcome and same 1st round fate in perpetuity?

That’s just a perfectly flawed way to look at it.

Lemme guess. You were also certain that the KINGS were gonna get passed up by every one of the teams that made moves at the trade deadline this past February while the KINGS stayed idle and pretty much did nothing, right?
Why are you so salty over my opinion? It's just an opinion. I'm not on every page here freaking out and trying to change minds with it. I think this team as is is a great regular season team who probably shouldn't have much of a problem avoiding the play in. But I'm not confident in our chances to win a series against most of the other top teams in the West unless we address some of our issues. Simple as that.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I think this is why all the vitriol bouncing around regarding HB re-signing was just way over the top. Until we saw what other players were going to get, it was all just stupid bluster. Those others are WAY overpaid and I'm glad Monte didn't do those deals. HB is almost a bargain at this point, and not a bad piece to have.

Don’t underestimate continuity and familiarity, something we haven’t had in years. That + whatever else we add to this team has me pretty excited.
We need to add more though.

Like a good glue piece.

Not sure who that is but I hope Monte isn't done and this isn't what we go into the season with

Why are you so salty over my opinion? It's just an opinion. I'm not on every page here freaking out and trying to change minds with it. I think this team as is is a great regular season team who probably shouldn't have much of a problem avoiding the play in. But I'm not confident in our chances to win a series against most of the other top teams in the West unless we address some of our issues. Simple as that.
Why are you so salty over my opinion of your opinion? It goes both ways, dude.

I'm not on every page here freaking out (like you clearly are here to my response and the KINGS decision to retain HB) and trying to change minds with it.

To prove it, please go back and re-read my response then point me to the section that "is trying to change your mind". I posed three questions and made one solitary statement regarding how flawed your thinking is. Simple as that.

As you stated yourself, "it's just an opinion", right?

If you don't like feedback on your opinions, you don't have to share your opinions for others to read. I'm completely content receiving feedback on my opinions, because I can defend them. Right or wrong.

You did nothing but throw out a snarky, negative spin without providing any supporting evidence whatsoever. That's why you're being called out for it. Not because you have a different opinion.

How about this. Try offering solid reasoning or evidence to support how re-signing HB and possibly running it back with the same team (FA hasn't even officially started yet) will result in that you suggest, instead of throwing a baseless, snarky complaint up against a brick wall to see if it sticks.

My apology that you feel triggered for being called out, but that's how some like myself feel when others don't make the slightest attempt to support what they claim to be "their opinion" and, instead, just sarcastically rant about something they don't like.

That's precisely what you did.

Yes, the KINGS have issues. So does every team. Denver has issues too, but, unlike previous seasons, they were able to overcome those issues to win a title just a couple weeks ago. The Golden State Warriors won the title in 2022 with the same core and vast majority of the same roster they fiedled in 2023 yet experienced a different result in the form of a 2nd round exit.

Point is, the roster doesn't have to change drastically, or at all, to yield better or worse results.

The KINGS didn't address issues at the trade deadline yet were still able to hold on to the 3rd seed despite the masses predicting a fall. Why can't the same happen in 2023/24 (in terms of postseason advancement) with a few tweaks, more experience, more player development, and a shot or two dropping in situations where they didn't before?

That's what you're not considering. At least I can only assume, because you never even attempted to justify your snarky complaint.

Last edited:
Where did you have us finishing last season?

My guess is they'll outperform your expectations again.

Why are you so salty over my opinion of your opinion? It goes both ways, dude.

I'm not on every page here freaking out (like you clearly are here to my response and the KINGS decision to retain HB) and trying to change minds with it.

To prove it, please go back and re-read my response then point me to the section that "is trying to change your mind". I posed three questions and made one solitary statement regarding how flawed your thinking is. Simple as that.

As you stated yourself, "it's just an opinion", right?

If you don't like feedback on your opinions, you don't have to share your opinions for others to read. I'm completely content receiving feedback on my opinions, because I can defend them. Right or wrong.

You did nothing but throw out a snarky, negative spin without providing any supporting evidence whatsoever. That's why you're being called out for it. Not because you have a different opinion.

How about this. Try offering solid reasoning or evidence to support how re-signing HB and possibly running it back with the same team (FA hasn't even officially started yet) will result in that you suggest, instead of throwing a baseless, snarky complaint up against a brick wall to see if it sticks.

My apology that you feel triggered for being called out, but that's how some like myself feel when others don't make the slightest attempt to support what they claim to be "their opinion" and, instead, just sarcastically rant about something they don't like.

That's precisely what you did.

Yes, the KINGS have issues. So does every team. Denver has issues too, but, unlike previous seasons, they were able to overcome those issues to win a title just a couple weeks ago. The Golden State Warriors won the title in 2022 with the same core and vast majority of the same roster they fiedled in 2023 yet experienced a different result in the form of a 2nd round exit.

Point is, the roster doesn't have to change drastically, or at all, to yield better or worse results.

The KINGS didn't address issues at the trade deadline yet were still able to hold on to the 3rd seed despite the masses predicting a fall. Why can't the same happen in 2023/24 (in terms of postseason advancement) with a few tweaks, more experience, more player development, and a shot or two dropping in situations where they didn't before?

That's what you're not considering. At least I can only assume, because you never even attempted to justify your snarky complaint.
Didn’t read all this because you’re clearly trying to argue and this isn’t a big deal. Just relax lol. I didn’t like the deal but after seeing other deals today I’m not mad at this. I stand by my playoff thought though and I’ll leave it at that.

And no mistake, I'd bet HE chose to stay. Look at some of these deals, Barnes could have gotten more in a sign and trade I think.
This may be the first time that the Kings have gotten a home town discount, instead of having to pay the KANGZ premium tax for a premium Free Agent. Hopefully this is the beginning of a new trend. :)

Last edited:
Didn’t read all this because you’re clearly trying to argue and this isn’t a big deal. Just relax lol. I didn’t like the deal but after seeing other deals today I’m not mad at this. I stand by my playoff thought though and I’ll leave it at that.
Uh huh. I’m sure that you didn’t. But yet still felt the need to reply just to claim you didn’t all while working in belittling comments. Well done. That sure seems like the epitome of “relaxed”.

No worries, I get it. It’s far easier to backpedal and retreat and position the other person as argumentative, emotional, and overreactive when pushed to defend unsubstantiated hot takes. I’ve seen that deflection tactic many, many times before and it certainly won’t be the last time.

I’m eagerly looking forward to your next hot take complaint that isn’t really a big deal to you once challenged by someone to defend it.

And I promise not to be one that responds then supports their position with solid reasoning and supporting evidence because I now know you are unable to do the same and will just consider that action as argumentative and skip right past it.

Duly noted.

And no mistake, I'd bet HE chose to stay. Look at some of these deals, Barnes could have gotten more in a sign and trade I think.
I fully agree. Especially knowing how coveted HB reportedly was at the all-star break and even now.

Just goes to show what creating and maintaining a healthy, functional environment can do,

Hali didn’t want to leave, Monk relished coming here, Swipa has never complained, and now neither HB nor Lyles wanted to go.

Had a feeling this deal would look way better after yesterday. HB is a great glue guy and can continue to make an impact on our young team. Very friendly deal that will be easy to move if the right situation pops up next off-season + next year is when the real difference makers become available.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
HB is a good player, but just not the right fit for this team long term, imo. Because this was a paltry FA pool, his money could not be used for a more complementary player. Monte did a good job getting a reasonable contract, which should facilitate a trade down the line.

Fox and Monk are going to crush in that 2nd unit with vezenkov and Lyles spacing. The pick n pop is going to eat.

Plenty of wing options to put with that grouping too. Jones, Kessler or Duarte all depending on the situation. Although I imagine we're going to want to pair Duarte with Domas