Happy New Year from Kingsfans!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
2013 was a pretty interesting year for Kings fans. It's hard to believe all that's happened to us in the past year. We've endured more than any fan base should ever have to endure.

Thanks to Kevin Johnson and Vivek Ranadive and Mike Tavares and CrownDowntown and Carmichael Dave and Here We Stay and everyone else who helped in any way to contribute to us still having a team!

Thanks to all of you for sticking with us, even when all we had to talk about was whether or not we'd still follow the Kings once they became the Sonics.

I have always loved being a Kings fan, but I think I never truly understood how much a part of my life that was until it was very nearly all gone.

We've survived, however, and there's a bright future in front of us.

From all of us here at Kingsfans.com, a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here's hoping 2014 is a great year for each and every one of us.

Once, now and forever...

GO KINGS!!!

Happy New Year fellow Kings fans! It has been a roller coaster year for us as a fan base and we have managed to pull off one of the biggest feats in the sports history! To think it all started with a tweet almost 12 months ago!

Its all upwards from here! Let make it a year to remember! All the best to everyone!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Happy New Year, Sacramento!

2013 was our city's proverbial March: "In like a lion, out like a lamb".

In the last 12 months we've gone from being saddled with do-nothing, obstructionist, NBA-poor ownership to "First and goal" to endless nailbiting NBA Board of Governors meetings to the triumph of Vivek and KJ.

Over the next year, we've got plenty to look forward to: the nearly-inevitable failure of the STOP petition, the City Council voting to move forward with a downtown arena project, and even a golden shovel for groundbreaking. Clearly we've got a lot to be excited about and a lot to be thankful for.

On top of the usual suspects (KJ, Vivek, etc.) I'd like to extend an extra-special thanks (and Happy New Year!) to Mike Tavares, whose tireless efforts (and I say this as a founding member of Crown Downtown - somebody who ought to be putting their own effort in) are nothing short of absolutely astonishing. For every dollar I've put towards the campaign to keep the Kings in Sacramento, Mike has put in fifty. For every hour of time I have donated to the cause, Mike has donated five hundred. I can do nothing but marvel at what Mike has done to galvanize our community and help Sacramento put forward a united front dedicated to the building of a new arena in downtown. Everybody knows Mike as one of the major faces of the Sacramento grassroots - as "the guy in the camouflage hat" - but perhaps few truly realize how much "blood he has spilt for us" in this fight. Take away my own efforts, or those of any other single member of the grassroots, and I have no doubt that the outcome of 2013 would be the same - unless that grassroots member were Mike Tavares. If the citizens of Sacramento and the region have put their voices forth to support a downtown arena, it is largely Mike who has inspired us to speak. If we have flexed our muscles, it is largely Mike who has reminded us of our strength.

And so, as I raise this cup of cheer to Sacramento, I pour an extra helping to Mike, who always believed in us, always reiterated that faith, and in doing so never allowed any of us to stop believing in ourselves or what we might possibly do in that one last desperate goal-line stand.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Happy New Year, Sacramento!

2013 was our city's proverbial March: "In like a lion, out like a lamb".

In the last 12 months we've gone from being saddled with do-nothing, obstructionist, NBA-poor ownership to "First and goal" to endless nailbiting NBA Board of Governors meetings to the triumph of Vivek and KJ.

Over the next year, we've got plenty to look forward to: the nearly-inevitable failure of the STOP petition, the City Council voting to move forward with a downtown arena project, and even a golden shovel for groundbreaking. Clearly we've got a lot to be excited about and a lot to be thankful for.

On top of the usual suspects (KJ, Vivek, etc.) I'd like to extend an extra-special thanks (and Happy New Year!) to Mike Tavares, whose tireless efforts (and I say this as a founding member of Crown Downtown - somebody who ought to be putting their own effort in) are nothing short of absolutely astonishing. For every dollar I've put towards the campaign to keep the Kings in Sacramento, Mike has put in fifty. For every hour of time I have donated to the cause, Mike has donated five hundred. I can do nothing but marvel at what Mike has done to galvanize our community and help Sacramento put forward a united front dedicated to the building of a new arena in downtown. Everybody knows Mike as one of the major faces of the Sacramento grassroots - as "the guy in the camouflage hat" - but perhaps few truly realize how much "blood he has spilt for us" in this fight. Take away my own efforts, or those of any other single member of the grassroots, and I have no doubt that the outcome of 2013 would be the same - unless that grassroots member were Mike Tavares. If the citizens of Sacramento and the region have put their voices forth to support a downtown arena, it is largely Mike who has inspired us to speak. If we have flexed our muscles, it is largely Mike who has reminded us of our strength.

And so, as I raise this cup of cheer to Sacramento, I pour an extra helping to Mike, who always believed in us, always reiterated that faith, and in doing so never allowed any of us to stop believing in ourselves or what we might possibly do in that one last desperate goal-line stand.
Well said, Capt.! More eloquent than I could have ever put it.

Also, as a fellow founding member of Crown Downtown, I back the sentiments on Mike and his efforts. I have NO idea how he does it.

Happy New Year, and here's to a new arena groundbreaking and improved Kings team this year!

I guess I will repost since the thread I started shortly after the clock hit midnight has done me no good (no bad feelings, Kings Fans, none at all). Happy New Year, Kings Fans! Here's to a great year!!!!!

Happy new years and much love to all my kings fans. I made a comment in August that I can't recall a nba fanbase experiencing as much off the court drama in one calendar year. From time to time I still like to read those threads from last year. Can't really celebrate the kings remaining here until that shovel hits dirt, the game is still going on